PDA

View Full Version : Love those phone telemarketers

SGA
06-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Since everyone is asking A to Z questions, I will too. What do you do when you get a call from phone telemarketers? Most of the time I just hang up, but sometimes I mess with them, hard....

I say "wow, that sounds great!, i'll be right back" and set the phone down beside the chair and go back to watching TV.

I say in a weird voice to both men and women telemarketers, "What are you wearing?" Is it silky? They always hang up on that one.

I act real deaf sometimes, but act interested in their product. Them: "Mr Osborne, I have a deal for you"! Me real loud: "Cosborne? Nope, no one here by that name!" Them: NO, Osborne!" Me: Osborne! Oh yes, thats me! you have to speak up a bit, i'm kind of hard of hearing". I go on and on with them. I have them shouting into the phone. "We sell vinyl siding!" I say "Whats that? vinyl sliding? yep, we have a slide for the grandkids already!" They shout "NO, VINYL SIDING!"
I say, "oh, vinyl siding! That sounds real nice!" God I go on and on with them. ;)

TheRedRebel17
06-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Since everyone is asking A to Z questions, I will too. What do you do when you get a call from phone telemarketers? Most of the time I just hang up, but sometimes I mess with them, hard....

I say "wow, that sounds great!, i'll be right back" and set the phone down beside the chair and go back to watching TV.

I say in a weird voice to both men and women telemarketers, "What are you wearing?" Is it silky? They always hang up on that one.

I act real deaf sometimes, but act interested in their product. Them: "Mr Osborne, I have a deal for you"! Me real loud: "Cosborne? Nope, no one here by that name!" Them: NO, Osborne!" Me: Osborne! Oh yes, thats me! you have to speak up a bit, i'm kind of hard of hearing". I go on and on with them. I have them shouting into the phone. "We sell vinyl siding!" I say "Whats that? vinyl sliding? yep, we have a slide for the grandkids already!" They shout "NO, VINYL SIDING!"
I say, "oh, vinyl siding! That sounds real nice!" God I go on and on with them. ;)

I always hang up, but i will have to start messing with them:devil:

Tommy 17
06-24-2003, 04:48 AM
one time a lady called me and asked for my mom and dad...

i started screamin into the phone about how they died in a car crash aweek b4 that and how all these damn telemarketers callin and askin for my parents was driving me crazy and makin me flip out bc it reminded me of them... i fake cried itno the phone and the lady was like omg are u ok and all these stuff i was like do i sound ok... i had her goin on for about 5 mins or so then i started hysterically laughin at her about it... she was pissed but i thought it was funny...

when i ahve a girl at the house i tell her to start moanin in the background and when i'm talkin to them i'll abruptly butt into it and say something to the girl thats moanin like bend over lets try another position or something stupid and funny:devil:

CHAUNCY
06-24-2003, 04:50 AM
Barely any sales people ever call our house anymore:ermm:

Honda4trax250x
06-24-2003, 04:50 AM
i like holding down the buttons so they cant hear anything

and sometimes i act as if im really interested and let them do their whole sales pitch then i say no no thanks and i hang up

p@iNn3ck
06-24-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by SGA

I do that one all the time..... makes the wife mad!!! :devil: I tell her not to answer if the caller ID doesn't show up, but when she does and it's a tm they ask for me. She thinks its funny till I say "Hold on, I need to get a pen." Then I leave the phone on the table and go outside.:D

TheRedRebel17
06-24-2003, 04:53 AM
Im gonna have to try all of them. Telemarketers watch out:devil:

One timr i told them my parents went to prison for muder...they didnt last long...:D

06-24-2003, 05:10 AM
i say my daddy is in the ****ter..then just put the phone down and come back to the site...one time i yelled at one, told her never to call my hosue again, etc, i started cussing at her...i got a letter from that company telling my parents about it...my dad laughed but my mom was kinda upset

spiderrider04
06-24-2003, 05:39 AM
My mom answered the phone one time, and they asked for my dad and she told them that he was in the basement chopped up with the rest of the family. When she told me that I busted out laughing.

The guy hung up.:p

06-24-2003, 05:44 AM
one time they wouldnt let me go so i turned up the static on the tv real loud and started yellin i cant understand u and hes like stop it sir so then i made it louder and mumbled and hung up

hondafox440
06-24-2003, 10:49 AM
When they call during dinner and ask for my mom or dad, I say "No, sorry hes not here right now, but if you leave me your home phone number I can have him call back next time you're eating dinner..". Then they start apologizing and stuff and I just hang up.

stepupmx
06-24-2003, 11:01 AM
I just hang up.

honda400exrider
06-24-2003, 11:27 AM
I wanna try the moaning and groaning one... Or heres an idea, make it sound like the dad was beating the kid or some **** like that:p

400exrules
06-24-2003, 12:06 PM
start breathing real hard for no reason and blow in the talking piece, it hurts the ear lol, and push and hold the buttons when there talkin, that hurts the ears too if u hold it, oh ya, just start asking why, why, why, why and crap like that, gets em pissed off. Or you could be like wuts your name, then say, you sound sexy, wanna come share my whipped cream on your body, lmao

Nausty
06-24-2003, 12:43 PM
lmao, I always set it down. Then walk off, come back in 5 minutes be like they are right here and then come back in another couple minutes and be like "sorry they can't come to phone right now"

Rip_Tear
06-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Telemarketers are great! So much fun...

Its fun to ask them questions...

GetHigh250r
06-24-2003, 12:55 PM
next time they call if they ask for your dad be like " no he isnt here right now and if they ask for the spouse be like no he isnt here either" thats a good one...same if they ask for your mom...lol:D

sweet300ex
06-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by GetHigh250r
next time they call if they ask for your dad be like " no he isnt here right now and if they ask for the spouse be like no he isnt here either" thats a good one...same if they ask for your mom...lol:D
LMAO!

SGA
06-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Mac was telling me today when the carpet people call, ask them if they get blood out of carpet. When they say yes, say lots of blood? how bout walls, can you get blood off walls? I think its on the ceiling, can you get it off the ceiling?

quadfamily
06-24-2003, 06:35 PM
sometimes I play "Mary had a little lamb" with the keys over and over until they hang up.

KASCHAK
06-24-2003, 07:18 PM
i usually say they moved or there dead. heheh my number is blocked and unlisted so i very really get them calling here. :D

SGA
06-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
sometimes I play "Mary had a little lamb" with the keys over and over until they hang up.
LOL, I will do that...Its the only song I can play!:ermm:

Nausty
06-24-2003, 09:51 PM
lol, i'm gonna try that sometime. I'm gonna go practice right now lol.

lil400exman
06-25-2003, 02:33 AM
ask what they are wearing and when they say what they are wearing be like OMG you*** sickos b*s*t*** and stuff like that and freak em out.........;) :devil: i am going to try em all telemarketers watch out for exriders:macho

PhilMoore
06-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Get one of those hand-held air horns like they use to distract golfers or sporting events.

Blast it into the reciever.

We have a law in MN that they can't call anymore, so we have been fairly undisturbed for a while now.

GOMER007
06-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Or you could act all interested and then interrupt your self like O that sounds good I think i'll get YES that:blah:

JUSTINcredible
06-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
Get one of those hand-held air horns like they use to distract golfers or sporting events.

Blast it into the reciever.

We have a law in MN that they can't call anymore, so we have been fairly undisturbed for a while now.

they cant call at all or do we have to be put on a " do not call list"
cuz i have noticed they havent been calling her for a while and i liked messing with them

Ryan
06-25-2003, 09:03 AM
When they call here, I pretend to be the owner/spouse of the house..... then my find comes in the background sounding like a little kid. While im telling them im interested in there products or service I have my friend start screaming, then I say to my friend (or pretending son) "You SOB, Get your *** back to your room!" While making load belt sounds against the kitchen floor. As my friend runs off crying, the telemarketers seem very uninterested with doing business with me :D .

CHAUNCY
06-25-2003, 09:51 AM
What is the pattern for mary had a little lamb on the telephone ?

Glow Plug
06-25-2003, 11:08 AM
lmao these are awsome but almost no telemarketers phone here :grr: haha.

wilkin250r
06-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Sometimes I like to be real nice to them.

I had one selling basement siding, and I asked lots of questions about price, construction, possible options. Then they asked if they could send someone out to demo the products, I said sure.

They asked me what time would be good for the demo, I said as soon as I dig a basement. :devil:

DEAL
06-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Sometimes I like to be real nice to them.

I had one selling basement siding, and I asked lots of questions about price, construction, possible options. Then they asked if they could send someone out to demo the products, I said sure.

They asked me what time would be good for the demo, I said as soon as I dig a basement. :devil:

LOL that must have been good.

Sportrax10
06-25-2003, 01:38 PM
I used to do that, untill I accidently did it to my moms boss, LMAO. After that I just hang up. Whats the mary had a little lamb pattern?

cjpoole1
06-25-2003, 03:43 PM
they don't call my house, I have Privacy Director

2K400ex
06-25-2003, 03:51 PM
321 2333 222 399 3212333 322321

2K400ex
06-25-2003, 03:52 PM
thats marry had a lil lamb is sad i know that

cool 300ex
06-25-2003, 04:00 PM
I just hand up and so does my dad.My mom is like no i don't want whatever you are selling!!!:rolleyes: But no we got that thing where it block's them!LOL:D

300exracer
06-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah whenever they call us we just hang up and they are like "Hi sir you have just been aprovided for a.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeep" thats when we hang up!lmfao:devil:

dpizz450
06-25-2003, 04:26 PM
ha when they call my house i LOVE f*ckin wit them its soooo funny ill start pressin a bunch of buttons n **** n ill be like guess what number im pressin sum of them will hang up n sum will start guessin LMFAO then when they guess the rong number i go TEH PRICE IS WRONG ***** n they hang up lol

Honda4trax250x
06-25-2003, 06:02 PM
how many yelled back at u guys??? happens to me a lot:rolleyes:

hessianmx111
06-25-2003, 06:23 PM
i usually just hang up. i was over my friends house one time and his little brother picked up the phone, hes like 9, and the guy is like oh hello maam would you be interested in so and so and he plays along while signaling to his dad its a telemarketer and his dads like dammit woman i told you to fix me my supper, so get your *** off the phone and get to cookin bit**, and the telemarketers like oh sorry maam and hangs up. lol