View Full Version : stumbled upon this little fellar

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 03:54 AM
last weekend when i was down in WV at my grandfather's place i was triming the trees over the road that runs up into the hollar when i bout triped over this little guy he was bout the size of a football laying there:p

i bet that's some tender meat :devil: LMAO, nah i'm not like that I perfer the legal way ;)

neways just thought i would share it was the first time i had ever stumbled upon one so small

400exrules
06-26-2003, 04:00 AM
u know if u mess wiht them they could die when there that young, i believe

06-26-2003, 04:02 AM
WTF is his momma :grr:

06-26-2003, 04:02 AM
if you bottle it milk and what not and take care of it til it gets bigger it will be fine, just dont let it see and get used to people or it wont leave and will eventually have to be killed for being a menace... We have a guy up here that is always getting abandoned babies...

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:03 AM
i cut one up that size saturday with the bush hog:(

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 04:06 AM
ya ya i know i didn't get near it my cameras got a nice zoom, little guy didn't even wake up, the mom was up in the woods, there was three of them i couldn't see them but i could hear em snorting

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

wow that would make me feel bad :( i've got no problem poppin em when they get older but i don't think i could find it in my heart to kill a yougin

xxg0tn0lifexx
06-26-2003, 04:07 AM
thats a cool little dude, i just passed one a little bigger then that in the middle of the road, dead, it was sad to see, but, bad things in life happen, but, he looks cool :D

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:09 AM
walkin up on them wont harm them...just dont try and disturb them. 3 years ago we had the DNR with us and we caught 15 of them in one day on our farm. they weighed them and collected data.

i caught 2 guys on video catching fawns a few years ago:mad: they never knew i was there and i even was able to get them getting into thier truck with one...got the tag # also:macho they were fined BIG TIME:D

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
wow that would make me feel bad :( i've got no problem poppin em when they get older but i don't think i could find it in my heart to kill a yougin

well we look for them but sometimes ya get one:ermm: yeah im a big time hunter, but it makes me teary eyed when i see a lil one get wiped out:(

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 04:14 AM
well we look for them but sometimes ya get one:ermm: yeah im a big time hunter, but it makes me teary eyed when i see a lil one get wiped out:(

yah i hear ya http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/dday/frownyes.gif

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:17 AM
lol....i was turkey hunting one time and i as i was walking back to my truck thru some tall grass i steeped on one:eek: that lil rascal started squeeling like mad and its momma came running at me:ermm: she sure was pissed:p i didnt hurt the fawn but it scared the hell outta me at first:scary:

CHAUNCY
06-26-2003, 04:18 AM
Hes a cute little guy:o

jlhughes750
06-26-2003, 04:19 AM
Pappy, i didn't realize u was a farm boy!!!!! i gotta get a camera soon, and post some pics of my farm, just a little one!!!!! Monday night we cut hay and tuesday my son and i went walking and found a bunch of little g-hogs, i think the mom got wacked when we were bailing!!!!!!!!!!! Jake got a kick outta watching them hogs, they came right up within a foot or 2 of us!!!

later, J

FourFiftyFour
06-26-2003, 04:21 AM
When I used to ride horses in three day eventing horse trials.. one of the places I used to train at had some deer every now and then on the cross country course. At one show, a dog was trying to attack a baby fawn and so the owners of the place saved it and started raising it and it played with the dogs..... it ran up with the dogs, ran under the fence and explored the woods with the dogs, ate the dog food, and when it was gettin cooler in the evening she would get really hyper and start runnin around one of the barns really fast till she was panting... she was the cutest thing, then one of the neighbor guys decided to use her for target practice with his bow....... I had never been so mad

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:22 AM
lol...yeah i cant wait to get my own farm:( i grew up on 1200 acres and i cant stand living where i do now:mad: we kill every groundhog we see....foxes also....

dirtmomma
06-26-2003, 04:28 AM
Damn Pappy:huh :confused:

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Damn Pappy:huh :confused:

well its not like i meant to do it:( the rain has the fields really over grown and before when i was trimming the field edges i nailed one:mad: more get killed by dogs then us around here:grr:

dirtmomma
06-26-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
When I used to ride horses in three day eventing horse trials.. one of the places I used to train at had some deer every now and then on the cross country course. At one show, a dog was trying to attack a baby fawn and so the owners of the place saved it and started raising it and it played with the dogs..... it ran up with the dogs, ran under the fence and explored the woods with the dogs, ate the dog food, and when it was gettin cooler in the evening she would get really hyper and start runnin around one of the barns really fast till she was panting... she was the cutest thing, then one of the neighbor guys decided to use her for target practice with his bow....... I had never been so mad

Hey CDaleChick, how funny you traded in horses for horsepower.......SO DID I!!!! I used to barrel race,pole bend,gaming & run cows some. That was back in the 80's:eek: aging myself here:o I still miss it sometimes but I got alot of injuries back then too. I used to have Arabians & a quarter horse. what did/do you have?? My sister in law to be she's into showing the Arabs big time, she's got a beautiful one right now. Anyway funny to see how alot of people have stuff in common on here besides quads.

FourFiftyFour
06-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey CDaleChick, how funny you traded in horses for horsepower.......SO DID I!!!! I used to barrel race,pole bend,gaming & run cows some. That was back in the 80's:eek: aging myself here:o I still miss it sometimes but I got alot of injuries back then too. I used to have Arabians & a quarter horse. what did/do you have?? My sister in law to be she's into showing the Arabs big time, she's got a beautiful one right now. Anyway funny to see how alot of people have stuff in common on here besides quads.

Yeah I still have my retired competition horse and my current competition horse (Thoroughbred gelding named Tucker) is up for sale. Heres a pic of me competing

Pappy
06-26-2003, 04:35 AM
bahhh...on horses:p i grew up on a horse farm...we owned 15 or so and boarded 30. mainly quater horses....and one or two cutting horses:) i dont miss them stepping on my feet:scary:

FourFiftyFour
06-26-2003, 04:37 AM
and another

toby400ex
06-26-2003, 05:14 AM
nice pants;)

06-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
nice pants;)

I didn't thinnk she was wearin any..:confused:

p@iNn3ck
06-26-2003, 05:41 AM

Pappy - We got one too, cuttin the hay fields..... they sure make a mess in the baler

dirtmomma - I like how you put that..."traded in horses for horsepower".... we did the same.

Chanman420q
06-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Pappy - We got one too, cuttin the hay fields..... they sure make a mess in the baler

cant the lil deer hear the machine coming? :uhoh: :cuss:

Pappy
06-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
cant the lil deer hear the machine coming? :uhoh: :cuss:

sure they can...but its safer for them to hide from things then run. young animals have almost no scent so predators have a tuff time finding them...usually they find them by accident...same way a tractor does

Rip_Tear
06-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Wow that is cool finding one. That really sucks Pappy, the worst I have seen was my dad hitting a 2 fawns with his truck (big international) and there was practically nothing left...

FourFiftyFour
06-26-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I didn't thinnk she was wearin any..:confused:

shhhh!!! it was supposed to be a secret!!!! ;)

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Wow that is cool finding one.

ya its cool, give ya that warm fuzzy feeling but out here there really isn't much that you wouldn't stumble upon :D

no civilization as far as the eye can see, it's that great :D

toby400ex
06-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck

Thats kind of funny and messed up at once:confused2