PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Send Plastic?

RawEX
06-26-2003, 05:45 AM
I cant find a box big enough. its off of a 400ex. can the post office package it for me. how much would it cost if they did and how much is shipping for a full set of plastic estimated?

CHAUNCY
06-26-2003, 05:49 AM
We just old a set of Banshee front and rear plastics and shipped them in the box that new plastic came in. We charged 32 to ship it so it should be a little cheaper , depends on where its going:ermm:

edgerat
06-26-2003, 06:16 AM
if you have a UPS store or a Mail Boxes Etc. near you? They will box it up for you for around 25 bucks and ship it for you for around the same amount.
Isaac

anywhereEx
06-26-2003, 06:24 AM
Get some 3mil plastic. You can wrap it up with that and shipping tape. Make sure you put something over all edges and corners. I talked to the ups guy and he said that with the weird shape that they always get put on top of the stack.

hondafox440
06-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Yea, I got a full set of plastics shipped from Florida to New Hampshire for 8$. Just wrap it up in garbage bags and duct tape, and lots of it.

Black400
06-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by edgerat
if you have a UPS store or a Mail Boxes Etc. near you? They will box it up for you for around 25 bucks and ship it for you for around the same amount.
Isaac

Dont take it top mail boxes etc! What they do is charge you more to ship it and then they just drive down to the post office and mail it:confused2 When you can just drive to the post office and mail yourself for cheaper :uhoh:

Guy400
06-26-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Black400
Dont take it top mail boxes etc! What they do is charge you more to ship it and then they just drive down to the post office and mail it:confused2 When you can just drive to the post office and mail yourself for cheaper :uhoh: Actually, Mailboxes, Etc. just got bought out by UPS. They are now known as The UPS Store.

RawEX
06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
will it work if i just rap it in a bunch of big black garbage bags stuffed also w/ newspaper?

ill put a good bit of ducktape around it to.

should i even get insurance on it then?

hondafox440
06-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Well, my stuff arrived half in a black trash bag, then wrapped in clear plastic, then with a ton of duct tape on it, and it showed up intact. I wouldn't bother with the news paper.

RawEX
06-26-2003, 10:26 AM
ok i decided im just gonna go the garbage back way and send it.

cheap but i have to get it out. by tom

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-26-2003, 10:28 AM
I would put insurance on it.., wait you might want to ask before you do because I have had some show up that way and the driver said that since it was not packaged in a box they would not insure it if it was damaged.. just check with them..

anywhereEx
06-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Actually, Mailboxes, Etc. just got bought out by UPS. They are now known as The UPS Store

They are still crooks. I have sent the same item to the same person a few times and the price varied by $7-19. I have recipts to show......