PDA

View Full Version : slightly stumped...need opinions

Texan32
06-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Here's the deal. Unlike several of the "kids" on here who's daddy's wallet runs deep, i have to bust my ares and save up to buy stuff for my kid. I am about to come across +/- 400 bucks soon (gotta love retroactive pay). So, i need help deciding what to buy. I really would like to get some +1 houser's or herrman's. But, i am also curently running on stock meats. The overall goal is to get +2 up front (+1 arms and 3/2 wheels)

So, what should i do first.
-save a little longer and get the arms
-or get a set of front meats on 3/2 wheels (looking at the new ITP Baja) and rear tires (already have a spare set of stock rims) too (20 in fronts and 18 in rears)

I'm leaning more towards the tires and wheels. That way, i get the MX tires (more bite and better control) and an added +/-2 inches from the wheels)

Who's got advice?

toby400ex
06-28-2003, 12:58 PM
i say go for the a-arms, the ofset wheels will add to bump steer, and a-arms are just plain kool

QuadTrix6
06-28-2003, 01:15 PM
i run that offset and so do many other guys on the site theres not much bump steer and thats the closest your gonna get to the stock offset. its a popular mx offset

my advice is to get full tires and rims and go with 3/2 offset up front, the smaller tires will drop the bikes height a bit and will give better handling, i wouldn't worry about the a arms till later

what is your suspension valved for ? :confused:

Texan32
06-28-2003, 01:55 PM
toby...i'm not really worried about the "cool factor" but thanks for the thoughts:p

trix...right now, my elka's are set for XC. After the tires/ wheels, i planed on sending the pogo's back to elka to have them redone.

Ex'r Marlin
06-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I too would wait and save to get what you want... +1" A-arms. The stock "meats" happen to be an excellent tire, unless you are known to get flats.:rolleyes:

If you "need" new tires, definetly get them now, otherwise I recommend waiting for the A-arm setup and having your shocks set up for them!:)

Good luck deciding!

Texan32
06-28-2003, 04:56 PM
well, i want them both:macho and one day will have them both:devil:

but for now......

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-29-2003, 04:22 AM
That is a tough one.. if you get the arms then the shocks will need to be revalved (possibly) sometime you can get along without it.. then again you are looking at doing mx instead of the xc so the shocks need revalved any way. I think this is what I would do get the rims and tires and then when you are ready to get the shocks revalved get them for mx with +2 arms and then when you have the money for arms you don't have to send the shocks off again. JMO.

bmw500hp
06-29-2003, 05:23 PM
trix has got it right...call silverfox and tell to ship you tires man! crank up the compression and head for the track.