PDA

View Full Version : Got my CDI box back today

2qk4u
06-25-2003, 04:36 PM
well i got my cdi box today from mickey dunlap. called him up last week and sent him mine on thursday last week and got the modded one today. put it on and what a difference. no hitting the rev limiter thats for sure. just got to watch the floating the valves. motor revs alot further, just got to be careful. i was always into the rev limiter alot after i ported my head and installed the stage 2 cam. i went this route because everyone i have talked to has had bad luck with the aftermarket one starting, especially in the winter. this way i still have the stock equipment but no rev limiter.
i kinda think the price could be a little lower. i paid a $100 plus my old one. but i would have just paid a $100 for an aftermarket one that would have let me down probably so its not so bad i guess. well anyway thought i would just let you all know how it went. glad i did it still.

StreetLegalEX
06-25-2003, 08:01 PM
But the aftermarket units have modded powercurves too, not only the rev limiter removed....

Anyways, nice to hear you are happy with your modded cdi, keep us posted!

O, and isn't it bad for the engine to have the limiter removed, or will it not cause any problems? (is there still a redline but only moved further away?)

06-26-2003, 06:55 AM
its bad on it if u were to rev it up high without shifting up anyways...but without the rev limiter ya its real bad