PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

hondarider2006
06-24-2003, 07:58 AM
I ordered my new wb e-series slip-on last friday, and it will be in this week. I don't want to re-jet, so I was wondering if having the k&n airfilter will make it run right? I read that just putting the slip-on on, will make it run to lean. Will removing my air box lid and using the k&n filter make it rich enough? Thanks for the input.

Ryan
06-24-2003, 08:04 AM
As far as I know, a slip-on won't effect your jetting to much, or at all.

If it does have any affect in the jetting, your better off rejetting it the right way.

06-24-2003, 08:25 AM
with a k&n filter with no lid u will be running leaner then with just the slip on...lean means getting too much air for the amount of gas...with a new filter u will get more air causing it to be more lean

Bill Fuller
06-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Removing the airbox lid and using the K&N air filter will make it run leaner,not richer.If you have not already bought the K&N then I would suggest a foam filter( UNI/Twinair)the K&N lets in to much trash.You don't have to adjust the jetting if you dont NEED to,install the pipe then decide.And as for running with the lid off if you ride trails or race XC then leave it on,you'll be happy you did when your waiting on your buddies machine to dry out cause he just had to try and pass you in that creek.:rolleyes:

Bill Fuller
06-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Dang I type slow:cuss:

hondarider2006
06-24-2003, 09:56 AM
I think I will just leave it as it is than. I already have the k&n filter on, and I am alreay running a FMF powercoreIV, I haven't jetted it and it runs fine. So do you think that I will have to do anything when the wb comes in and I put it on?

06-24-2003, 11:26 AM
probably not if ur bike runs fine now...but if u r running lean u can really mess stuff up...so if i was u i would make sure my jets r right

hondarider2006
06-24-2003, 11:38 AM
how can I tell if its running to lean? I'm not familar at all with the carb. on a 400. I know on a snowmachine, if its to lean, it will run like a raped ape. Does this only occur on 2 strokes?

lars
06-24-2003, 12:23 PM
just alittle tip. changing the main jet is very very easy almost as easy as putting in a spark plug. dont be affraid to tackle this job just ask for help and you will see how easy it really is. there is alot of very knowledgable people here im sure would be more then willing to help you if u do decide to change the main jet:cool: good luck

2K1 300EX
06-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Here's a link that will help you, it's for the pilot jet but the main jet is right next to it so you can use the same instructions.

http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/pilotjet.html

Here is another to help you get a better idea of jetting:

http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/jetting.html