PDA

View Full Version : Rock Hill MX (CT)

EX 80
06-24-2003, 05:02 PM
http://www.ctmotocross.com/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=6

Check it out.

KrazyKid300ex
06-25-2003, 03:29 AM
about damn time they did something for my state. im not much for all the BS we NEED to have like nerfs,kill switch and alittle more because im selling my quad and im not going to have money to buy a new quad and parts for it for awhile.

Lasher
06-25-2003, 03:39 AM
KrazyKid - you need to have those items, because this is a motocross practice track. Not a afternoon out in the pits.

A quad only track at Rocky Hill started about 4 years ago with the previous owner. Finally the track has been built, but Tony is not in this for the money. He is Tony Larusso (sp?) the big time motocross bike rider. He does this for the love of the sport.

So yes, you MUST have all the normal NEATV Tech Inspection type stuff. Including MX boots and riding pants.

Another thing, up until this year the bikes could ride in the pits. Now they must push the bikes, because of some yahoos. Right now we are allowed to ride in the pits, but I feel a lot of pity to the poor soul that screws around. If Tony does not kick them out first, we quad riders will.

Too many of us have waited (and pushed for) this track for jerks to take it away. So hopefully with all the "safety" feature rules the jerks will stay home. Not to mention, why would you want to ride a MX track without nerfs? Foot slides off foot peg when landing a jump?

Oh, I will be going there Thursday afternoon to check it out.

EX 80
06-25-2003, 05:14 AM
I might check it out sunday.

KrazyKid300ex
06-25-2003, 05:46 AM
Too many of us have waited (and pushed for) this track for jerks to take it away. So hopefully with all the "safety" feature rules the jerks will stay home. Not to mention, why would you want to ride a MX track without nerfs? Foot slides off foot peg when landing a jump?

Well Well Well:mad: , maybe if you read my post I will NOT have the MONEY because i will be buying A NEW quad and won't have any more money to buy anything for awhile. maybe if we didn't need nerfs. Man this state is full of dumbasses at times but i have racing boots. that should be good enough. guess ill have to wait awhile before i go to the track. i'll let you know when i go and maybe we can hang out and play race:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:. nice thing he is trying to do but it not get anywhere where i have to push my quad. lol but anyways ill have to check it out in the mean time because im not riding my quad anymore until i sell it

Lasher
06-25-2003, 07:32 AM
I did not mean all that in a bad way. I hear you on the money issue. It took a whole year to piece together my R where I could not race it.

I agree with you on the pushing a quad thing. But that is why I do not want anyone being a jerk down there. So I will not have to push it to the track. And from what I hear, Tony will throw you out really quick.

Get the quad and save for the nerfs. I have ridden a quad without nerfs and wearing riding boots. And my foot did slip off a couple times. Without boots, I am sure I would have hurt my ankle.

My whole point is this. If you want the track to be there for a while, then we need to act correctly and follow the rules. This way while you are waiting for the nerfs, the quad only track will not be closed because of idiots.

I will race you anytime at the track... :)

KrazyKid300ex
06-25-2003, 07:40 AM
**** you have an R. damn.... umm lets see i we can use boots and not have nerfs. i will get them... when i have the money

WalshKFX
06-25-2003, 07:43 AM
i cant wait. i have been waiting foir this for so long. ill i need is the switch and im golden. where and how much is kill switch. cant wait to see u guys out there

Lasher
06-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Yeah. I started racing on my Banshee and need to make a decision. Either drop money into the Banshee for MX or drop money into an R. I choose the R and spent about 2 years doing stuff to the R (nothing is stock). I never once regretted it. Now my wife rides the Banshee and I use that as a back up racer.

Take your time getting the stuff you want. Your young and have plenty of time. Do it right and the way you want it done. Worth it for me to wait over a year to race the R the way I wanted to.

Lasher
06-25-2003, 07:48 AM
You can get a kill switch at any local quad/bike dealer. I prefer the Pro Design clip type over the other brand plug type.

I would not advise buying it on the way to the track and putting it on there. Don't think Tony would like that. But it only takes a few minutes to install at the house. All my quads have a kill switch.

Lippy91
06-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Hey Guys , The RH track is short and the cornering is tight . But Tony is up for any suggestions. Its a step in the right direction.

EX 80
06-25-2003, 11:24 PM
any one that goes take some pics :cool:

redrizza
06-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Ok, maybe not worthless.. but WE WANT PICS :) Vince go do some nac nac, tail wips over the jumps there and post them :eek2:

Lasher
06-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Go to ctmotocross.com under the forums. There is a section called Quad Talk where some one posted a bunch of pictures.

redrizza
06-26-2003, 01:08 AM
Nice, thanks.... I see Jason Hyde was over there rippin it up that day. :)

EX 80
06-26-2003, 05:18 AM
sweet pics,

ha, nac nac's and tail whips thats funny.

I'm happy just to clear a jump. If i feel comfortable on a jump all i will do is a small tweak. They are small but i am working on it.