PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Works Shocks?

Dale512
06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
My friend wants to know how to adjust the Preload on his Works Triple-Rate Non-Reservoir Front Shocks. So how is it done?

400extracc
06-26-2003, 04:19 PM
i have the same question???????

crap-banshee32
06-26-2003, 04:29 PM
ok, ive been asked this plenty of time, and i know just that answer u are looking for.

first thing u have to do is him the BACK button in your internet explorer.
then click on FOR SALE forum, and make an add for a set of works shocks for sale for cheat!! say they are still good so they sell.
then eather browse the FOR SALE forum and look for a new set of shocks or eather contact a local shop about getting a new set of shocks, preferably axis, pep, tcs or elka!!

well i hope i answered your question!!

nick

Black400
06-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
ok, ive been asked this plenty of time, and i know just that answer u are looking for.

first thing u have to do is him the BACK button in your internet explorer.
then click on FOR SALE forum, and make an add for a set of works shocks for sale for cheat!! say they are still good so they sell.
then eather browse the FOR SALE forum and look for a new set of shocks or eather contact a local shop about getting a new set of shocks, preferably axis, pep, tcs or elka!!

well i hope i answered your question!!

nick

^^lol

Dale512 they have no adjustment dude

RIjon
06-26-2003, 05:12 PM
sure they do

Atleast my tripple rates do

I took two large hose clamps and compressed the main spring....then you just move the retaining clip down however many notches you want

Worked like a Charm

Juggalo
06-26-2003, 07:17 PM
yeah all works have preload adjustment. just do as that one kid said.

crap banshee, i have works. are you trying to say i suck? works is all i can afford so sorry if i offend you with my choice. i do bigger jumps than most of the guys that think they need better shocks and my works are holdin up just fine thanks.

4TraxRider
06-27-2003, 02:36 AM
I've got works shocks and haven't had a problem with them, and I have the points lead in District 34 Quad C, I suck too.

toby400ex
06-27-2003, 07:41 AM
i know my works will help me a he!! of alot:eek2:

exkid110
06-27-2003, 09:55 AM
hey can we get back to how u adjust them not how they work

Juggalo
06-27-2003, 03:20 PM
i thought we already answered that question too

lars
06-27-2003, 03:25 PM
heres a pic where the green lines are these are the clips move up or down to soften or harden where its circled push down on this part to get to the clip i warn u there stiff u may need a hand:D thats how i adjust mine