PDA

View Full Version : Someone has brand new buy-it-now PEPS on ebay..

310Rduner
06-27-2003, 04:06 PM
thought some of you might appreciate this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2420991846&category=43974

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-27-2003, 04:58 PM
If only they were ZPS :(

bmw500hp
06-27-2003, 05:06 PM
dude, is motomahimahi deaf or what? Huge caps!

310Rduner
06-27-2003, 07:18 PM
yeah.. i didnt look at em long enough to notice they are only limited mass .. but still someone might want em:confused2

mxdave28
06-29-2003, 05:57 AM
i have bought stuff off motomahimahi before...there good people and yea all his ads are very LOUD! :devil:

TORO1968
06-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Ok, now I really don't know what to buy...

I talked with C&D Racing today and decided that I should probably go with a set of non-zero preload, triple rate TCS front shocks with rezzies for $712, but now that I see I can get a set of limited mass PEPs for $699, I don't really know what to do. The Ebay ad says they're valved for a 240-265 lb rider, but I weigh about 270 or so, do you guys think they'd be okay?

I'm looking for the plushest shocks possible, and I don't usually hit huge jumps. I just want to be able to cut across a dune and not get beat up from all of the ruts in the sand. So I guess I'd rather have them on the soft side.

Is $699 a good price for limited mass PEPs? Are these only compression adjustable, or rebound adjustable as well?

-Jordan

bmw500hp
06-30-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
Ok, now I really don't know what to buy...

I talked with C&D Racing today and decided that I should probably go with a set of non-zero preload, triple rate TCS front shocks with rezzies for $712, but now that I see I can get a set of limited mass PEPs for $699, I don't really know what to do. The Ebay ad says they're valved for a 240-265 lb rider, but I weigh about 270 or so, do you guys think they'd be okay?

I'm looking for the plushest shocks possible, and I don't usually hit huge jumps. I just want to be able to cut across a dune and not get beat up from all of the ruts in the sand. So I guess I'd rather have them on the soft side.

Is $699 a good price for limited mass PEPs? Are these only compression adjustable, or rebound adjustable as well?

-Jordan

Jordan, If you are talking about those shocks "motomahahi" has for 699.00 do a little homework first! I think you might find them to be "standard race" shocks that only retail for $595.00. They certainly do not look like my limited mass. However, they do look exaclty like my "standard race" which I had before buying he Limited Mass. If this is true, he is holding out for 100.00 over retail price. :eek:

INFANTRY RACING
06-30-2003, 06:10 PM
thoe are race series. Not worth he money. If you want the plushest ride get axis. PEP zps will beat you if your not riding fast or hiting alot of bumps.

bmw500hp
07-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
thoe are race series. Not worth he money.

Thanks Infantry, So, correct me if I am wrong, the internet re-seller is more or less "scalping" the pep's... Ordering them, in the middle of season, then offering them for $100.00 over retail price in addition to his profit margins.. :mad:

If anyone is interested in this deal, make sure this joker sends you proof that your getting true Limited Mass Shocks..Race shocks nice but not for that much $$$$$.

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-01-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
Thanks Infantry, So, correct me if I am wrong, the internet re-seller is more or less "scalping" the pep's... Ordering them, in the middle of season, then offering them for $100.00 over retail price in addition to his profit margins.. :mad:

If anyone is interested in this deal, make sure this joker sends you proof that your getting true Limited Mass Shocks..Race shocks nice but not for that much $$$$$.

Ya, I was thinking about that...PEP doesnt charge extra if you want LT, and if those are Race Series...they retail for $595....what a rip.

TORO1968
07-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys for pointing this out to me! :eek2: I was wondering why I didn't see and comp. adj. knobs on the rezzies...

So do you guys think that a pair of the triple rate sport series TCS shocks w/rezzies would work well for me? C&D quoted me $712 for a set. Is this a good price?

I ride XC, gravel pits, and sometimes the dunes at Silver Lake. I'm sick of getting beat up from all of the ruts when I cut across a dune. My brother's stock Raptor feels like a Cadillac compared to my stock setup. :ermm: Basically, I'm looking for a nice plush ride, and I don't hit huge jumps, so I'm not too worried about bottoming them.

Thanks,

Jordan

TORO1968
07-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Anyone???:confused:

bertfull
07-02-2003, 06:59 PM
The PEP's have been sold. I bought them today. They look like standard LT PEP race series, but they have the 5/8" shaft. I've never used these before, but I'm going to run them on a set of Lonestar DC4 A-arms on my 330R. I currently have Axis Dual adjust, Dual rate w/ Burgard +2 +1 moly A-arms (standard lenth shocks). I've never run long travels before, but I'll let you guys know if they feel better than my current set-up. I wasn't about to pay $2300 for a long travel Axis set-up w/o knowing what I was in for. If this PEP set-up rides nice, I'll have the Axis on ebay withing days. $900+

Bert 99:cool: