PDA

View Full Version : pls help! Electrical Problem!

littlemiss
06-24-2003, 05:23 PM
I was rideing yesterday (for 3hrs)and as it got dark i turned on my head light, and it killed the motor(instant like you hit the off switch).First it was only the low beam that was out then high beam died as well.Now if you turn it on low beam there is no power to the starter or even the green netral light.Nothing.If you turn it on high beam it starts and runs fine,but only the rear light comes on, no head light at all.

Anyone have any idea where to start looking for the problem.The wires look fine, the switches are clean inside,and the light appears fine inside as well.Batterie is charged.No sign of anything burnt, pinched ,worn or anything. :ermm: It was pressure washed really good the day before so it could be a water related short. :rolleyes:

1997 Honda 300EX

300exOH
06-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Sounds like a definate short. I'd double check the wires where they intersect around the steering stem and maybe check for water in the switch. I had wire on my kids quad that wore against another wire so I couldn't see it until I really started digging in. Electrical probs give me headaches. Good luck.