PDA

View Full Version : alright well try this and see if ours is more accurate. the suspension poll

quader400
06-28-2003, 10:02 AM
which shock do you think is best out of these choices. works, tcs, pep, elka, axis, or other.

310Rduner
06-28-2003, 12:22 PM
axis, you dont even have to own them to realise the are the best.. the quality is UNBEATABLE.. ive seen and ridden on them, and fallen in love immediately...

they also are made by the same company who makes virtually every nascar and racing shock . Penske.. i think that says something too.:chinese:

06-28-2003, 12:44 PM
This thread is called what suspension is best, NOT what suspension you have ;) We all know where this thread is goin anyway :ermm:

Black400
06-28-2003, 02:15 PM
i would have to say peps:eek2: and no i dont have them i dont even have half the money to buy them:( :mad:

crap-banshee32
06-28-2003, 02:33 PM
id have to say axis. even though my person favorite is PEP!!

dbsbl1
06-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Where would you get a set of these axis shocks?

310Rduner
06-28-2003, 03:33 PM
straight from Axis.. C&D.. Houser.. lots of places.. Kand K atv.... tons of places sell them.. search through the links section here

crap-banshee32
06-28-2003, 03:45 PM
hmm how is elka beating axis? hmm weird!! everyone knows axis is the top of the line!!:grr:

Dave400ex
06-28-2003, 04:50 PM
May be Gust and the other Pro's know more then we do. Haven't heard them say anything bad or have any problems with their Elka's. Elka must be doing something right because now Roll and Duncan both use them. I'm not saying they are the best, but guys need to realize they have gotten a lot better. No flame intended.
Also I was checking out Houser's site earlier and noticed they had Triple Rate Compression Adjust LT Axis for $1,175 and wondered if that was a good price?

310Rduner
06-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Also I was checking out Houser's site earlier and noticed they had Triple Rate Compression Adjust LT Axis for $1,175 and wondered if that was a good price?

im pretty sure thats a good price.. you also get 75 off if you purchase their 1000 dollar a-arms..:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
06-28-2003, 05:09 PM
I was just wondering I never really priced out Axis LT before. Heck I think the Elka's are now about the same price. Seems like PEP or TCS would be the way to go for LT because they don't higher their prices as much...

06-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I was just wondering I never really priced out Axis LT before. Heck I think the Elka's are now about the same price. Seems like PEP or TCS would be the way to go for LT because they don't higher their prices as much...

It depends where you buy them and how you negotiate the price etc.

I remember hearing something about elka's dealer price on the std and lt being very close and only the suggested retail has a large jump for the LT, so do your homework :)

BTW this thread is DOOMED

06-28-2003, 08:29 PM
whoever voted for works being the best shocks isnt too smart imo.....elkas are prob. the best for the wait & the $$$

redroost85
06-29-2003, 12:05 PM
I went with the Axis. Yes, they are expensive as schiz, but I saw some pro riders doing some crazy moves and it was like they were floating on air! The Axis is worth it if you can afford it I think, JMO.;)

crap-banshee32
06-29-2003, 12:38 PM
yup!:)

Chanman420q
06-29-2003, 01:27 PM
just a side question does axis make a ZPS system type thing?

OutlawEX
06-29-2003, 01:46 PM
:scary:

300EX_HMF
06-29-2003, 02:45 PM
why does everyone dogg ELKA shocks?? my buddies ahve gottne the on there quads and i htink there the best ever! ive talked to larry ans says he likes elka over all of them! i mean they have 18 different adjustments

Ex_Rider43
06-29-2003, 03:32 PM
for all those who are voting for a brand of shocks without testing them.. (I mean, test them.. not just riding around the house...) you have no idea of how a shock perform against another so please do not vote.. I still have stock shocks but not for a long time, im ordering the fronts in 3 or 4 weeks.

Im will not vote on this poll.. simply because I have no idea on how aftermarket shocks ride... I never ride a bike with a good pair of shocks. I need shocks because my stockers are on their last leg:p

I will go with a new brand... they are called Stadium. they are made in quebec just like elka and they are built really great. I have a friend here, he's racing in the pro class in the cmrc and he have them on his lobo2 front end..... he says he very happy with it. plus they have a great service.. an idiot destroyed his shafts at the race with a hammer and a punch ( really smart ) so he send them to Stadium monday.. and got them wednesday.

I like to try things so I decided to go with stadium. I wanted to go with elka but they raised their prices so..

just my 2 ¢

Big - D Racing
06-29-2003, 04:48 PM
MotoWoz beats them all by far, including Axis.

quader400
06-29-2003, 05:33 PM
have you even ridden motowoz. have you ridden axis to compare them. have you ridden any of the others. im guessing no. just because the price is hight does not mean that they are the nicest shocks. i rode my elkas and then peps on a track and to be honest i liked my elkas better maybee it was the valving but i dont know just because of the price tag doesnt mean that its the nicest shock.

Big - D Racing
06-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Actually I have MotoWoz is located 5 minutes from my house and I have been done there many times and have practiced with them to help fine tune their suspension. I have also rode on Works, Tcs, and Axis. NIce try tough guy.:blah:

06-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
Actually I have MotoWoz is located 5 minutes from my house and I have been done there many times and have practiced with them to help fine tune their suspension. I have also rode on Works, Tcs, and Axis. NIce try tough guy.:blah:

Lets see some action shots...:cool:

06-30-2003, 05:45 AM
yah...i wanna c some action shots too

07-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
yah...i wanna c some action shots too

I just want to hear (accurately with understandable details) why he feels one is better than the other.

In a past thread by Alaska I had asked him to tell us in detail why he was happier with the new shocks he had put on his C-dale than the old ones or even the orig ones, but other than saying the new ones were stiffer etc I had never received a useable reply. I had just assumed that he didnt actually know, and no flame or insult to anyone but I think that this can be part of the problem, we just dont really know.

I have been really beating this to death lately but I wonder how many of us seriously know or are able to tell how well a suspension is set up or what needs to be done to make it right etc.

This is something that I had thought I had some basic knowledge of since I had set up some dirt bikes in the past (things like sag and rebound but no re-springing or valving) but I have found its not as easy or the same for quads. Sure you still need to set up the same basic things (sag or height, comp and rebound etc) but theres just more to the quads and they seem to need to be looked at differently (and are also more prone to being outside of what was needed orig) . What worries me is the amount of riders without any idea of what any of this is all about and have not even turned an adjuster because they are afraid it will screw things up so they just leave it where it was set.

this all isnt bad or in any way the riders fault (beyond getting the info and applying it) but its just a reallity, but its something that will effect not only the way your machine handles and rides etc but even your ability to accurately answer these "whats best" questions. Since I have not been able to test all the mfg's out there I cant be the one to offer the answer but I do know I would rather ride a lesser quality shock that was set up correctly than a higher quality one that was not. In other words its the ride that matters not the name tag.

SO hopefully oneday soon someone with the proper knowledge will be coming forward and educate everyone as to the proper set up and fine tuning on these things so everyone will have a well needed lesson on quad suspension.

:D

lil400exman
07-03-2003, 01:02 AM
i had some axis (long travels) and i liked motowoz more axis came up realy soft 1/2 way then near the last inches of travel it was rock hard whereas motowaz kept me jmming through with a progressively getting harder setup so i vote motowoz and when i get with t-pin i know what will be on my quad:o

07-03-2003, 01:51 AM
:eek2:

lil400exman
07-03-2003, 02:14 AM
:mad: :devil:

quader400
07-03-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
I just want to hear (accurately with understandable details) why he feels one is better than the other.

In a past thread by Alaska I had asked him to tell us in detail why he was happier with the new shocks he had put on his C-dale than the old ones or even the orig ones, but other than saying the new ones were stiffer etc I had never received a useable reply. I had just assumed that he didnt actually know, and no flame or insult to anyone but I think that this can be part of the problem, we just dont really know.

I have been really beating this to death lately but I wonder how many of us seriously know or are able to tell how well a suspension is set up or what needs to be done to make it right etc.

This is something that I had thought I had some basic knowledge of since I had set up some dirt bikes in the past (things like sag and rebound but no re-springing or valving) but I have found its not as easy or the same for quads. Sure you still need to set up the same basic things (sag or height, comp and rebound etc) but theres just more to the quads and they seem to need to be looked at differently (and are also more prone to being outside of what was needed orig) . What worries me is the amount of riders without any idea of what any of this is all about and have not even turned an adjuster because they are afraid it will screw things up so they just leave it where it was set.

this all isnt bad or in any way the riders fault (beyond getting the info and applying it) but its just a reallity, but its something that will effect not only the way your machine handles and rides etc but even your ability to accurately answer these "whats best" questions. Since I have not been able to test all the mfg's out there I cant be the one to offer the answer but I do know I would rather ride a lesser quality shock that was set up correctly than a higher quality one that was not. In other words its the ride that matters not the name tag.

SO hopefully oneday soon someone with the proper knowledge will be coming forward and educate everyone as to the proper set up and fine tuning on these things so everyone will have a well needed lesson on quad suspension.

:D

i agree with this. every one just votes for what more expensive or for a specific name. i think you could get a better shock for less. its like axles i hope im right on this but durablues are more expensive then lsr but the lsr axle is better. so untill you can fine tune your shocks perfectly then its a hard topic to discuss.

blasterkid
07-03-2003, 11:39 AM
people bash elka so much its like crazy and most people dont even ride them

i also believe in that thing about its how it feels to you and not really what the name is if a shock is set up for you it will ride good

07-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Rico
:eek2:

Hey sheriff thats one nice helmet you got there :D

But the one question remains................... How is this ever to be settled LMFAO.

07-05-2003, 05:48 PM
i hear elka is pretty good but i hear so many good things about axis and pep, alot of local top riders run axis and pep i think between the top elka, pep and axis shocks its just personal preference and riding style, i myself would love to get my paws on some aixs:eek:

Glow Plug
07-06-2003, 06:23 AM
ok imo I think axis is the best and then pep and a tie between elka and tcs :D

mxrdr
07-06-2003, 07:53 AM
persanly im not a fan of axis they are to overrated , i have never rode them but people over rate them so much. personly i like pep or works:D

quader400
07-06-2003, 07:56 AM
alright pat. pep and works for the top of the line shocks. ok i see how you say pep for a top of the line shock but not works.

mxrdr
07-06-2003, 07:59 AM
FREAK OUT JAKE , i just said that becose im getting works chill out. wold you like to hear pep or elkas

Dave400ex
07-09-2003, 04:27 AM
I would love to get a set of Axis too. The Elka's are nice, but I want to try Axis or maybe even Derisi next time.