PDA

View Full Version : rolled the ex.....twice...parts please

400exbiggun
06-25-2003, 02:30 PM
ok, let me tell ya how it happened first

Today was one of my days off, and my friend just got off of work, so we wnt up to a place called 7-hills. They have tons of hill climbs, and there are 2 quarries there. So we did some hillclimbs, then about 2 hrs into the ride, we wanted to get closer to the quarry, cause there was like 40 people swimming down there. We stopped and talked to a 300ex rider, who just moved up here, and we told him about some trails. So anyway, we were going down a trail, and it gets really tight. On the right there is a fence, on the left is a VERY STEEP drom off. Never the less, i went down, in like 2nd 1/4 throttle, my left tire clipped a root, it pushed me into the fence, i bounced back, and the rest is history. The ex and i went over the dropoff, it flipped twice, landed on my chest, only got stuck my a tree, and my foot. it was stuck on the right side, with the a-arms around the tree, i was stuck under the quad, and yelled to my friend, he helped my up, but it was in a strange position, that we could not get it out. So he raced back up the the 300ex rider, and they both came back to move it around. WE got it back and then slowely went back down the dropoff, and back to the rr tracks. If it was not for friendly people there, my quad would still be wraped around a tree. if it was not for the tree, the only thing left, would most likely be the gas cap, it was a while down.
Gotta give it to honda, only little stuff wrong, for a big wreck.
ok, i don't know if i need a steering stem or what, but i had to ride the road to get home, and the front end bounced back and forth, and the tires are tilted a lil to the left, and the bars are right, soooo?
also there is a bearing on the bottom of the stem right, if so that is shot.
parts needed....
that bearing
a-arms
bumper
bars(want renthal, they only are a tiny bit tweeked)
poss fenders
rear brake pads
clutch lever,
brake lever
subframe, mine is a little /, but not from that wreck
and possibly a steering stem
not all of that got hurt in the wreck, but most of them
yeah when i go fast it shakes and wobbles pretty gnarly some times.
please if you are gona list parts, list the lowest price, i was not really prepared for this, i need to save for a car, not put a grand into a quad, unlike the blaster.

Live2Ride300
06-28-2003, 08:44 AM
From the way you described how your front end felt when you rode it back, you deffinatly need new tie rods. They go for around 6 or 7 bux each, not that expensive. Glad you weren't hurt in the wreck.

400exbiggun
06-28-2003, 08:53 AM
my steering stem was bent too, it has a bow in it. just landed in a pile of poison ivy, all over, had to get steriods (sp) from the doc to get rid of the poison.

Rider#11
06-28-2003, 04:07 PM
i got a stock 400 bumper..e mail me at ZebZman@aol.com

quader400
06-28-2003, 04:42 PM
i have a painted black stock front bumper, 15 bucks, stock clutch, 10 bucks, and have red stock plastic. the rear has a crack in the back but i fixed it with red twist ties barley noticible i can get pics of it if you want. 65.

anywhereEx
06-30-2003, 11:37 AM
I have everything that you are looking for. Pm me and we will talk.

400exbiggun
07-02-2003, 08:18 AM
did you get my pm:(