PDA

View Full Version : speedy recovery to Exrider "SEVEN"

QuadJunkies
06-27-2003, 04:46 AM
I just thought I would let all you riders know of a friend of mine who was injured last on a practice for this up coming race on Sat...He overshot a DBL. and nosed it a bit, his wrist took the impact and he shattered BOTH of them:eek: :( ... I got a call this morning from Exrider "Yamahafreak" that he is hanging it up and selling out.:(.... I just wanted to give a shout to all and wish him a get well and speedy recovery, since he cant tpye, and do a whole lotta other things, Im going to print this thread up and hand deliver it myself.....

06-27-2003, 04:51 AM
dang. all i hear about is racers gettin out of it because of broken stuff.. i can see why.. I hope he heals up all fine and maybe rethinks about it and at least rides still. Hope he gets better soon:cool:

zephead400ex
06-27-2003, 04:53 AM
Hey bud, get well soon! I wish you a speedy and complete recovery!

Put on some Zep and you will be fine!:D

peace

06-27-2003, 04:55 AM
give it time dont do anything hasty until your all healed then make the decision about getting out of the sport, good luck with the recovery, dont give it up!

QuadJunkies
06-27-2003, 04:57 AM
I would like to add SEVEN, if you need ANYTHING, please have your wife call us and we will do anything to help you out, I think most of the other local racers will feel mutual......

Tommy 17
06-27-2003, 05:03 AM
good luck man...

when i broke my legs and my arms b4 i always said i'm givin it up... but as soon as i was better i wanted to get right back on them and ride even harder... just take it easy;)

QuadTrix6
06-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Feel better , get well soon...

QuadJunkies
06-27-2003, 05:09 AM
I think he realy means it when he he says hes haingin it up:( . Hes has a bit at stake, he has a family to support and now hes got alot of down time and expense from this injury. He is still trying to recvoer from a knee injury as well,(I dont think that one was quad related) I just cant imagine not having any use of both hands how hard that will be....:confused2

CHAUNCY
06-27-2003, 05:11 AM
Sorry to hear......I hope you have a speedy recovery!

250x#93
06-27-2003, 05:17 AM
Hey man, get well very soon:devil: ;) Whatever u do don't give ridin up:D U should never leave somethin ya love;)

03GNCC270
06-27-2003, 05:21 AM
GET WELL SOON. DOEN'T GIVE UP ON WHAT YOU ENJOY.

hessianmx111
06-27-2003, 05:32 AM
if you feel its best to quit ridin then it probably is, just get better soon and at least reconsider gettin back on that bad arse R:)

QuadJunkies
06-27-2003, 05:36 AM
A freind of his is stepping up to the plate and buying his R then parting it out( or rumor has it from a source);) ..This should help him out finacially for a bit too..

z400rider23
06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Dang! If I can be of help in any way please let me know. Any friend of QJ is a friend of your EXriders.com family.

Chef
06-27-2003, 06:01 AM
Get better quick man! If you ever wanna ride a PSI 425 after you're all healed up, QJ knows how to get ahold of me.:(

Black400
06-27-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
give it time dont do anything hasty until your all healed then make the decision about getting out of the sport, good luck with the recovery, dont give it up!

Couldnt have said it better myself. Get well soon man:(

4TraxRider
06-27-2003, 06:47 AM
Get better soon bro.:(

Narly R
06-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Sorry to hear!! Man try to stary in the sport if ya can but get well and hope to see you in the forums!!:)

soul
06-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Best wishes and prayers to him, his family, and friends. Good luck bro

toby400ex
06-27-2003, 07:52 AM
get well soon, ill be doing it at the same time, only with 1 wrist broken:)

exhotdog
06-27-2003, 08:03 AM
If he has his quads covered on his insurance, there should be about $5000 med pay coverage to help take care of some of those bills. His homeowner's might pick up the rest, there is a medical coverage on there too that usually runs about $5000. Good luck to him.:)

Flip)(stick
06-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Yea get well soon man, hey if he decides to sell his bike, we can all chip in and buy him a vintage pee wee 50 he can toodle around on:macho

Mx300exRyder
06-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a good recovery, and think about if you want to give up the sport for a while before you make a decision you will regret. If you give up racing dont give up rideing all together. My prayers are with you and your family.

400EXrider#91
06-27-2003, 09:16 AM
don't give it up. i say it all the time but i just can't seem to beacuse i love it. anyway get well soon

cudaman
06-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mx300exRyder
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a good recovery, and think about if you want to give up the sport for a while before you make a decision you will regret. If you give up racing dont give up rideing all together. My prayers are with you and your family.

what he said. dont give the fun part of it. if you feel you need to stop racing then stop racing. but dont just not ride at all.

Rip_Tear
06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Wow Seven, that sucks hard! I don't think you should give it up, just settle down and don't hit the big stuff! Hope you get better soon and are not having to many problems!

JOEX
06-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Wow, that's harsh:( I can't imagine what it would be like without the use of hands. I hope for a speedy recovery and things go well for you.

Joe

tants
06-27-2003, 05:12 PM
get better man! :o

Plante400
06-27-2003, 05:16 PM
There are riders that have gone down and riders that are Goin down, just rest it out, but it nto worth getting out of the greatest sport of all time:scary:

06-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by exhotdog
If he has his quads covered on his insurance, there should be about $5000 med pay coverage to help take care of some of those bills. His homeowner's might pick up the rest, there is a medical coverage on there too that usually runs about $5000. Good luck to him.:)

Good point that many people forget about. The only other prob is forcing those greedy sob's to pay.

Hope your friend gets healed up quick but now knowing about the whole family thing I bet he isnt 17 anymore and it may take a little longer than some of our members.

It really stinks getting old for sure not only do you heal slower but your mommy isnt around to pay your bills and spoon feed you while you recover :)

Sad to hear he is getting out of the sport and maybe isnt even considering theres a big difference between riding and serious racing. Maybe you should talk him into thinking that there is a big diff and how much fun this sport is from any perspective. I know we all need something to look forward to when were down.

Glow Plug
06-27-2003, 05:53 PM
:(

Hope you get better soon :) . But don't give up riding :(

Woodsrider
06-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Best of wishes for a speedy recovery. I remember when my brothers wife busted both her colar bones and her right arm in a smowmobile crash with a tree. couldnt have happened at a wors time. My brother had to do Everything for her. Poor guy, he's the only guy I know who know how to....... never mind. Get better soon Seven. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

As for the rest of you riders out there who have to provide for your family, look into disability insurance. I get it at work. If I am injured off the job in any way, I still get a check.

QuadJunkies
06-27-2003, 08:51 PM
Im sure he is going to find this thread very touching,you all our such good people....;) I will DEF. ask him about the insureance stuff, as mentioned.its something easy to forget about.. All us locals are pitching in to do what ever is needed to make things go a little easier for Seven and his family if he will let us..Its times like these when your true frineds step up to the plate and be there for each other. We have offered to help with cooking, yardwork, one friend has offered to help financially if needed, tomorrow is the day of the fisrt MX race that they were all practicing up for .He will be in all ours thoughts tomorrw. Im with alot of you on this.......I hope he dont give up the sport totally, racing ......yes, maybe its agood thing for him to retire, but to totally give up on riding I cant even begin to imagine NOT riding ever again....:( I havent heard any new news as of yet, Im only guessing he had surgery on his hands and is still in the hospital(no one answered when Troy called tonight and left a message).Thanks you all for all the kind words.Im sure he will be touched by it.....

seven
06-28-2003, 04:31 PM
cant type much, but thanks for the support. i will be going in for surgery on both wrists on monday. broke them both in 3 spots

QuadJunkies
06-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by seven
cant type much, but thanks for the support. i will be going in for surgery on both wrists on monday. broke them both in 3 spots awe., glad you got to see this .. Ill give your wife a call in a few days and see how your doing.....:( ;)

Natertot426ex
06-30-2003, 04:22 AM
Hey Paul it was nice to meet you and I hope you get better soon without too many complications. Give us some uppdates every once in a while.

seven
07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
i got out of surgery on mon, 4 hours. tuesday xtreme pain. 4breaks in one with a metal plte an screws. 3 in the other pinned back together. full recovery in time

Rip_Tear
07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Wow that really does suck seven, did you get put under or what? You must be feeling a bit better to be typing (or is someone else doing it?). Hope you get better soon!

QuadJunkies
07-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by seven
i got out of surgery on mon, 4 hours. tuesday xtreme pain. 4breaks in one with a metal plte an screws. 3 in the other pinned back together. full recovery in time Troy and I were just talking about you today, was going \to give you a call,but had a long shift at work and Troy had wreck in his Semi yesterday:eek: .hes ok, but he got hit right at Karcher Mall in front of Edwards theatre he was not at fault thank god and he had no injusies but I guess he Literally ran over the top of the guy who pulled out in front of him:eek2: Im glad everything went ok. Ive had pins and it was no fun, so do they still feel you will have some loss in your hands?.Ill give you a buzz this wk end.;)

XANDADA
07-03-2003, 02:24 AM
Take it easy 7, best wishes for a fast & full recovery:)

exrider360
07-03-2003, 03:09 AM
its suck when you hhave broken bones i hope he has a spedy recovery and for him to come back soon

lil400exman
07-03-2003, 03:18 AM
seven buy a z400 or a low maintaince quad and just easy ride racing should be left to us younger punks............:devil:

seven
07-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Here is a pic of the operation left overs.

seven
07-15-2003, 04:32 PM
another

Glow Plug
07-15-2003, 04:34 PM
ouch its going to leave a nice scar