PDA

View Full Version : HRC Power Up Kit

aussieex
06-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi guys went into the local honda dealer today to enquire about a hrc cam, they said they can only get it in a power up kit , hrc cam, high comp piston, stiffer clutch springs ,gasket kit. Anyone heard of this kit or know what comp the piston is? Dealers dont know much about EXs down here in Australia. Oh just got through grinding header welds and removing choke tomorrow let ya know how she goes .

06-24-2003, 07:05 PM
I wouldnt be suprised at all if things were different down there but it sounds like a well staged scam even if its true.

Funny how much effort can be put into seperating people and their money.

I would be pretty sure you could get someone here in the states to ship you just what you need, but I am not sure on the ship costs etc and if they would get too expensive or how much more or less the parts would cost you local and any advantage or dis advantages etc.

Then again the list they are selling you sounds like things you would want eventually anyhow so maybe its not all bad.

Sorry I cant offer any info on the specs for the piston comp etc, but I would expect it would be more inline with the xr400 and I would be suspect on the cam grind also. If you really want it to perform you will want more than the stk xr400 set up.

Hope that helps.

JD400exrider
06-24-2003, 08:35 PM
I beleive the piston is a 11.1 compression. The hop up kit also comes with a gear that goes in the clutch side of the motor. It is called a primary gear. The gear for the xr 400 does not fit the ex 400 from what i was told. I just bought the cam only. Bought a JE 10.8-1 piston. The kit is expensive even from service honda. If you are after a whole kit try service honda. One of the guys in the shop had put together a hop up kit for the ex 400. It would be cheeper to buy the cam only and order the other stuff locally.

Just a thought
Good Luck