PDA

View Full Version : TRX250ex port and polish

SBC101
06-27-2003, 12:10 PM
I here everybody want to get the TRX250ex a powroll bore kit but know one ask if they gotten there motor ported and polished I was just asking has anybody that has one TRX250ex bikes have gotten there TRX250ex ported just wanting to know.

White_Knuckles
06-27-2003, 02:41 PM
250EX mods including pipe, intake, jetting, tires and shocks can make for a "feelable" better bike. So ya put $200- $700 into it.

Add the poweroll kit hmmm, okay now I'm at 13.2 bhp. With 22" tires I've gained 4.2 mph on the top-end. Hold your breath 'cause a port & polish a new trick carb will yield another amazing two honest ponies for a grand total of 15.3 h.p. at a stunning 57.4 mph for only a $1300 investment.

The numbers above are made up but reflect bang for the buck. The push rod engine can only handle a limited peak RPM the design is for reliability and an early rev limiter will remind you.

It's impractical to pump them up for small "feelable" payoffs (other than bragging rights). Get some racing stickers they're much cheaper.

I suggest you guys put your hard earned money into shocks, wider wheels and better tires. The 250EX is a great bike if you invest wisely on things that work for you. ;)

pineway
06-27-2003, 03:15 PM
I was at East Coast Atv the other day and was talking to one of the guys there about my 300. He said that a port and polish doesnt help much on a 4 stroke. He said id probably be better off getting a big bore kit or high comp piston instead of worrying about a port and polish. Hope that helps you out some.

SBC101
06-27-2003, 03:41 PM
I was just asking I own a 250ex but i am not going to put to much into I was asking if anybody ported there 250ex I usually drive my dads banshee or my blaster with the vitos head mod or my brothers 350x/300 conversion quad or the LT250r well that doesn't matter. Just asking if anybody has done this to there 250ex