PDA

View Full Version : X-5's with grips

250EXking
06-28-2003, 01:34 PM
alright,

i just got a set of tag X-5's and scott hurricane grips. on the bars where the grips go one side had a rough texture and the other was smooth. i put my grips on with some water and soap... i dont know if this is right. the side with the rough texture the grip is on there solid. the smooth side of the bar the grip wont stay on.. what do u guys do to keep the grips on. thx for any info.

4TraxRider
06-28-2003, 02:09 PM
I like to use grip glue or spray paint. Don't know how they would stay on any other way.:huh

Black400
06-28-2003, 02:11 PM
get ths stuff called like grip glue

here is a link to order it from rockymountainatv.com just to show you what it is:devil: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0002946493

Black400
06-28-2003, 02:12 PM
well sh$t the link didnt work so go to catalog then to grips and then renthal grip glue:macho

QuadTrix6
06-28-2003, 02:20 PM
mine is the exact opposite it will stick on the smooth part but not the knurled part. I have tried everything and the best is the scott grip stick

KrazyKid300ex
06-28-2003, 02:24 PM
man nothing adhered to my renthals....:confused: :( 8 sets of grips later my dad said f-this and he put them on while i was gone with Krazyglue:devious: :bandit: :muscle:. suckers are not going anywhere:cool:

infantry317
06-28-2003, 03:02 PM
You wire them on in 2 or 3 spots on each grip. Use stainless steel wire, any good atv shop can hook you up, they even have a fancy tool for doing it. ;) good luck

tants
06-29-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
alright,

i just got a set of tag X-5's and scott hurricane grips. on the bars where the grips go one side had a rough texture and the other was smooth. i put my grips on with some water and soap... i dont know if this is right. the side with the rough texture the grip is on there solid. the smooth side of the bar the grip wont stay on.. what do u guys do to keep the grips on. thx for any info.

the reason why the left side is rough and the right side is smooth is because people put twist throttle on the right side. and it needs to be smooth... are your grips dirtbike grips (or for a twist throttle)? make sure they say atv grips on them. i bought twistthrottle grips and my right side was way to big and it didnt stick...

wyndzer
06-29-2003, 06:08 AM
I put a little spray paint in the grip and slide the grip on. When it dries, the grips are solid.

250EXking
06-30-2003, 08:59 AM
i figured it out guys. i put contact cleaner... you know like the stuff that cleans electronics with alcohol in it. sprayed it in the grips dumped out the excess and slid them on. them things are on there solid. thx for the ideas guys.

ZRider400
06-30-2003, 10:23 AM
i went to a yamaha shop and got this yama bond grip glue.....works great. hair spray also works.

bmw500hp
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Black400
well sh$t the link didnt work so go to catalog then to grips and then renthal grip glue:macho

First i used the cheapie stuff, :( loose grips ruined the day, then sprung for the renthal glue :D, Have not tried any of the other methods...would use or keep the wire handy if the ride was important, just in case.