PDA

View Full Version : Dirtwheels is full of it

300XFST4602
06-26-2003, 05:28 AM
Ok i just got the new Dirtwheels and they are raving about the New yamaha 450 , but anyways i think they like don't like Honda anymore or soemthing. There was a Test on against the New Honda 400 4x4 with the GPS agaianst a Bomb. Outlander , they liked the outlander better , how could that piece be better than the New Honda 400. ANd then this one really ticked me off , the had a a tes of a Honda 250r against a Gas Gas 300. They were both pretty widely hopped up and they still preferred the GAs GAs! I think Dirtwheels gets paid for those damn tests , i mean think about it. :blah: Ryan

Str8Wicked
06-26-2003, 05:34 AM
If I worked for dirt wheels I wouldn't like Honda eithier.... Dirt Wheels has always saw the potential in Honda to be the best but now they just see them as a waste of designing talent.....

edgerat
06-26-2003, 05:46 AM
That Bombardier always wins the 400 shootouts. Regardless of who is doing the tests. Must be a damn good quad.
Bravo WIcked on the comment on Honda's designers not being allowed to use their full imaginations.... :)
Isaac

I-7
06-26-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602
Ok i just got the new Dirtwheels and they are raving about the New yamaha 450 , but anyways i think they like don't like Honda anymore or soemthing. There was a Test on against the New Honda 400 4x4 with the GPS agaianst a Bomb. Outlander , they liked the outlander better , how could that piece be better than the New Honda 400. ANd then this one really ticked me off , the had a a tes of a Honda 250r against a Gas Gas 300. They were both pretty widely hopped up and they still preferred the GAs GAs! I think Dirtwheels gets paid for those damn tests , i mean think about it. :blah: Ryan

I like dirtwheels. I think they are just tired of waiting 4 years for this new honda to come out. They like new quads, inovative ones and Honda hasnt been showing that latley.

QuadTrix6
06-26-2003, 07:11 AM
honda still makes more money than any other quad and dirtbike company in the world. :eek:

MOUSE
06-26-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
honda still makes more money than any other quad and dirtbike company in the world. :eek:

and thats what they care about the most :eek:

400exrules
06-26-2003, 07:27 AM
yup :(

micah
06-26-2003, 07:43 AM
When did you get the new mag? I subsribe to 4 atv mags and feel like my mail man is steeling them or something.

Was the 250r a stock one or a raced up one? From what i understand stock 250r's arent all that great, they just have a lot of potential.

300EX_HMF
06-26-2003, 09:03 AM
i dont give a **** when Honda comes out with there new quad cause i know when it comes out its gonna kick some ***!!! cause u know the more time u put into the something the better off its going to be!!

would u rather honda just come out with something they didnt put any effort into and have to replace everything on it again and again and again???

Nausty
06-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602

lol, took you a while to figure that one out. Dirt wheels and atv action are pathetic. I could go on forever about how much of a rip off their mags are. They are unknowledgeable about what they are talking about, they have the same ol reviews every year, its full of adds, they say one thing and say the oppisite the next mag, also they are either extremely biast towards certain quads or are either payed off.:o

300XFST4602
06-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
lol, took you a while to figure that one out. Dirt wheels and atv action are pathetic. I could go on forever about how much of a rip off their mags are. They are unknowledgeable about what they are talking about, they have the same ol reviews every year, its full of adds, they say one thing and say the oppisite the next mag, also they are either extremely biast towards certain quads or are either payed off.:o

I agree the only reason i gett there mag is for the ads cause everyone advertises in there. Dirtwheels and ATv action are owned byt the same company and i serieously think that companies pay them for the reviews .

wilkin250r
06-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Whatever is new, that's the one Dirtwheels likes, with very few exception. They picked the raptor over the Honda, because it had more power. They picked the Z400 over the raptor, even though it doesn't have as much power, but because it handles better. Well duh, the 400ex handles better than the Rappy, but it didn't win the shootout because it wasn't new. They will pick the new Yammi 450 over everything, just because it's newer.

Of course they picked the Gas Gas over the 250r, it's newer.

Anybody see a pattern developing here?

MOFO
06-26-2003, 11:44 AM
(sarcasm on) Are you guys trying to say those magazines dont always print the truth or are biased (sarcasm off)

Pappy
06-26-2003, 12:05 PM
i only believe hustler magazine:o ofcourse i only look at the pictures:D

c'mon...its all money driven. they write the articles based on who is handing them the cash. id suffice to say that even if or when honda brings out a quad it will be rated good in the mags....but it wont get the attention it will hopefully deserve because that would tick off the other manufactures.

or....you could just believe that everyone is smokin honda and there aint chit we can do about it:confused2

Bad Habit
06-26-2003, 12:31 PM
One thing for everyone to pay attention to.......Did you notice in the issue that Dirtwheels had the first article on the Z400 there was about 6 pages of advertisments for Suzuki. It takes huge money to place a full page color ad in one of these magazines and I'm sure the amount of advertising dollars had nothing to do with the favorable reviews;) and I'm sure the favorable reviews would have no impact on number of units sold;)

micah
06-26-2003, 12:42 PM
in the last DW they had about a 6 page roll design/ims advertisement.....followed by a couple stories on roll design kfx400, z400, and i thought one other quad

Bad Habit
06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Kinda odd how the amount of article corresponds with the amount of advertising huh?:huh

NTPRacing#19
06-26-2003, 01:08 PM
yea i remember seeing a write up about the z400 commercial, lmao who in their right mind that runs a magazine would put a tv commercial in their magazine, i saw that and laughed and was wondering how much money dirtwheels got for putting that in there.... Hey guys heres a sneek peak to the z400 commercial

Pappy
06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
Kinda odd how the amount of article corresponds with the amount of advertising huh?:huh

lol..its actually a great marketing scheme for the magazine and the manufacture. unfortunatley the masses believe the hype:p

besides...if susucki knew how bad their frames are do you think they would have jumped it out of a helicopter:devil: :D

GOMER007
06-26-2003, 01:30 PM
honda's new sport quad that has not come out like 4years like if they wanted to they could take a xR 650 and stick it in a Ex frame but what do they do keep making every one wate and for '04 they still have no new quad comeing out and predator has come out and the Z-400 the KFX-400 and DVX-400 and the new YFZ-450 and both Gas Gas's. and honda has there heads in the sand.:blah:

Pappy
06-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by GOMER007
and honda has there heads in the sand.:blah:

more like up their arse:cool: im certain they will bring out a quad....when is anyones geuss. ill wait...no worries:D