PDA

View Full Version : Wellsville

400ex45
06-25-2003, 01:57 PM
i just want to see some riding pic of people at wellsville ohio. i am thinking of going down there this weekend i heard it is a great place to ride.

300exOH
06-25-2003, 05:40 PM
The only pic I could find

MOFO
06-26-2003, 12:41 AM
Is the riding around there legal? Where do you guys park? I've heard from some people that there is good riding that way....

400ex45
06-26-2003, 01:41 AM
i know it is legal but i dont know if you have to pay or anything. i have never been there i just heard it was a great place to ride.

400ex45
06-26-2003, 01:42 AM
is that hill really step or does it just look like that from that angle.

MOFO
06-26-2003, 01:43 AM
Yep, I dont think you pay either...I just didnt want farmer joe or the local neighborhood chewing me out a new arse for riding there...

blackraptor01
06-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Its legal riding there. There are some pay camp grounds at the trail heads. goto paatving.com and check out some of the post about it.

MOFO
06-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Sweet....thanks! I'll check that out...

400ex45
06-26-2003, 07:45 AM
hey i think we are going down this weekend can someone give me directions on how to get there and what would be the best camp area i heard there was a couple around there.

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 09:22 AM
wellsville is a great place to ride if you like rocky hill climbing cause there is a buch of it and i hope ya like dust cause you'll be eating it all day that's the prob at wellsville is the dust and the crazy one armed drunks on banshees other that that it's a blast been there several times i really don't know how to get ya there don't really know any of the road names other than ya get off the highway and cruise down this one road and then turn into some cement depot or somthing like that and then you follow this gravel road that runs along the river for what seems like forever and you start thinking your in BFE but don't worry just keep folowing it then ya just park where ever floats your boat oh ya and it doesn't cost nothing to ride, and nobody has a clue who actually owns another word of advice is stay away from the natives that camp there a little cooky if you know what i mean it's like a bunch of urban legends all gathered there or somthing

06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
Is this the place were that movie was made with all the weirdo's in it???? :huh

crazycasey
06-26-2003, 09:55 AM
remember that show Pete and Pete?

it took place in a town called Wellsville....i know, im an idiot

UglyMotha™
06-26-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Is this the place were that movie was made with all the weirdo's in it???? :huh

are you talking about deliverance, if so, no that took place in west virginia at a place called bills camp ground wellsville is in ohio :blah:

06-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
are you talking about deliverance, if so, no that took place in west virginia at a place called bills camp ground wellsville is in ohio :blah:

NO the movie name was wellsville.. they cured people with weird drugs, special baths, etc, etcv, etc, had ferris buller in it.. and anthony hopkins..

Old movie i think...it was called " The road to wellsville" based on a true story I believe..:cool:

blackraptor01
06-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Here are some directions someone posted on paatving.com from Pgh "route 30 off of route 22 west of pittsburg, that will take you right to east liverpool ohio. in east liverpool, pick up 7 south and exit at route 39. (like 8 minutes on route 7.)go right on 39. third street on left, turn left. (there will be signs at that intersection. signs for oaktree campground and the forrbidden zone campground. go to oaktree, better parking.) go to stop sign and turn left. (follow sign) go down that road untill you come to a sharp turn to the left. dont turn, drive straight off the road, your there. you will see a small camper, stop there to pay the guy or drop your 10 bucks in the slot. trust me its worth your money"

Thats it!!!

UglyMotha™
06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by blackraptor01
you will see a small camper, stop there to pay the guy or drop your 10 bucks in the slot. trust me its worth your money"

Thats it!!!

whaaa i went there several times last year i remember a crapload of campers, but we have never had to pay of all the times we been there :confused: