PDA

View Full Version : ac bumper tight fit...

tants
06-25-2003, 01:24 PM
i just got my new style ac stadium bumper for my 250r...

i only had a few minutes to fool around with it,,, and it seemd like a tight fit, i might have to use some elbow greese to get it to fit perfect...

did any of you have trouble putting your ac bumpers on? what did you do or use to make it a perfect fit?

quadrcr87
06-25-2003, 01:35 PM
ive had to modify and play with every ac part i own bumper, grab bar.skid plates. nerfs

tants
06-25-2003, 01:38 PM
ive herd of the nerfs being a hassle...

what was wrong with your bumper? how did you fix it??

my grabbar slipped right on...

quadrcr87
06-25-2003, 01:44 PM
i had to put it in a vice and spread the mounts our a little. i also redrilled the holes a little. it looks good in the end

toby400ex
06-25-2003, 01:48 PM
its all just how stuff gets welded:o

AtvMxRider
06-25-2003, 01:51 PM
I had alittle bit of trouble with my bumper and nerfs. I just had to keep messing with them and they finally bolted up.

CHAUNCY
06-25-2003, 01:52 PM
AC craftsmanship is very bad IMO, especially the nerf bars that I have had. You probably will have to use a vice to spread the mounts like quadrcr87 said:ermm:

06-25-2003, 02:06 PM
my AC bumper when i first went to install it..the very last bolt i went to put in...would not lline up....so i wa slike wtf..took all the bolts out..i put them in in a different order and everything lined up perfectly:confused: ....ant about the nerfs..i have had problems with every set of nerf bars that i ahve had to get them to mount right up...i usualy have to pull on the peg part and stick the bolt in....its weird but its gets the job done

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
All my stuff bolted right up...

RideRed400StYlE
06-25-2003, 03:25 PM
yeah, my ac bumper was a wierd fit, but I love the product. I just used some elbow grease. my nerfs were the same way. I just used a ratcheting tie down to pull it into place. lol

wilson10
06-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Thought the same about my new bumper.......it was crooked as hell. Took it off and came to find that on the lower flat mounting bars, the lengths are different. Even has the sizes stamped on them one says 7 ands other says 7 1/4...............Needless to say they are sending a new one but that was 2 weeks ago and called today and still hasn't gone out :mad: We will see though. Engine skid went on fine, swing arm skid needed to be put on drill press but it fits like a champ now too!

DEAL
06-26-2003, 01:30 AM
My bumper is a pain in the *** to get on ... but thats because its bent. When I first got it it slipped right on with no problems. I love it.

ZRider400
06-26-2003, 03:06 AM
i only had trouble with a AC bumper from my old blaster that wouldnt line up..... but everything else i ever put on The Z lined up perfect.

sly400ex
06-26-2003, 03:35 AM
My AC bumper was crooked on my R too:rolleyes:

user101
06-26-2003, 07:35 AM
mine was off pretty bad to. the bottom mounts were off by 1/4 in. and the top ones were off by about 1/8in. i put it in a vice and took the hammer to it. needless to say i fixed the problem:p

Chef
06-26-2003, 07:43 AM
My Stadium used to look crooked. I bolted it up in a different order and it worked though?

XANDADA
06-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr87
i had to put it in a vice and spread the mounts our a little. i also redrilled the holes a little. it looks good in the end

Same here, not even close to bolt-n-go but in the end it worked out. Hammer, vice & drill are AC's best freinds :eek: :grr: :blah:

I do have to admit having to do the same with my Graydon & DG too. :rolleyes:

Mr_Bub400ex
06-26-2003, 03:10 PM
my DG bumper went on perfect but is bent a bit to the left... as for the nerfs, get arens, they're easy to put on.:D BTW i am gonna sell it the bumper for an AC or and arens if he makes one

Jnine
06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
I am curious... So why do you buy them???

Post after post talks about ratcheting, bending, and pounding nerfs into place, and yet there is a nerf offered to members of this site with free shipping, a better surface finish, stronger thicker wall tubing, plated metric fasteners, and most importantly a guarantee they WILL FIT the first time with no demolition tools.

Do you prefer parts of questionable quality, zero manufacturing and tolerance control, poor fit, and bloody knuckles? If so I'm sure you can find a most stimulating session at Helgas House of Pain!

quadrcr87
06-26-2003, 04:59 PM
jnine that was a very good post! but you dont have nerfs for a 250x do you. and i got sponsored by ac. i just wish they would read these posts and improve quality

XANDADA
06-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Jnine, didn't know you had bumpers? I don't see any on your website, can you post some pics? I was gonna order a Roll Design w/ mud screen one pretty soon.

Pappy
06-27-2003, 02:02 AM
2 reasons why ac and dg still outsell all others....

EASE OF PURCHASE

AND PRICE

todays consumers will not wait. a select segment may be patient but the mass body of the buying public wants it now. and add to that some 15 year old with his birthday money and the problem gets worse.

solution....

make it easier for the buyer to purchase your products. try and keep costs within reason and have the best customer service department you can afford.

my 2 cents

:)

DEAL
06-27-2003, 04:22 AM
I like the looks of their products and they seem durable for the most part.

Mr_Bub400ex
06-27-2003, 01:14 PM
i dont think john makes a bumper but he should...hint hint. same material as nerfs and polish it too and ill give u another call john;)

Jnine
06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
I have a bumper designed, but we're not going to release it until I've got the frames & a-arms on their way. I have a few other aluminum parts coming in the next couple months also.

Talk to you later!

JA

tants
06-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
I have a bumper designed, but we're not going to release it until I've got the frames & a-arms on their way. I have a few other aluminum parts coming in the next couple months also.

Talk to you later!

JA

thanks for the advertisment :confused2

user101
06-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Jnine...will ur nerfs work with Roll Design pegs. from the pics it doesnt look as if they will because they mount on the backside of the peg. :ermm: thats the only reason i havent purchased a set yet

Jnine
06-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Actually they will work with Roll design pegs. I did sell a set to a guy with Roll design pegs recently, and I didn't know that's what he was using until afterwards when he called me to tell me they went right on. I am not sure which side of the peg he mounted them on however.

Ralph
06-27-2003, 04:41 PM
i would be glad to model some of ur 400ex aluminum parts for you:D

06-28-2003, 02:58 AM
yes the bumpers are a big pain to install. i had to bend it out a lot

TagRider
06-30-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
2 reasons why ac and dg still outsell all others....

EASE OF PURCHASE

AND PRICE

todays consumers will not wait. a select segment may be patient but the mass body of the buying public wants it now. and add to that some 15 year old with his birthday money and the problem gets worse.

solution....

make it easier for the buyer to purchase your products. try and keep costs within reason and have the best customer service department you can afford.

my 2 cents

:) Ditto. The fit might not be as good as others but you can at least count on getting their parts. When they say they're going to have something ready by a certain date it always is.