PDA

View Full Version : Got my cam back

luvmyex
06-24-2003, 08:59 AM
I,like so many other had the flange work loose on my st II hotcam.Well i took it out contacted Tony @ hotcams.He Replied very fast to my emails.They sent a return slip.then i sent the cam back last Monday.I recived the new one today (Tuesday a week) Pretty fast service i think.I will say this new cam with the flange already on there looks much better than the old the had the stock flange.The new one covers all the threads and looks much beefier than the stock one did.I commend hotcams in dealing with a serious problem quickly.And love the hit of the stage II.cant wait to get it back togeather now.Then soon to come a new carb!!!

cals400ex
06-24-2003, 06:32 PM
so how does your bike run? i know its not put together yet but with the old cam in, how did it compare to some of the competiton? if you had to do it over again, would you change anything like cams, piston size or brand, etc?

luvmyex
06-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Nope i do it just the same again.I really like the way it runs after the rebuild.Allthough i about to put a 39 FCR on there.I cant wait to get it and see the differance.Im hoping that i can get beside someone and just walk away from em.I can out run every one that i ride with in a race.But my friends Z is pretty close.I want to smoke em all!LOL

remlapr
06-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Good to hear they took care of it - I have went from swearing I would never put one in my bike 3 months ago to now seriously considering it again. I commend them on realizing they had a problem and fixing it and taking care of all the people that had already spend their $$.

mikeboone
06-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Whats goin on Ex? You and I are gonna have to line up sometime (I run Rockingham Dragway alot for fun) Wish I had a Hotcam with the new type flange; it sounds much better. :)

luvmyex
06-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey Mike,I'll try ya.I havent lost but one race so far.And that was at hatfield against a z i usually beat.Wasnt running well in the thin air.Have you checked you flange?It would be a good idea if you havent.Mine was on tight as dicks hatband when i installed it.Really loose 3 months later.

bmw500hp
06-26-2003, 11:23 AM
luvmyex.

The hot setup around here is the fcr 39 and the hrc cam. It just happens to be popular in this neck of the woods. Here are the 2 grinds comparitively.

Hot cam II .346 .338 254 254
HRC .350 .339 254 256

As you can see, the specs are very close. If it's any consolation, Z's are no where in the ballpark...most run 15/36's with no limiters and rev sky high.

luvmyex
06-26-2003, 01:18 PM
I think my jetting was just off for that alt. It didnt run well a;; weekend up there.Im not telling anyone about the carb.I want it to be a supprize for em!