PDA

View Full Version : what pipe to get?

Paul400ex2002
06-25-2003, 10:24 AM
My motor should be getting a 416 kit with a high comp piston, cam, hardened rockers, new valve springs, porting, etc. My builder said that those mods combined with a fcr39 and either a white brothers e-series pro meg, or yoshimura full system, yielded the most power on their dyno. I was wondering if anybody with a setup like mine could tell me what pipe they recommend?

Black400
06-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Get lrd, sparks, or gt thunder all great pipes:devious: other than that do a search:rolleyes:

Bad Habit
06-25-2003, 10:47 AM
You're building the same basic thing that I did. I have the White Pro-Meg. Here's my $.02

This p*o*s pipe has broken on me twice in less that a year. I do not MX or crash it every other time I'm on it so it's not from overly hard use. They say that they stand behind them. What you have to do is send them your broken pipe and they fix it for you (actually they send you someone elses repaired pipe and throw yours back into the "to-be-repaired bin"). The last headpipe I was sent was so egg shaped on the end, I could not get it to seal up with the silencer. Their answer to me was to ship it back to them (my cost) or take it to a muffler shop and have them reshape the end of the pipe (my cost). So, to make a short story long;) , I wouldn't go with the White pipe.

I would lean towards the Yoshi based on the results from a 250EX, DS650 and Craptor that I ride with. There are a couple of other pipes that would make sense for you. I was going to get a Sparks X6 but alot of the guys on this site have really got me interested in the Hetrick pipe. These two pipes will flow more volume than the White or Yoshi and you will need that with the carb,cam,headwork combination you're doing. But again, I think you will do alright with the Yoshi.

06-25-2003, 10:53 AM
with what you got i would say go CT, HMF, or the Yoshi system. yes the white bros will be good but i would say CT, HMF, or the Yoshi will be better. hope u decide on a pipe and let us know.

Paul400ex2002
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
i think i've narrowed it down to the sparks, ct high output, and hmf. Anybody else got some input?

Natertot426ex
06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
I have the WB promeg on my 426. I think it is awesome. Have had it since December and have had no problems with it breaking or anything. Pulls long and hard.

crap-banshee32
06-25-2003, 11:11 AM
sparks!!

06-25-2003, 11:14 AM
i agree

Black400
06-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
You're building the same basic thing that I did. I have the White Pro-Meg. Here's my $.02

This p*o*s pipe has broken on me twice in less that a year. I do not MX or crash it every other time I'm on it so it's not from overly hard use. They say that they stand behind them. What you have to do is send them your broken pipe and they fix it for you (actually they send you someone elses repaired pipe and throw yours back into the "to-be-repaired bin"). The last headpipe I was sent was so egg shaped on the end, I could not get it to seal up with the silencer. Their answer to me was to ship it back to them (my cost) or take it to a muffler shop and have them reshape the end of the pipe (my cost). So, to make a short story long;) , I wouldn't go with the White pipe.

I would lean towards the Yoshi based on the results from a 250EX, DS650 and Craptor that I ride with. There are a couple of other pipes that would make sense for you. I was going to get a Sparks X6 but alot of the guys on this site have really got me interested in the Hetrick pipe. These two pipes will flow more volume than the White or Yoshi and you will need that with the carb,cam,headwork combination you're doing. But again, I think you will do alright with the Yoshi.

Aren't Hetrick and sparks made by the same people?

Bad Habit
06-25-2003, 03:30 PM
I have no idea about Sparks and Hetrick being made by the same people. Just from looking at pics (not a very thorough method) the silencers appear to be very similar, but the head pipes look slightly different. Sparks appears to use shorter one-piece runners to the collector whereas the Hetrick has a two-piece runner on the right side exhaust port.

Diedrich
06-25-2003, 06:23 PM
TC, LRD, or sparks...i like the TC myself but thats just a preference.they're all really good pipes

Cody_300ex
06-26-2003, 09:44 AM
sparks