PDA

View Full Version : Yfc450 Rave...

Ralph
06-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Why are all the sudden everybody and their brother in love with the 450? nobody made such a big deal when the cannondale was out and it was better, alumin frame, efi... Whats is the big deal with the 450?

400exrules
06-25-2003, 03:04 PM
its a new shiny toy on the market and everyone gets over excited and thinks its more then it is, from what ive heard from different forums, its a piece of crap :(

NOW is hondas chance to move in and make somethin that will laugh at the YZF thats supposed to rip, but dont

cheetah
06-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Well if this new honda isn't able to compete completely with everything else, I'm just gonna build an R. I want one so bad and I'm looking right now. Just got to find a decent one in price range.:cool:

NTPracing22
06-25-2003, 03:11 PM
maybe because its the first race ready quad at a reasonable price. (the 12,000 moto was too much) its changing our sport completely.

400exrules
06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
ya i have to agree, i mean....12K is still alittle high, even race ready

i hope honda buys cannondale or wutever that rumor was, that would rock

Narly R
06-25-2003, 03:22 PM
I never got too exited over a yamaha!:ermm:

mxdave28
06-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
its a new shiny toy on the market and everyone gets over excited and thinks its more then it is, from what ive heard from different forums, its a piece of crap :(

NOW is hondas chance to move in and make somethin that will laugh at the YZF thats supposed to rip, but dont

huh,:ermm: seems to run pretty good for a piece of crap at High Point with Kory Ellis as the pilot...went 3-3 in the Pro Production, and with the only mods of a-rms,swing arm,axle,shocks,and a slip on silencer...oh yea nerfs....seems pretty good if ya ask me

crazybuffalo
06-25-2003, 04:27 PM
because its new and not many have it so there is noone to say it sux so it automatically seems great

hessianmx111
06-25-2003, 04:32 PM
why do most people think its impossible for yamaha to make a good quad.

Chef
06-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111

Because they are stupid.:D

hessianmx111
06-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Chef
damn now it all makes sense:blah:

jmoney45
06-26-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Chef

yamaha or most people? or both? :D

MOFO
06-26-2003, 01:31 AM
I gave up getting all excited over a new quad that is being released.... after seeing the market get swarmed by all the new sport quads, it kinda dull's it out. The only quad I really got excited over was the Cannondale (so many new things on those quads).

Ralph
06-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
maybe because its the first race ready quad at a reasonable price. (the 12,000 moto was too much) its changing our sport completely.

the yfz will cost what? like 9.... u need a swingarm, a-arms, shocks, nerfs, pipe etc... NOT RACE READY! once u spend enough to make it great u will be at 1200, and then the moto will still have efi, aluminum frame...

Ralph
06-26-2003, 03:24 AM

they have tried for 20 some odd years and still havent! honda did it in their like first 5

06-26-2003, 03:31 AM
Yamaha makes top of the line piano's from what i hear...:p

The new quad has some very nice options..but saying it's race ready... NOT

Kory Ellis had to have several things added to it to be competitive at this last GNC.

jcv400ex
06-26-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by NTPracing22

Well add in the nerfs, wider a-arms, shocks, slip-on, and axle, and your up to $10,000 with the price of the quad. :ermm: Is the aluminum frame, aluminum Tag T-2 bars, rear beadlocks, tires that actually work and fuel injection worth the extra $1,500. See, then things come into perspective....maybe Cannondale DID have something going. Not saying their idea was perfect, but it was hard to beat. :ermm:

Ralph
06-26-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Well add in the nerfs, wider a-arms, shocks, slip-on, and axle, and your up to $10,000 with the price of the quad. :ermm: Is the aluminum frame, aluminum Tag T-2 bars, rear beadlocks, tires that actually work and fuel injection worth the extra $1,500. See, then things come into perspective....maybe Cannondale DID have something going. Not saying their idea was perfect, but it was hard to beat. :ermm:

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

MOUSE
06-26-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yamaha makes top of the line piano's from what i hear...:p

The new quad has some very nice options..but saying it's race ready... NOT

Kory Ellis had to have several things added to it to be competitive at this last GNC.

they might have went a litlle far with "race ready" but imo its still going to be a great quad and just about every person is going to change shocks and a arms axels etc.

as with all things opinions are like ***** holes everyone has one and they all stink http://smilies.crowd9.com/cwm/alien/laugh.gif

Bretmd94
06-26-2003, 04:02 AM
Biggy back shocks are great and all, but people are going to change them anyways.

I would have rather it only be 6400$ with regular shocks. Not that im going to buy one. It will probably be a lemon. :eek2:

edgerat
06-26-2003, 04:13 AM
Let's all be honest and say that a Yamaha will never get a fair shake in a Honda forum....... The new Yamaha is race-ready for a novice up to a B rider. If you guys ever raced at the TOP level that Kory does you would know that you HAVE to have that stuff to be competitive.
You guys want to talk about the Crackonfail being race ready out of box? BS 99% of the fast guys that raced them and are still racing them bought Cannibals and then threw about 7k at them to make them competitive. I am not going to sit around and wait for Honda to get off their butts and come out with another big let down like the 400ex(In My Opinion the 400EX was not the quad that everyone touted it to be) and then I would just go buy the Yamaha at that time. As it stands now I am waiting for my dealer to get my TWO YFZ450's in so I can get the NEW big thing, but guess what the new Yamaha is TONS better than the 400ex.
It wouldnt suprise me if Honda screwed up and stuck an XR650 engine in a quad. Honda is still the king when it comes to R&D and making the best engineered product but when it comes to quads I can no longer count on them releasing the best product for what I need. Yamaha did.
Isaac
P.S. The opinions expressed above are just that opinions DO NOT FLAME ME for my opinions but if you have a thoughtful rebuttal swing away fellers.....

jcv400ex
06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
Let's all be honest and say that a Yamaha will never get a fair shake in a Honda forum....... The new Yamaha is race-ready for a novice up to a B rider. If you guys ever raced at the TOP level that Kory does you would know that you HAVE to have that stuff to be competitive.
You guys want to talk about the Crackonfail being race ready out of box? BS 99% of the fast guys that raced them and are still racing them bought Cannibals and then threw about 7k at them to make them competitive.[/QUOTE]

Did I flame yamaha? Nope, I didn't say a word about Yamadogs, or anything like that. Flaming??? hmmmmm....... Did anyone say Cannibal??? Does a Cannibal cost $11,500? Nope, I think it was a Moto.....but hey, what do I know....yeah, I don't sell them or anything. Not being race ready?? Okay, let me get out the list.

Holeshot MX tires.....check
beadlocks......check
teher.......check
tag t-2 bars......check
gripper seat........check
nerfs.......check
50 inches wide......check
numberplates.......check
shocks with rezzies, compression/rebound adjustable.....check
Braking Wave rotors.......check
steel braided brake lines......check
hydraulic clutch.......check
steering stablizer......check
Performance exhaust.......check

Amy I missing something, or is that race ready?

Originally posted by edgerat

I am not going to sit around and wait for Honda to get off their butts and come out with another big let down like the 400ex(In My Opinion the 400EX was not the quad that everyone touted it to be) and then I would just go buy the Yamaha at that time. As it stands now I am waiting for my dealer to get my TWO YFZ450's in so I can get the NEW big thing, but guess what the new Yamaha is TONS better than the 400ex.

[/B]

Huh, did it take you long to figure out that the Yfz was better than a stock 400.....I hope not....but I have my doubts.

QUOTE]Originally posted by edgerat
P.S. The opinions expressed above are just that opinions DO NOT FLAME ME for my opinions but if you have a thoughtful rebuttal swing away fellers..... [/B][/QUOTE]

See, there lies the difference......our opinions are based on facts, you've pulled them out of your arse it seems......but that is just my opinion.....I MIGHT be wrong.

MOUSE
06-26-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by edgerat
You guys want to talk about the Crackonfail being race ready out of box? BS 99% of the fast guys that raced them and are still racing them bought Cannibals and then threw about 7k at them to make them competitive. I am not going to sit around and wait for Honda to get off their butts and come out with another big let down like the 400ex(In My Opinion the 400EX was not the quad that everyone touted it to be) and then I would just go buy the Yamaha at that time. As it stands now I am waiting for my dealer to get my TWO YFZ450's in so I can get the NEW big thing, but guess what the new Yamaha is TONS better than the 400ex.
It wouldnt suprise me if Honda screwed up and stuck an XR650 engine in a quad. Honda is still the king when it comes to R&D and making the best engineered product but when it comes to quads I can no longer count on them releasing the best product for what I need. Yamaha did.
Isaac
P.S. The opinions expressed above are just that opinions DO NOT FLAME ME for my opinions but if you have a thoughtful rebuttal swing away fellers.....

http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

i agree with most of what you said there

edgerat
06-26-2003, 04:56 AM
JC,
What I said was the guys that actually RACE their Crackonfails bought Cannibals and then dumped huge bucks into them to make them race ready. They did not buy the MOTO because it was too expensive and the parts on it were not what we RACERS use to race.
Like I said the YFZ is "race-ready" to 90% of the community just like the MOTO WAS race-ready to 90% of the community. If you want to face facts lets face it that the MOTO was not the end it be all RACE QUAD that we and Crackonfail thought it would be.
I never said, "HEY JC QUIT FLAMING YAMAHA!" Just because you sell quads doesnt make you an EXPERT either. I figure out what quad I want and what I need it for before I head to the dealer because 99.9% of the dopes they have selling the quads DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! :) I have to say it would be refreshing for me to be able to buy a quad from you so I could develop some ATV rapport with my ATV salesman rather than try and convince a two-wheel guy that I dont want to buy a motorcycle :)
And in closing NOTHING I said was stated as a PURE fact. I was talking about the race-worthiness of the YFZ versus any other quad on the market that has any staying power. I am coming from a perspective of a racer that has spent my fair share of money on quads to make them race-ready. I know what you need to race and I know that NONE of the CRACKONFAILS' were race ready out of the box FOR ME. Just like the YFZ is NOT race ready out of the box FOR ME.
THX,
Isaac

jamiesel
06-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Crackonfails

ok you can caller her a cannonfail but not crackenfail. :P
Mines never cracked. As for comparing the 2 we will see shortly. I respect yamaha for producing 2 stroke banshee's while the rest of the manufactures played mouse. Now, since dale they are the first manufacture that has really steped up to make something with a competitive engine at least.

I would like to see yamaha sell differant versions of this for practicly the same price. How much more money is it for them to make one 2 inches wider? 20.oo? No need to throw the old a arms and axle away.

edgerat
06-26-2003, 05:13 AM
I have thought of it this way. The 04 YFZ450 is the 1986 TRX250R of this millenium. It is not race ready off the showroom floor but it has the DNA to be the ultimate quad for anyone.
Isaac
p.s. unless Honda comes out with something better but I do have my doubts.

edgerat
06-26-2003, 05:15 AM
Jamie I was referring to the clutch hub's exploding and cracking :):):):):):):):):) hehehhee ready to tell me your secret?
Isaac

jcv400ex
06-26-2003, 05:51 AM
Okay, yes. The guys that bought the Cannibals for $6500, then dumped $7000 into them, would have been better off with the Moto from the get go. Yeah, it's hard to justify $12,000 for a quad right off the bat. But, out of the box, for up to a "B" level, there isn't anything that the Moto needs. Seriously. For $200 Ohlins will redo the suspension, and it's very comparable to some PEP prepped and Elka prepped 400's and 250r's I've ridden. I guess that's the only thing I'm trying to really get across here, The moto was it, and people let it pass under their noses. It did have it all.

Out of the current quads available, on paper, I absolutely agree with you that the YFZ is BY FAR the most race ready quad out there. Yes, it's 90% done out of the box. Your basically getting a Cannondale SPeed (for a comparison in performance) A Gas Gas, along that line. And I commend Yamaha for being the leader of the big 4 in the line of high performance machines. I really do. Their concept is very close to being the ultimate machine. I would have left the high end shocks off. 80% of the people that are going to buy this machine, are going to race motocross, and it needs to be wider. Heck GTYR offers A-arms right through them. Then your going to upgrade the shocks obviously. I really think Yamaha went a tit bit overboard on the machine. Price is a thing for me on the machine. For what your paying, your not getting a whole lot. Your still going to be approaching $10,000-11,000 for a competitive quad up to the "B" class again. After that, your going to want more ponies. Yes, Ellis's bike ran good with just the slip-on, but I think he's a couple ponies short of "Pro" power still. After some headwork, piston change, and cam changes, then you'll be at the Pro and A level of power. Which it's going to get you in the $13,000-14,000 range. And you can still build a hybrid racer for that with a aftermarket frame. :ermm: If someone could comeout with a good chassis, keep full on Pro level race cost down below $12,000 after mods, can you imagine what that would do for us? Think of the guys that are busting butt to pay the big dollars to be able to stay competitive. If they could concentrate on riding more, and worrying about bills less, we'd have some VERY good racing going on. Not saying we do not now, but that would make it interesting.

edgerat
06-26-2003, 05:58 AM
I agree 100% with you on all of that JC.
Isaac

PhilMoore
06-26-2003, 06:22 AM
Hopefully, nobody will produce a race ready quad.
This site would really go down hill if nobody could have a mile-long sig with all thier mods! :blah:

400EXrider#91
07-04-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
Hopefully, nobody will produce a race ready quad.
This site would really go down hill if nobody could have a mile-long sig with all thier mods! :blah:

lmgdao

Paul400ex2002
07-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
the yfz will cost what? like 9.... u need a swingarm, a-arms, shocks, nerfs, pipe etc... NOT RACE READY! once u spend enough to make it great u will be at 1200, and then the moto will still have efi, aluminum frame...

it's more race ready than a moto with that stuff done. Rudy @ DFR races a full race cannibal that is more built than a moto and he said the yfz walked all over every cannondale at glen helen.

jcv400ex
07-05-2003, 03:54 PM
People have compared it to a stock Moto.....I still believe the Moto will have 2-3 more HP.....and maybe a notch up on handling. It's just that the Yamaha is new, I'll still keep the Moto......

bradley300
07-06-2003, 10:42 AM
just give it a few years and we will see the real truth. just like when the raptor came out, it blew away ds650, last year it was a close race, and now the ds will edge out a raptor.

just like every other yammy, it will probably be the fastest in i class, only time will tell how durable it actually is.

stock for stock, i dont think a yfz stands a chance against a moto or blaze on thier types of tracks.

holeshot19
07-06-2003, 11:23 AM
i dont think it was all that. maybee the best yamaha ever but it dont have any bottom end torque. i had to rev the piss out of it in first gear to pull off. me and the boy went woods rideing today and i got to ride it. it pulled good 3rd gear up with your finger in it but try to lug it through the woodss it would stall out. im not knocking it but the way that people were acting that thought it was the best thing next to sliced bread. not so. i let him ride my lonestar bike and it blew his mind.may be droping the front gear and but a slip on it mite help but i seems to be built for mx raceing. my .02 worth:grr:

raptor_02
07-06-2003, 01:42 PM
i think everyone is just to damn brand loyal. Kory Ellis said his self that an B or C rider shouldn't have to change anything on this quad to be competitive. You have to put 10,000 bucks in a 400ex or a z400 just so you can race it. Also Kory Ellis was down by 15 seconds and cut it down to 2 seconds with a 10,000 dollar quad. That's awesome considering that the other guys had double the money in their sissy z400's. But as far as comparing a moto or speed to the yfz that's not really fair. 12k and 9 k vs 7k. You put 12 k in the YFZ and it will chew up the moto and turn it into a cannibal. Don't get me wrong I love cannondales but I think yamaha has come out with a better product for a better price. You can have almost a pro caliber quad for around 11000 bucks.

a-arms = 600
axle = 400
front shocks = 900
beadlocks = 400
exaust = 500
swing arm = 600
tires = 200
jets = 50

For GNCC all it would cost would be about 1000 bucks to make it fully competitive. But the important thing is guys have sunk 10000 and more in their 400ex's and Z400's and still don't have as good of a quad as a bone stock YFZ that cost 7000 bucks. I think we all need to just give yamaha the credit they deserve :cool: :)

batgeek
07-06-2003, 02:08 PM
yep, i'll put 10K into my bike...but i sure aint gonna be buying the "race-ready" parts that Yami put on the YFZ on my bike.

i have no problem spending money to put better parts than what come on STOCK bikes.

danyeo
07-07-2003, 03:54 AM
You guys may want to read this comparison. Read the post from Sandstorm. He owns a Dale and his brother owns the new YZF.

danyeo
07-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Oh, here is the link.
http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2236

WyoDuner
07-09-2003, 11:13 AM
I was riding with Sandstorm and his brother all weekend at St. Anthony and I saw the YFZ 450 beat almost everything it went up against. It wasn't even funny how bad he beat me on my Banshee. We raced up Thunder Mountain and on the flats and it took me pretty easily each time. Buddha was also airing out the 450 a lot and he seemed real happy with the suspension. I rode the 450 a little and it did pull hard and seemed to pull pretty good through the RPM range but the size was too small for my big butt. I guess the MXers will really like it. Bad-***** machine for sure.

We say another guy on a 450 at Chokecherry and he was flying up and down that hill the whole time we were there and it ran just the same as Buddha's 450. Not really sure how it will do on top speed on hardpack with knobbies since we only raced in the sand but it should be pretty fast.

newjacksm
07-09-2003, 03:12 PM
they have tried for 20 some odd years and still havent! honda did it in their like first 5

your a ****ing moron :confused2

Ralph
07-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by newjacksm
your a ****ing moron :confused2

prove me wrong, banshee now we all know it wasnt a succes, i own one and i dont like it. Blaster, i wonder why everone sells them for bigger quads. raptor, do i need to explain? now yamaha, their first sport quad was the 200sx i believe wich i have ridden and is actualy pretty fun. and then the 250r wich was success//

newjacksm
07-09-2003, 05:05 PM
prove me wrong, banshee now we all know it wasnt a succes, i own one and i dont like it. Blaster, i wonder why everone sells them for bigger quads. raptor, do i need to explain? now yamaha, their first sport quad was the 200sx i believe wich i have ridden and is actualy pretty fun. and then the 250r wich was success//

then thats your problem your just uptight... banshee was a success so was the raptor and the blaster............. Blaster its for the price tag and begginers and Banshee people buy them for the speed twin cylender 2 stroke and the raptor for the 660 lots of people own them... Same thing with the warrior... I dunno but did i miss somethign about that... lol like i said before your a ****ing moron:confused2

banshee also won baja 1000 5 times so please..........

raptor is the best selling ATV...

got to mean something right?

but ok stick to your 250r, and your 400ex...

Chef
07-09-2003, 05:39 PM

If the Banshee wasnt a success, why is it still in production after 16-17 years, basically unchanged? Same goes for the blaster.

Ralph
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
sorry i should have worded it better,,, since mx is all i think about i just tune out dragracing, dunning etc...

what i mean is Yamhaha has never had a winner for mx/xc.

newjacksm
07-09-2003, 06:48 PM
sorry i should have worded it better,,, since mx is all i think about i just tune out dragracing, dunning etc...

what i mean is Yamhaha has never had a winner for mx/xc.

Raptor is good for XC

Banshee needs to be modded to hell for MX

YFZ450 is perfect for MX

but then i take it back what i said before..

Ralph
07-10-2003, 05:44 AM
tell me a few pros that run banshees or raptors in xc, same with mx. And when i say Winner i mean the best. like in xc everybody races either 400ex, 250r, or z400/kfx. those are winners if one person runs a raptor and gets in last everytime it doesnt mean anything

same goes for mx. everybody has z's, ex's and r's. and if their quad is aftermarket it is on a ex based chasy...

Paul400ex2002
07-10-2003, 06:47 AM
oh my ralph you just know everything don't you. Talking about aftermarket... You can already buy a-arms, shocks, axles, full pipes, and swingarms etc will be out soon. And i'm not talking about gyt-r stuff either. Sparks, Lonestar, PEP, just to name a few already have yfz parts out. The yfz is going to dominate in mx, just you watch. The fact that kory ellis took a STOCK motor quad with all the suspension mods and a pipe on it and got 3rd in a pro production class is AWESOME. there is no way you could get a 400ex to that level with the amount of work spent on the yfz.

I think you're just jealous that yamaha has made a quad taylored to racers, and you don't have one. I bet you were saying the sames things about the z400 and kfx400 when they came out last year.

newjacksm
07-10-2003, 07:59 AM
the YFZ will own MX XC everything! honda wont step up

YLW400
07-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Thats what everyone said about every OTHER quad that came out after the 250R. Raptors included...

newjacksm
07-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Thats what everyone said about every OTHER quad that came out after the 250R. Raptors included...

touchaye i forgot this is a honda site......... but anyways you will see YFZ will own competetion.......... oh and raptors are great for MX when modded ;) Stock raptor in Huevos 5 was hitting huge ****ing jumps and he didnt bottom out....

newjacksm
07-10-2003, 09:27 AM
touchaye i forgot this is a honda site......... but anyways you will see YFZ will own competetion.......... oh and raptors are great for MX when modded ;) Stock raptor in Huevos 5 was hitting huge ****ing jumps and he didnt bottom out.... \

oh and Honda wont make anything because there to lazy to make anything there more into dirt bikes then anything oh and if they do make a Cr450 quad the YZ450 is faster dirt bike.. so the quad YFZ will be faster... honda cant equal this they're too afraid if anything:scary:

Paul400ex2002
07-10-2003, 09:48 AM
touchaye i forgot this is a honda site......... but anyways you will see YFZ will own competetion.......... oh and raptors are great for MX when modded ;) Stock raptor in Huevos 5 was hitting huge ****ing jumps and he didnt bottom out....

yea that was sheldon riggs on the raptor, they filmed some of it about 10 miles from my house at his house. Too bad somebody ripped off the raptor and 3 of his friends bikes sometime in the last week or so, i'm hearing this from a shop in town that sheldon deals with a lot, he also told me, that if sheldon doens't get a new quad from temecula yamaha, that he (the shop owner) will probably be buying sheldon a yfz450, so we might see him on one in huevos 6 [:D]

Ralph
07-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Paul400ex2002
oh my ralph you just know everything don't you. Talking about aftermarket... You can already buy a-arms, shocks, axles, full pipes, and swingarms etc will be out soon. And i'm not talking about gyt-r stuff either. Sparks, Lonestar, PEP, just to name a few already have yfz parts out. The yfz is going to dominate in mx, just you watch. The fact that kory ellis took a STOCK motor quad with all the suspension mods and a pipe on it and got 3rd in a pro production class is AWESOME. there is no way you could get a 400ex to that level with the amount of work spent on the yfz.

I think you're just jealous that yamaha has made a quad taylored to racers, and you don't have one. I bet you were saying the sames things about the z400 and kfx400 when they came out last year.

If u werent acting like a jack *** u would have read my original statement wich said finaly after almost 20 years they have a success dumbass...

Ralph
07-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Paul400ex2002

actualy i did, and the z's suck compared to my ex. if i realy was so jealus of the yfz i would sell my ex and buy one. But i like my ex just fine!

Paul400ex2002
07-10-2003, 12:03 PM

ummm this looks like you're saying they still haven't made a good quad?:confused:

edit: i just scanned the whole post, no where have you stated that yamaha has finally had a success

Z400central
07-10-2003, 12:59 PM
why must we all fight? ever heard the saying "it doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you ride?"

http://www.yfzcentral.com/

DBL-D49
07-10-2003, 01:32 PM
tell me a few pros that run banshees or raptors in xc, same with mx. And when i say Winner i mean the best.

Doug Eichner, and then Travis Spader used to rule in Open pro classes a few years ago on highly modified Banshee's riding under the DuncanRacing tent, even though they weren't stock chassis', but none of the top pro's use them anyway, not counting production classes. Doug doesn't seem to care about the GNC's anymore, and Spader retired, which is ashamed. Spader was about the smoothest rider I ever seen race a quad. I'm not brand loyal, but, atleast a quad was produced like we've all been wanting. Maybe Honda will release something so there will be more competition in the MX pro-production class. I loves me some motocrossing on quads. The more, the merrier.

YLW400
07-10-2003, 02:55 PM
I should of known I was arguing with a 14 yr old. :ermm: I am not al about "brand loyalty" myself. If something better then a 400EX comes out, maybe I'll buy it. I ride every weekend, and race basically every other weekend. Do you know what I do when I get home??? I wash it off and put it in the garage. People who talk down upon EX's make me laugh. Half of the people that talk poop about them, probably can ride them no where near their potential anyway. . Oh and gimme a break about setting up a "Raptor" for MX...you have to be kidding me. For 660 cc's, they aren't worth a damn......Sure it's fine if you want to have one of the faster quads on the block....in a straight line that is.....but for MX....keep it off the track...:)

newjacksm
07-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
I should of known I was arguing with a 14 yr old. :ermm: I am not al about "brand loyalty" myself. If something better then a 400EX comes out, maybe I'll buy it. I ride every weekend, and race basically every other weekend. Do you know what I do when I get home??? I wash it off and put it in the garage. People who talk down upon EX's make me laugh. Half of the people that talk poop about them, probably can ride them no where near their potential anyway. . Oh and gimme a break about setting up a "Raptor" for MX...you have to be kidding me. For 660 cc's, they aren't worth a damn......Sure it's fine if you want to have one of the faster quads on the block....in a straight line that is.....but for MX....keep it off the track...:)

:rolleyes:

jelousey ( sp ) sucks ehh

YLW400
07-11-2003, 12:39 AM
You obviously didn't read a thing I wrote.

Ralph
07-11-2003, 04:22 AM
I SAID IT TOOK THEM 20 YEARS TO COME OUT WITH SOMETHING TOP OFF THE LINE!!!! do U UNDERSTAND ARE YOU RETARDE D? HOW AM I BEING "BRAND ROYAL". IM SAYING IT IS A GOOD QUAD BUT IT TOOK THEM 20 YEARS TO MAKE A TOP OF THE LINE QUAD I WOULD CONSIDER BUYING. JESUS!!!

AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ME BEING 15?

YLW400
07-11-2003, 05:08 AM
For one there numbnuts, I wasn't talking to you .......

danyeo
07-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Here is a pic of a Dale and the new Yammi, it's not my pic. but the other post said it was a race.

Paul400ex2002
07-12-2003, 10:44 AM
I SAID IT TOOK THEM 20 YEARS TO COME OUT WITH SOMETHING TOP OFF THE LINE!!!! do U UNDERSTAND ARE YOU RETARDE D? HOW AM I BEING "BRAND ROYAL". IM SAYING IT IS A GOOD QUAD BUT IT TOOK THEM 20 YEARS TO MAKE A TOP OF THE LINE QUAD I WOULD CONSIDER BUYING. JESUS!!!

AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ME BEING 15?

show me where you ever said it took them that long to come out with a top of the line quad, you never said anything about them making a quad that is top of the line that you might want to buy.

Bender
07-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Your opion of Yamaha making a "top of the line" quad is all relative. It's your opinion. Not a fact. You judge Yamaha's last 20 years by your own set criteria. Yamaha has been a huge sucsess to ATV's and Sport ATV's period. Not everyone races MX. Most don't race MX. The Banshee is a legend, just as much as the 250R was(is). I have a good feeling Honda will respond. And wouldn't it be great if Kawasaki was making a real sport ATV, instead of whoring Suzuki's Z? Bring back the Tecate! but a 450 4 stroke. I think Yamaha deserves a lot of respect. It's the "kick in the ***" the sport ATV scene needs. A true sign we are starting to be taken seriously.

07-15-2003, 11:58 AM
ok kids we all know for a fact that everyone here has the best machine on the planet i dont care if you have a banshee,400ex,predator whatever why does everyone get bent out of shape over stock vs. stock honestly who here rides a bone stock machine. not one person!!! that is why we have all these companies supplkying our little addiction called atv's It all matters on what you are gonna do with that quad!! hands down no doubt about it i get the biggest kick out of everyone on hear bithcing about the price of a stock machine when in the end you have the farthest thing from stock. ""oh my 400ex is the best machine ever, even though i have 15000 stuck into it. The only thing that matters is how much money you have and how good you can ride!!!!!!!!!

07-15-2003, 12:02 PM

just was thinkin that...

Paul400ex2002
07-19-2003, 09:54 AM
all i gotta say is you guys who don't think the new yammy is good, need to shut the hell up until you ride one :D . I rode one today and i was more comfortable after one lap on it than i am on my 400ex. It handles awesome, the suspension is awesome for stock, and it's got arm ripping power.

jamiesel
07-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by danyeo
Here is a pic of a Dale and the new Yammi, it's not my pic. but the other post said it was a race.

It is my pic, it was a drag race... I have since taken out the peashooter and it is a very considerable power increase but louder then I can get away with in my riding area.

I still like the Dale better but this new yammie will definately jumpstart the industry.

ill_lil_romey
07-23-2003, 10:14 AM
I agree with everything Bender said. I am honda till I die, but the new yamaha is going to bring our sport to a new level. It is very close to race ready, and for most riders under A or Pro class it will be perfect. For years quad racing hasn't been in the public eye, and the factories have strayed away from it, but with the addition of the yfz450, the z-400/kfx 400, hopefully honda won't be far behind. Don't you see the new era that these bikes are taking our sport to? It used to be that the average joe couldn't afford to get into quad racing, but now, just like with the dirt bikes you can go buy a bike off the show room floor and make minimal changes to it and be competitive. I see factory support in the near future for quad racing. And the yfz450 will be the gateway to this new era. But that still doesn't mean I'll be getting one;) I hang my hat on honda, and I'm willing to stand behind the fact that good things come to those who wait.:devil:

flyin#5
07-23-2003, 10:27 AM
prove me wrong, banshee now we all know it wasnt a succes, i own one and i dont like it. Blaster, i wonder why everone sells them for bigger quads. raptor, do i need to explain? now yamaha, their first sport quad was the 200sx

no that is one of the first honda sport quads.... i have one in my garage. fun little machine holds well to a beating:devil: this looks to me like the best yamaha yet but the problem is we have nothing to compare it to besides a cannondale and i havnt seen many posts on this so who knows?

DirtDiggler
07-23-2003, 12:19 PM
If there is no new Honda I'll buy a YZF change the pipe, filter, jets. I read somewhere that all 3 shocks are fully rebuildable so I'll have all three shocks rebuilt by PEP to ZPS if possible. I think that would be a pretty sweet bike for the cost and I would be reusing the stock shocks.

I've ridden a rebuilt PEP zps rear and it performed excellent.