PDA

View Full Version : Can You Believe This?

DMH
06-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Some people :confused:

:ermm: http://www.illinoisactionproject.org/showalert.asp?aaid=308 :ermm:

400exrules
06-26-2003, 02:59 PM
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh 70db IS HARMFUL :huh :huh

WTF YA RIGHT, thats like a freakin washing machine

Flip)(stick
06-26-2003, 03:02 PM
man cop sirens and fire truck sirens are louder than atvs and dirt bikes and thats in the City thats even more harmful

JATV250
06-26-2003, 03:07 PM
those are the kind of people that need to get a life and quit worrying about the wrong things. People like them will cause a ban on atv's.

remlapr
06-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I think OHV hate is growing everywhere. :(

DMH
06-26-2003, 03:14 PM
One study found that small mammals became unusually aggressive and disoriented after exposure to a motorcycle race.

I've felt that way to after a race!

DMH
06-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Feel free to send them your comments. I live in Fl , but still felt the need to send them my opinion.:blah:

info@illinoisactionproject.org

webmaster@illinoisactionproject.org

heavy_d
06-26-2003, 03:28 PM
that article was funny as hell

DEAL
06-26-2003, 03:32 PM
WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!??????????
I CAN"T HEAR YOU!?????:rolleyes:

People are so simple now adays.
If the noise is that bad why don't we see Thor earplugs?

remlapr
06-26-2003, 03:33 PM
One study found that small mammals became unusually aggressive and disoriented after exposure to a motorcycle race
I saw a chipmunk on the trails last weekend that looked confused :(

LOL - :p

cheetah
06-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Oh man I just saw an ATV go by and it shot my cholestorol so high I had a heart attack.:rolleyes:

400exrules
06-26-2003, 03:46 PM
umm i doubt you can hear an average motorcycle 2 miles away :huh .....i know i cant..........they must be thinking about superman or dogs cuz they have good hearing

maybe they should outlaw radios and tv's, those hurt my ears sometimes :huh

2K400ex
06-26-2003, 03:57 PM
thats a bunch of Tree huggin Hippy Crap.. if people are worried about colestrol they need to stop the McDonalds everyday.. i live near a military base and i hear bombs and hilicopters all damn day.. they are so loud they shake the windows im my house.. wo do i call to protest that.. no one cause i really dont care.. and people wounder why we ride on streets and whatnot.. is because they take all of our places to ride.. ohwell i hope that guy has a hartatack from a fastfood burger

Fast250EX
06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
I am a kind sorta guy but... oh, what the hell....

B*STARDS!!!!!!

250x#93
06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Thats crazy ****:huh Talk about stupid people these days, too bad some bomb could just wipe out the whole stupid race:macho

cudaman
06-26-2003, 05:26 PM
i wrote them a letter......not nasty, just informative...Your little protest against off road vehicles is pointless. I don’t understand why you people can’t actually start worrying about things that have an effect on you. 70 decibels is not loud at all. You are stretching that. Why does it matter to you if people ride? It doesn’t hurt anything or anybody. If someone gets hurt on a quad that’s there own fault. It doesn’t change your life one bit. I wish all you people would stop, your ruining people’s fun and a lot of peoples whole lives by doing what you’re doing. Yet what they are doing doesn’t even bother you. Your organization needs to get a real cause like helping kids get interested in something instead of taking interest away. Riding off road vehicles is a whole lot better then kids going out and drinking and smoking. It keeps them busy enough so they don’t do those things and there spending money on the vehicles instead of on drugs. If you guys actually sat down and looked at all sides of this subject. You would realize how foolish you are and what a waste of time this is. Go find a real life!

heavy_d
06-26-2003, 05:39 PM
good letter cuda, hopefully put some sense into them

xxg0tn0lifexx
06-26-2003, 05:47 PM
those people that made that up are gay... :(

xxg0tn0lifexx
06-26-2003, 05:47 PM
those people that made that up are gay... :(

black box films
06-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Noise generated by ORVs does more than annoy people. Scientific research as shown that relatively continuous exposure to sound levels exceeding 70 decibels (i.e. freeway traffic) can be harmful to hearing. ORVs routinely produce between 81 - 111 decibels. This is roughly the equal of a rock concert or busy street.

Noise also can cause increases in heart rate, blood pressure and blood cholesterol, as well as effects to the digestive and respiratory systems. Persistent, unrelenting noise exposure could cause these temporary stress reactions to become chronic stress diseases, such as high blood pressure or ulcers. The elderly, young and individuals with existing health problems are at greatest risk.

Exposing the public to stupidity can also lower your chances of re-election to office. Also "Noise also can cause increases in heart rate, blood pressure and blood cholesterol, as well as effects to the digestive and respiratory systems.", HELLO so does jogging or walking!!! These people must want everyone to be able to hear the apocalypse when it comes, but not be able to get thier fat asses out of the way.
DAMN THE GOVERNMENT!!! :mad: :cuss:

cudaman
06-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by heavy_d
good letter cuda, hopefully put some sense into them

thanks

DMH
06-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!??????????
I CAN"T HEAR YOU!?????:rolleyes:

LMAO!!

Ryan
06-27-2003, 03:58 PM
That was the biggiest B.S I have heard in a long time.

In this day and time, people are so greedy and they expect so much. I can see OHV's being load and anoyying to some people, but how the hell will that cause health problems :huh . And it had made small animals aggressive after a motercycle race???? WTF?

KASCHAK
06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
This is roughly the equal of a busy street. ohh no the equal of a busy street noooo now we cant go out side where going to go deaf hahahahah thats funny chit. are they really serious.

Noise also can cause increases in heart rate and blood pressure. no thats old people. and to the riders its called an addrenelone rush (SP)

come on tree huggers shut up already. if you dont like it then dont live in the america. go live in the woods of china or something. america has fast lout machines and you cant stop it. tree huggers die!!!!!!!!!

Plante400
06-27-2003, 04:49 PM
who the hell would stop rising anyways? i know i wouldnt?

Nausty
06-27-2003, 04:53 PM
i've been around motorcycles and atv's all my life and I can hear just fine.:confused:

Honestly I think those people need to get a life or just chill out and smoke a bowl or something....

06-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cudaman
i wrote them a letter......not nasty, just informative...Your little protest against off road vehicles is pointless. I don’t understand why you people can’t actually start worrying about things that have an effect on you. 70 decibels is not loud at all. You are stretching that. Why does it matter to you if people ride? It doesn’t hurt anything or anybody. If someone gets hurt on a quad that’s there own fault. It doesn’t change your life one bit. I wish all you people would stop, your ruining people’s fun and a lot of peoples whole lives by doing what you’re doing. Yet what they are doing doesn’t even bother you. Your organization needs to get a real cause like helping kids get interested in something instead of taking interest away. Riding off road vehicles is a whole lot better then kids going out and drinking and smoking. It keeps them busy enough so they don’t do those things and there spending money on the vehicles instead of on drugs. If you guys actually sat down and looked at all sides of this subject. You would realize how foolish you are and what a waste of time this is. Go find a real life!

Well said.

This isnt anything new and there is different levels of action form the eco nazi's in diff areas of the country. Talk to someone from NY or NJ or on the west coast in CA or OR and you should get an ear full of the BS these guys try.

I have to admit they have their act together and are much more organised and professional in the political arena than any of our groups are (ATVs bikes 4x4 etc) but were getting our acts together and since our sport is growing there are more people around to work on it etc.

You also have to agree with the larger message most of the eco groups send and in that they are trying to stop polution and overpopulation of our natural areas etc. but when you look at their true agenda of removing and keeping out any use other than there own from our public and private lands you begin to see where they went wrong.

Oh more crap to deal with :)