PDA

View Full Version : what does it feel like???

400extracc
06-26-2003, 12:03 PM
just installed works triple rate w/o rezzies. they're squishy, when they compress then recompress, they don't go up all the way. then when i left the front end up they decompress all the way.

do they need more gas in them???

or is this they way they are???
thx:confused:

Scott-300ex
06-26-2003, 12:20 PM
well, shocks aren't supposed to be up all the way, one reason is weight is on them pushing them down, another reason is they have to be able to have give for when you go over a hole or something, that way the wheel with the shock will drop down in the hole, the shock will give and keep contact on the ground with all 4 tires, otherwise, your hole bike will go down into the hole and not be as stable and you will not have a comfortable ride and all 4 tires may not be on the ground

remlapr
06-26-2003, 12:21 PM
LOL - I think you meant to say rebound. Were they built for your specs?

06-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 400extracc
just installed works triple rate w/o rezzies. they're squishy, when they compress then recompress, they don't go up all the way. then when i left the front end up they decompress all the way.

do they need more gas in them???

or is this they way they are???
thx:confused:

Sounds like their workin fine ta me:confused2

You should be able to lift your quad 2-4 inches before the tires leave the ground..:eek2:

DEAL
06-26-2003, 01:57 PM
well its kinda like warm apple p... OH! your talking about shocks!:o

They're suposed to be like that man so when they rebound they don't max out and bounce. it makes for a much smoother ride.
Thats why some shocks have SSD or zero-preload.
I had to back the spring tension down on my rear shock so it would stop rebounding to the top and kicking out on whoops.

400extracc
06-26-2003, 04:17 PM
ok, they're not busted than!!!! used to the stock shocks....
thx