PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Sports Park MX

KFXRacing23024
06-28-2003, 12:41 PM
We need riders bad! This is a Arena Cross style track lots of twist and turns it's not a real horsepower track so everybody generally has a fair shot for the win. The track is very forgiving so no matter your skill level come on out and have some. I'll post the race schedule below. It's located in Millers Tavern, VA that's 29miles east of Mechanicsville on Rt. 360 I can't say enough good things about this track it's very well maintained always ambulance at the track on site snack shack. This is a great place to have a friend or family member come and watch the racing and to video tape as there is grandstands on both sides of the track!

Need to register by 5:30 the evening of the race pre-register @ 1-800-733-5547 or 804-389-8049

July 11-12 Racing starts every night at 7p.m.
August 29-30
September 19-20

KFXRacing23024
06-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah i forgot there are 2 classes for ATV's Open Novice and Open Pro. The guy that runs the show told me yesterday that if he can get enough 400's down there he will run a 400's only race. Open novice 1st, 2nd, & 3rd get trophies and Open Pro 1st $100, 2nd $75, 3rd $50

Dirtbikes welcome too:D

Gate fee- $15 race fee $25

300exTJjeeper
06-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Got a website for this place.
Also how far is this from Fredericksburg???

SOunds like a sweet track

KFXRacing23024
06-29-2003, 02:41 AM
Sorry there is no website at this time. It is a really cool track. I would guess about 70 miles from Fredericksburg....Take I-95 to the Doswell exit go past KD and continue on RT 30 for 15 miles and then turn left on RT 360 and go another 12 miles it'll be on your right hand side.

chrchofdrt
07-14-2003, 03:28 PM
just thought i would bump this up for anyone that is looking.whats up kfx im all over the place huh.
for anyone who is interested i live in stafford and have found a few local spots one near leesburg,45 acres next to my house, a couple of secret spots and tow trails that i rode this weekend and a track that is in the woods that i rode this weekend.well if you want any info or you want to go riding let me know.

landon
churchofdirtrider
badazzpitbull@yahoo.com

KFXRacing23024
07-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah I am too!! You can really learn a lot from these message boards I know I don't have a 400ex but it's still fun!! to talk to everybody

Motocox
07-15-2003, 01:19 AM
I live in Manassas, but work in Fredericksburg. I'm always looking for places to ride around here. Whats a Tow Trail? And where is this track your talking about?
I've got a couple secret spots in this area, including the 140 acres we own.

pulldog
07-15-2003, 01:23 AM
thanks for the info I'm new to the area and have been looking for a place to ride. I have heard they just opened a park in glouschester or how ever you spell it. but I'm not sure.

chrchofdrt
07-15-2003, 05:34 AM
(two trails) we rode them all day on sunday they are pretty much in quantico and the track is too.it is in the woods, off tidewater road. if that helps at all.they are located east of rt 1 and south of the base in quantico.kinda hard to find on your own and you need a place to park but i know someone who lives next to the track.also i heard of some guys riding on base on sundays and have not been hassled yet and i know those spots also.
i also have a spot off 610 (trails and gravel roads mostly)

on a side note check out my post in the freestyle section if your into it at all.

later
landon

2K400ex
07-16-2003, 03:53 PM
i live in stafford and the trails you were talking about are they near smith lake resevoir??? i might know you who knows i know i can get to quantico from my house my the house is right near the commuter lot on 610 but the mc donalds and BP let me know about riding?

batgeek
07-16-2003, 05:14 PM
wow! they finally re-opened the track in Glouchester!!

i bet that old man is charging big bucks to ride there...they closed it down due to someone suing him.

pulldog
07-16-2003, 11:58 PM
I heard some kid got hurt messed him self up there. I gotta find out if it open its only like 20 min from my house

KFXRacing23024
07-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
wow! they finally re-opened the track in Glouchester!!

i bet that old man is charging big bucks to ride there...they closed it down due to someone suing him.

You guys aren't talking about Slades are you???

batgeek
07-17-2003, 01:27 PM
nah, Slade's has been closed for 2 years now. i tried riding there last fall and the dude that owns the place said he closed the riding area because he got sued. i was able to sneak past his house, but he was out in the back hunting and stopped me. he was pretty cool about it though, just asked me to not ride there anymore.

it's only 30min from my house.

they are still doing the drag races there.

the Glouchester track/riding area was closed last summer, he was planning on closing it in the fall for maintainance and to re-build the track, but then he got sued. closed it before the end of summer.

what i hear is that another old dude bought the land from him and decided to re-open the place.

Dupontster
07-17-2003, 02:39 PM
I was just down there at the drag strip for there first big car/truck show. I'll half to come down and race my 250x.
:devil:

batgeek
07-17-2003, 03:12 PM
i'm off this entire weekend...i drive out and see what i can find out.

maybe get a little ride in if possible :D

at least i dont have to deal with the Coleman bridge traffic on a weekend.

TRXMaddness
07-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Hey all,
Thanks for all the info. Another place to ride if you all want to get together one day is down in Currituck, NC just over the board of North Carolina. The MX track is back open there too. The cost is 20 dollars a day and it's not a bad track to ride on either. PM me if you need directions to the place

KFXRacing23024
07-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by TRXMaddness
Hey all,
Thanks for all the info. Another place to ride if you all want to get together one day is down in Currituck, NC just over the board of North Carolina. The MX track is back open there too. The cost is 20 dollars a day and it's not a bad track to ride on either. PM me if you need directions to the place

They are really open!! That's awesome I used to take my Mojave down there all the time last year. That's also a great place to ride.

chrchofdrt
07-22-2003, 11:13 AM
whos going to be at VSP for the August 30th race?
i should be there for sure just wondering who i should look for.

KFXRacing23024
07-22-2003, 12:35 PM
I'll be there I just started taking the motor out this evening.......hint..........hint.........hint..... ....LOL just gotta get new wheels and tires now!

chrchofdrt
07-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Off the subject but i heard the spot off rt 17 is still ok to ride. so ill deffinateky be going there to ride.

anywhereEx
07-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Which spot? The one by Geico is still being ridden but most of the other places are being constantly watched by the cops because someone trashed one of the area's real bad and it has been down hill from there :(

pulldog
07-24-2003, 02:46 AM
where at near 17? If anybody goes rideing let me know.

chrchofdrt
07-24-2003, 06:01 AM
yeah i was talking about the spot near geico. last time i drove by the chain was across the yard so i figured it was still closed but i guess not.the spot is off 17 up here by fredericksburg so its a good drive from newport news.

TRXMaddness
07-24-2003, 06:09 AM
chrchofdrt... why don't you go to Currituck Motorcross. It's a great place to ride on the weekends. I might be there on saturday.

chrchofdrt
07-24-2003, 09:16 AM
where is it? get me the info and ill see if ill be able to go. im short on cash till payday so all i have is gas money for my beast of a truck. but i am going riding this weekend. i have never heard of that track so im deffinately interested.

landon

1984200X
07-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Where exactly is the track in Glouchester? I Joined a riding club that has 300 acres out in Isle of white (sp?). It's a little too far to just jump in the truck and go ride. I have been riding on a friends private piece of land in Glouchester but it is small and very wet. I am looking for anything in the area, I want an area where I can get out of second gear and has some jumps or hills. Anyone?

Thanks,
:ermm:

batgeek
07-28-2003, 10:18 PM
the track is called Air Time. i wasn't able to get out there, but i was told that they dont let quads run there.

i live in Suffolk and am very close to Isle of Wight, what is the name of this club, can ya send me contact info?

TRXMaddness
07-29-2003, 01:58 AM
chrchofdrt... Here is a little info on Currituck Motorsports. The cost is $20.00 a day for all day. They have a small trail section there along with 3 tracks. They have a beginners, intermdiate, and a expert track. The beginners has some table tops on it with a single double which is very easy. The intermdiate has several table tops on it with a good size double, but also can be tripled. I have only seen bikes triple it. The expert or supercross track I haven't even riding. Has a 50 foot double on it with a 70 foot table top. Several triples too. The owner is a real nice guy, he rides pretty much all the time he is there. A buddy of mine and myself are heading down there saturday. The directions are very easy. If you know how to get down to Nags Head then you already know the way. The track isn't all that easy to find though. If you don't know how to get to Nags head PM me I will give ya directions. Hopefully, we can catch up and ride some. Let me know

Russ

2K400ex
07-29-2003, 11:20 AM
i heard the track/table top part was closed too . i heard a guy got killed up there.. and i also heard the place just up the way from the track was closed also. but thats all hear say.. i havent road there in a while who knows ??

chrchofdrt
07-30-2003, 01:36 AM
2k400ex
were you talking about rt17?
i guess it is closed but gene is letting some of his friends ride it still.its ok i found a few other local spot to ride.
widewater trails and a track, some trails off of 610, and trails down near lake anna.i have permission to park at a buddies house off of widewater road and ride whenever so thats cool.i live off of 610 nd it only takes me 15 minutes to get to his house.

1984200X
07-30-2003, 02:59 AM
batgeek
The name of the club is ORC (Outdoor Riding Club). It is owned by a couple of brothers that have their own Polaris dealership in Hampton. I would recommend you go ride the property a few times before you join. It has large trails that are suited for a 4X4 with a ton of smaller trails through the woods. The wooded trails are fairly new but should mature very soon. Some of the property is on low land and very wet so if you like mudding you will love it. There is a creek that runs along the edge of the land. I think you can get a days riding pass for $10. If you want to ride it let me know. Most of the people out there ride quads.

ALL OUTDOORS
3300 W MERCURY BLVD
HAMPTON, VA 23666
(757) 825-0067

2K400ex
07-30-2003, 02:58 PM
we need to hook up and go riding sometime.. pm me i live right near you