PDA

View Full Version : dad that pushed him

sparks400
06-26-2003, 06:17 AM
i was at my local track a week ago and i was talkin to dennis kirk, and he told me a story, there was this 13 y/o kid on a 420 banshee, and he was racing, this bike was decked out to, well he was coming in 3rd everytime hes raced in okecobee, and his dad theatened him that he will sell his bike a gound him or something like that, if he didnt do the triple ( a 50 foot triple ). well he tried to do it and the bikes front end came up to high and he landed on the back grabbar and the bike threw his foward and the bike landed on his a killed him, this is what happens when some1 pushes some1 to the max. when some1 pushes just ignore them or this could happen to u. good luck everyone
-sparks

06-26-2003, 06:19 AM
wow, that dad was an a-hole!. you know dennis kirk?

400exrules
06-26-2003, 06:21 AM
ya, your the one riding, only do wut u wanna do dont listen to the commentators or wut ever u wanna call them

its better to be called a wuss or wutever then end up dead or hurt

DEAL
06-26-2003, 06:23 AM
Yeah I've seen kids around here that get pushed by their parents like that , its sickening.
Let them go at their own pace and learn.
If anything my parents want me slowing down haha.

sparks400
06-26-2003, 06:27 AM
that what i said to dennis, i was i would have beat that guys @$$ if i saw him do that, i sorda kno him. but its funny i was on the back of his it said kirk im like i kno that name fom somewhere but then a day later i found out that it was him them i saw him last weekend then i knew who he was lol, but we met and talked for like and hour or so, then he had to race, hes pretty out of shape,but he hasnt rode anything in 2 months, he;s in georgia working for i forgot what company but that all i really kno lol.
-sparks

4wheelboy
06-26-2003, 06:28 AM
i kno what u mean. at this orv park when i used to ride dirt bikes there was this kid on a pimped out ktm 50. after talking to this kid i understood his skill level. he told me how his dad would push him to hit all the jumps on the expert mx track way out of the boys level. that stuf makes me sorry for the kids:(

QuadTrix6
06-26-2003, 06:33 AM
Quads aren;t to popular on long island but dirtbikes are and i see parents pushing there 8year olds and up all the time, yelling at them and stuff, i thought this sport was all about having fun :ermm:

MOFO
06-26-2003, 06:34 AM
Boy I'd love to get my hands on one of those dad's...especially the one that killed his kid!!!! :grr: :mad:

batgeek
06-26-2003, 06:34 AM
i was pushed to play baseball from when i was 5yo til i went to college...i got burnt out in high school but kept playing because of my Dad.

played 1 yr at Michigan St then went back home to San Diego. walked on my soph year at San Diego State...quit half-way thru the season.

i loved playing baseball, but i lost it cuz my Dad pushed to hard. luckily my story didn't end up sadly like the one you posted...

CHAUNCY
06-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Poor kid:(

Ryan
06-26-2003, 07:01 AM
I've seen parents pushing their kids to ride better, which is putting your child indangered. When I first got my quad, my dad showed me how to work the damn thing, got me going and left me alone. Which is what some parents should be doing, instead of pressuring their kids constantly..........:confused:

400exrules
06-26-2003, 07:14 AM
when i get a quad, all my dad will be pressuring me to do is get off it so he can ride :blah:

sparks400
06-26-2003, 07:23 AM
lol yea thats what my dad does when i get on his, his is a z400 with about 1500 into the motor that thing is fun i ride it for like 45min and hes like gimme it now, lol. but ive never been presured to do anything on my quad, go-ped, skates, anything like that, the only i had people talkt o me about is how to do it and stuff like that.
-sparks

toby400ex
06-26-2003, 07:44 AM
i wish my parents would buy me a decked out quad and tell me to hit triples:huh

K_Fulk
06-26-2003, 08:59 AM
My dad was like that with football, i ended up quiting after my dad got some stitches in his cheek.

MOFO
06-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
i wish my parents would buy me a decked out quad and tell me to hit triples:huh

not when you dont know what your doing.... again, I'd love to meet these kind of people.... :grr:

Nausty
06-26-2003, 09:07 AM
man that sucks, its all about having fun too. I can see wanna to teach your kid stuff and maybe pushing them to hit a few jump that you know they can do but threatening them and getting all serious about it is to much I think. Thats why I stopped playing ball sports when I was younger. It was never any fun because is all we did was get yelled at by the coaches, sit on the bench, run laps and wear dorky out fits.:ermm:

hessianmx111
06-26-2003, 12:43 PM
theres parents like that around here. especially in the 125 novice,schoolboy, and senior and supermini classes. kids leave the track crying all the time. my parents dont push me and neither do my friends. my dad likes to see me push my self but doesnt want me to do stuff i dont feel comfortable doing. same with my mom. i know i used to love baseball and football but i got tired of those friggin parent coaches always screamin at ya and chit. then i found motox:D

markeg192
06-26-2003, 05:13 PM
I have two sons 5 and 15 that do a lil racing and thats how most parents act. It's sad to see a little kid cry because they didn't win the race all because parents push too hard. Riding and racing should be fun .