PDA

View Full Version : yzf at local track

bkbatv
06-27-2003, 03:52 PM
harold goodman showed up with a new yzf 450 just picked it up from the dealer on the way to milan . wired up a kill switch and was on the track in no time. he has some inside sources and said that honda will releasing there quad in late august early sept . can you only think what honda can do when they set down and put there heads together they will more than likely build the badest quad we have ever seen .

LEE314EX
06-27-2003, 05:51 PM
how did it run!!:macho

Scott-300ex
06-27-2003, 06:12 PM
wow, taking a brand spankin new machine and tearin it up racing?:huh

not me, if i spend 8 grand on a bike i would treat it like 8 grand

Scott-300ex
06-27-2003, 06:13 PM
i wonder if he even got it insured?

if not, he is CRAZY!!.........................................or rich and cocky

Narly R
06-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Well if I got a new bike like that thats the FIRST place Id tack it to bust out and test it on the track! I mean its kinda "race ready" I dont think a few laps would hurt it!:ermm: And I would give that thing all she has!!!:devil:

bkbatv
06-28-2003, 12:15 AM
he only rode it for the pratices and then he got out his walsh /sparks quad and raced it and won both moto,s . as for racing a new quad what else would you do with it . i build two full blown race quads a year 10,000 each at least and beat them to death for the season then sell complete or part them out and start all over again for the next season. quads are made to be raced not just trail rode . here is this years quads i built and they will be for after the in of august the z-440 has raced one since it was built

bkbatv
06-28-2003, 12:16 AM
heresm the lsr/sparks that will be for sale

OutlawEX
06-28-2003, 03:14 AM
I sent ya a Email. Im from Toledo as well

bluebaron
06-28-2003, 03:17 AM
if i got a 8 grande bike, it wont touch mud for a week

400MXer
06-28-2003, 06:04 AM
bkbatv, just a question, does batson usually take people out of races on purpose. like T-boning a quad in a corner. :rolleyes:

Nausty
06-28-2003, 06:22 AM
yeah I got a friend who just got his a couple days ago. I can't wait to ride with him. I'm pretty sure he'll let me ride it too.

bkbatv
06-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 400MXer
bkbatv, just a question, does batson usually take people out of races on purpose. like T-boning a quad in a corner. :rolleyes: i have told him over and over get the holeshot but as normall he's mid pack racing like hell . and well if they cut right in front of you what do you expect . normally people that are slower move to the side and will let the more advanced rider go by. but you get people that think they are a pro and want to hold you up and act as if milan was a freakin national race or something . will be back next week to try it again maybe even bring the z-440 .

Scott-300ex
06-28-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah, i would race it but not 1 hour after i bought it

i would brake it in and get a definit feel for the machine, how it acts, what rpms it likes, how it jumps, and how the suspension is ect. ect. ect.

but i didn't buy it so whatever

OutlawEX
06-28-2003, 06:15 PM
will milan be running as its the 4th of july:confused:

MOFO
06-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
if i got a 8 grande bike, it wont touch mud for a week

:confused: then whats the point of riding it???

bkbatv
06-29-2003, 07:02 AM
we build 13,000 dollar race quads and beat the hell out of them thats what they are made for...... not to be just looked at

Chef
06-29-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
yeah, i would race it but not 1 hour after i bought it

i would brake it in and get a definit feel for the machine, how it acts, what rpms it likes, how it jumps, and how the suspension is ect. ect. ect.

but i didn't buy it so whatever

Thats cause your not a pro. At a certain point, you get good enough on the quads to just jump from bike to bike and rip like they are the same. Thats how it works for me atleast?:confused: :macho :p

kicker696
06-29-2003, 09:16 AM
i'm with chef on this one, i'm no pro, but i can jump from bike to bike and still ride decently fast

Scott-300ex
06-30-2003, 06:03 AM
well, i have ridden a few different quads and can ride good on all of them, but better on mine since i am so used to it

i have never raced motocross but i still think and hear from people it takes time to get used to different bikes. Haven't you ever heard pro's say this?..........oh thats right you are one you say........j/k(no flame intended)

just think, if you were used to racing your quad and someone comes up and gives you a completely different one, you may not know what gear to hit the jumps because of the different rpms, different gears, maybe a 5 instead of 6 speed and stuff like that just takes time to get used to, maybe it is more topheavy, maye it is heavier or lighter and jumping is totaly different, and where it pulls from such as high or low rpms, should you ride it like 2 stroke or what, do the tires grip better, is it stable in corners, is it noseheavy on the jumps?............all things get thrown at you at once that you have to relize
now just for riding i could get used to it quick, but for motocross to me it is a different story, although i have never raced it

and to bkbatv, i understand spending $13,000 and racing it because that is the purpose, i would just break it in and ride it and get INSURANCE on it first

kicker696
06-30-2003, 07:23 PM
i know with my insurance company, with a normal policy, racing voids the contract, unless u wanna pay about 400 a month

Scott-300ex
07-01-2003, 05:37 AM
that
sucks:(

TC17
07-01-2003, 06:11 AM
for the more advanced riders, they can get used to different quads faster. it took me about a week to get used to riding and switching from my 300 to the 400. i can do it real easy now.

Scott-300ex
07-01-2003, 06:13 AM
im not saying hitting jumps in 5th gear cause thats pretty crazy

im saying the gears will be longer or shorter switching to a 5 or 6, and you won't be used to the same rpms as you need so you may have to run low 3rd in a jump instead of high 2nd or someting like that