PDA

View Full Version : What do you do???? please look!!!!!

jlhughes750
06-24-2003, 03:50 AM
the please look part was just to suck u in!!!!!!

Whats everyone do for work or school that allows them to frequent exriders so much??????????

Whats your job/carrer? how do you get to surf the net while your working????

If your a teenager and live at home, let us know, what do u plan to do with your life??????? other than sit in frt. of the computer???

Its hard to generalize quad riders and what they do.. i have met, farmers,roofers,lanscrapers,computer programers, a law student,machinists, junkyard and salvage shop owners,mechanics,plant workers,masons,etc.etc.etc.. i have met these people through racing GNCC and D6 Harescrambles and i'll tell u what, they have all been class acts!! really nice guys with nothing bad to say about anyone..... i'm sure they all think i'm a dirtbag , but there nice people!!!!!!!!

later, JLHughes#750

jlhughes750
06-24-2003, 03:53 AM
i'll b the first to reply!!! i work i a bodyshop, i do they paperwork and estimates... i'm the one who has to deal with the ins. companys!!!!!! ok job i guess!!!!!!!!

later, J

UglyMotha™
06-24-2003, 03:54 AM
i'm a mechanical engineer with my own office plus they gave me full internet access on my computer :uhoh: so that give me 8hrs a day to cruise until the boss comes in and reams my *** for not being productive enough :confused2

spiderrider04
06-24-2003, 03:57 AM
I'm 15 and live at home. As for what I want to do with my life, I don't know. As a job my mom thinks that I should be a designer engineer, designing what I have no idea.

As for the frequent visits to exrider, When I'm come home from school the first thing I do is come on here, then ride, then do my homework.

stace609
06-24-2003, 04:03 AM
I'm 18, married, and go to school part time for business. I don't know what I'm going to do for a career yet....
I'm on the computer a lot before I go to class...and at class...

SGA
06-24-2003, 04:03 AM
Heres a link to this subject from awhile back.
Whats your job? (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44871&highlight=engineer)

Crazy4bluEx
06-24-2003, 04:08 AM
Im 16 i live at home, i mow lawns with a landscaping company, and i jus applied to Mccdonalds *yes i am going to be a burger flipper* but at 16, whatever brings the paper...

i would like to run my own buisness when i "grow old" , whether its a car audio shop, tinting shop, doesnt matter, i just want my own buisness

*K*

Tommy 17
06-24-2003, 04:17 AM
i'm goin to college for CRIMINOLOGY (SP?) and them i'm gonna go and become a STATE COP:macho i've been thinkin alot about it latly and since my grades aren't good enouf for me to join the air force acadamey and fly jets i'll go to my 2nd thing...

i was gonna become a architect... i'm already ranked 3rd in the state of PA for highschool kids but i don't like it... i can't sit around all day like that...

Natertot426ex
06-24-2003, 04:27 AM
I am a Jet Engine Mechanic for the Air Guard. When I don't have work to do I am on here.

TrickBlaster'03
06-24-2003, 04:57 AM
I work at a auto body shop

p@iNn3ck
06-24-2003, 05:12 AM
I write reviews on new beer

03GNCC270
06-24-2003, 05:27 AM
MAIL ORDER BUSINESS. I SIT HERE AND LOOK AT THE COMPUTER ALL DAY AND ANSWER THE PHONE AT NATIONAL TIRE & WHEEL.

sly400ex
06-24-2003, 05:32 AM
LAN/PC Administrator, and WAY under-payed!!!:mad:

rdmex
06-24-2003, 05:34 AM
I'm 16, junior in high school. i work part time at eckerds drug store. I plan on going to college to be an mechanical engineer.

heavy_d
06-24-2003, 05:37 AM
i'm going to take a criminal justice class next year and might get into that, but i'm not sure yet, and i'm a custodial/maintenance guy

FourFiftyFour
06-24-2003, 05:46 AM
Im 18, graduated, fixin to start college, Ive started in Computer Graphics Design and artwork already so Im looking into that or I want to start my own business... possibly a quad shop, a 4x4 shop, or a custom paint shop cuz i love designing paint jobs

sportraxrider10
06-24-2003, 05:49 AM
i'm 15 and i live at home. i could have had a job but this summer i have had alot of basketball so i couldn't work. i plan on going to college to become a dentist.

jlhughes750
06-24-2003, 06:24 AM
thanks for the reply's!!!!!!!

I'll say this!!!! I'm 28 and a father of a 2 year old boy and i have a daughter on the way any day now..... So i am speaking out of experience!!!!! If u have the chance to go to school DO IT!!!! if u have the chance to let someone else pay for it DO IT!!!!! If u think u want to open a business doing something u are already good at DO IT!!!!! Because before to long you'll have a boyfriend or girlfriend, and maybe you wanna wait a year, or maybe u want to rush out of your parents house to get your own place so u can screw!!!! whatever it is think of the future when your 16-18 not when your 30, i've raced at an A or Pro level for over 8 years and i was held back alot by relationships and responsabilitys, thinking one day i'll get it all squared away then i could focus on racing. It doesn't happen that way, LIFE HAPPENS when your not paying attention so get the most out of it while your young you bunch of lazy 80's babys, get of the net and go do something besides causing trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry, i got a little carried away)....

later, J

CAMPRO
06-24-2003, 06:29 AM
Video editor by day, video editor by night and I like to edit video on the side! I'm also a graphic artist which I incorporate into my video editing!:D

toby400ex
06-24-2003, 06:37 AM
im 15, i ow grass. When i grow up i either want to be some kind of engineer or have a good after market business and a name in racing.:blah:

UglyMotha™
06-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
im 15, i ow grass. When i grow up i either want to be some kind of engineer or have a good after market business and a name in racing.:blah:

no stay clear of the light :D

engineering is such a monotonous i have to take some kind of medicine now that clears up my bloodshot eyes and my frequent headaches from staring at a computer screen, ya know i'm real big into computers and all use to have a nice machine at my house and all but after i got deep into my career spending 10 hrs a day at work the last thing i wanted was to go home and play on the computer so i got rid of it cause it was just taking up space the first 4 or 5 years are good but to me it seems to go down hill after that, course there are probably people that have been doin it for 10 years and still love it

dirtmomma
06-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Well I'm the boring one I guess......I'm a stay at home Mom w/ 2 boys ages 13 & 4, used to work in the auto detailing business until I had my youngest. My hubby is a roofer of 18 yrs:eek: YES he's sick of it & wants to do something else but he hasn't decided what yet I guess. I'm goin to be going back to work in the next year probably (he says if I want to keep racing I need to work LOL) thinking of going to community college for a bank teller position to start then be able to move up the ladder so we'll see.

tom400ex
06-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey campro! I'm a video editor and art director. I work of NBC and CNBC. I also edit all day and night and then go freelance at post production houses or work for BET and MTV2. so all i do is work it seems like... Thats why on sunday morning i pull my bike out of the garage and rip through the woods with my friends all day. I need my bike in my life its threapy, it gets the cobwebs out of your brain and its the best way to blow off steam!!!

And while everyone is preachen..... DON'T GET MARRIED UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:
I'm getting divorce now only after a year of marriage, and i would not wish this pain on my worst enemy:grr:

jlhughes750
06-24-2003, 07:14 AM
DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!! blah, that sucks...my wife and i knew each other for 7 years before we got married, when she decided we were getting married, i had one thing to say, i will never get a divorce, if u want to thats fine but i'm making the comitment and will have no parts of a divorce, were in it for the long haul i would love to have been single those 7 years but, where would i be now. I know whats up when i go away, its security.

Just the other day i was a teenager,wondering what life was like and how people made it work, now i'm close to 30 and every now and again i'll wonder that same thing, then i realize i'm doing it, i'm really doing it!!!!!!!!!!

later, J

QuadTrix6
06-24-2003, 07:23 AM
im 20 i live at home and run a small bread wholesale business, its pretty cool cause i get home early but i work 7 days a week cause i don't feel like hiring anyone to work,,,im cheap :blah:

zephead400ex
06-24-2003, 07:32 AM
I live in an aprt, go to college full time, working 40 hrs a week for an ISP in Kansas (that is why I am on here all the time, on the net 8 hrs a day), I have a gf of 2 yrs and 7 mos and coach a 9-10th grade Boys b-ball team. I stay BUSY and life IS happening!!

peace

ex kid
06-24-2003, 07:46 AM
well im 15, and work as a parts guy at a local bike shop, but some lawns,shovel snow,work for my dads constrution busniess. anything reasonable were i can maek money ill do it. i dunno id like to start a high perf quad shop or go work for honda and be a desinger or somthin,but no collages would prob want me cause of my grades.

ex kid
06-24-2003, 07:47 AM
actully im only on hear to learn about quads and talk about racing.

300exQuadracer
06-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Im 17 gonna be a senior in high school, i work farming and construction, and sometimes up at dads auto shop, i want to go to college for C.A.M. (computer aided machining) and make some billet parts and start a billet parts company, or be a motorcycle/atv mechanic, or i`ll pry just get suckered into farming or workin at dads shop all my life

CAMPRO
06-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by tom400ex
Hey campro! I'm a video editor and art director. I work of NBC and CNBC. I also edit all day and night and then go freelance at post production houses or work for BET and MTV2.

That's cool. I work for RSN in Colorado and have recently started freelance work for a company working under Fox Sports out of Denver. I've done a lot of work under my own company, Campbell Productions. I made the CVBoyz latest film which you can download of the site.

wilkin250r
06-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex

I'm with UglyMotha on this one, stay away. I'm an electrical engineer, and I have to come on this site to keep myself awake.

dj416
06-24-2003, 10:09 AM
i'm 22. work at printing company as a pressman 40+ hrs a week. starting school july 7th to be a welder, just cause i hate printing its alot of b.s. over problems nobody will ever see. u dont know how much work and stress is involved in oputting ink on paper just so it can be put in the trash. anways, in georgia ,thanks to the Ga lottery anybody that graduated from hs with a 3.0 gpa can go to any state funded collage or tech school for free. u just gotta keep a 3.0 while your there

Sporttrax400ex
06-24-2003, 10:23 AM
i work at my dads carlot 9-5 in the summer and saturday 9-3 and sunday i am usually ridning. after that i get on here for a litle bit eat then go down and work on cars fixing bodys and saling them and stuff.

then i come home go mess around for a lil bit then around 10 or so i take a baht and get on here thats my life..

oo and on the weeknds a go out and *** off or race or party and drink beer.

Flip)(stick
06-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Right now I live at home ( im 14 ) i work at a summer job, under the table , consruction. as or what ima do with my life. A army ranger sniper, or a somin to do with computers ( graphics design, programming , networking )

Narly R
06-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Well im 14 and live at home i make hay in the summer for money and help my dad with his eal coating buisness. When I graduate Im going to go to A Mortor Cycle Instatute (sp) I forgot the name but its a college in Arizona, and when Im done with that Im defently going to open a bike shop! I hope to get somthing going like that before Im done with high school!:ermm:

Well the question isnt how do I make time for exriders, exriders is where Im at, the question would be how do I make time for everything else! I just live here!;)

Johnny_G
06-24-2003, 10:37 AM
25 GF of 3 years, soon to be engaged..........I do sales, product development, and director of rider support for CPW......WWW.Carbparts.com .........I also race this thing called a fourwheeler, and that helps out with the bills alot, and it's alot of fun.

Plan to move into larger sales firm within a few years.....unless one of the big 4 calls me up to the big leages first, and I make a living riding.................

-OUT

stepupmx
06-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Im a landscaper.

batgeek
06-24-2003, 11:47 AM
UglyMotha and wilkin250r:

hehe, i'm a systems engineer and still love doing it after 7 years in the business. the challenge of designing systems motivates the hell outta me.

i dont like stuff kickin my @ss :D

400exrules
06-24-2003, 11:50 AM
im 15 and i just mow yards and work with my dads construction business when he needs me and he pays me $7 an hour.....when i get a truck i want to get a trailor and some yard equipment and maybe cut yards with some friends like every summer and maybe on the weekends

killed300ex
06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
16 got a summer job on a farm workin 55+ hours a week sometimes pushin 70 hours id say during the summer i dont have alot of time to do computer but in the winter i dont have a job i just have school so i have lots of spare time hope to become a landscaper or something in that line of work really anyhting outdoors i HATE being couped up indoors all day
killed

2K1 300EX
06-24-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm 18. About 2 months ago I just got into the plant worker business at the ExxonMobile Chemical Plant(I don't work for exxon, just contract work). I'm a pipefitter/ ironworker, before that I was working on Colonial Pipeline. I farm on the side(hay,cows, break horses,etc.) and work for my uncle with his A/C business when I have time. As for school...don't wanna go but will most likely end up going for something. Would like to have my own business one day, machine shop, or custom auto or atv shop.
Hope to do good inthe cow business too.

bansheeguy77
06-24-2003, 02:11 PM
im 17 and a senior at school...i work at hershey park for the summer/winter and the giant center as well. as for when im out i thought about the military for a while but the problem was leaving the gf behind and theres no way im doing that. so my right now im probably going to go to school to eitehr be like a big wig in a company/business (i have 4 years of business stuff at high school so thats y) or/and i want to open my own business...im not sure what about yet but my scheming mind will think of something to get me rich quick. or my 3rd plan is to be a state cop. but believe my i promised myself by the time im 25 i will have a million dollars....and i dont lie

bansheerider_13
06-24-2003, 02:55 PM
well lets see im 17 i work at my dads paving bussness right now when i graduate im going to go to a local college and take bussness mangment then a few years after that take over the company

Runnin Dumb
06-24-2003, 03:42 PM
KY Air National Guard Acft. Mech. Fixin' planes in the desert at the moment. And when I grow up in eight months I'm goin' retire for a livin' :D

mxdave28
06-24-2003, 03:53 PM
I work for Mems Ambulance Service....you call we haul! :D

work supplied us with a puter which was a slow POS so we bought a new supercharged puter with the "crew" money and now we have DSL so as long as there is nothing to do we surf the net and wait for the "cry for help"

kawasaki_ridah
06-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Im 16 going to be a junior this upcoming year in high school and i plan on being a dentist

jcv400ex
06-24-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm a Sales Engineer, so I get to sit my arse in the office all day long and talk on the phone.......and post on Ex Riders....ALOT! :D

Dan_Guetter
06-24-2003, 04:14 PM
i live in a garbage dumpster with my wireless internet, im on here all the time......some bums don't like me in there homes.....but i just tell them to go somewhere else............but sometimes im nice....there maybe a sunday newspaper in there with me.....so i give them that....they like the sunday paper, its a little thicker!

250x#93
06-24-2003, 04:18 PM
I am on late at night the most:devil: When the rents are sleepin, I'm going to be a senior in high school and go to a tech school part of the schoolday for being a machinist:devil: Machinists ROCK!!!!! Thats what i plan on doing, after I grad. I will go to Penn College of Tech. For machining:devil: My main way of gettin on exriders is to just get on at night when everyone elses is sleepin:D

Dan_Guetter
06-24-2003, 04:21 PM
im like, move your house......NO they say.....so i kick there box to the curb......HERE............take this sunday paper:D

:macho

mo.lakota
06-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Hi , I just turned 35 Feel really ancient but young at heart and mind . I am a Patrol Deputy having been in that position for the last 12 years . Before that I raised Beef Cattle and Mo. Foxtrotter horses for Showing and Hunting out west trail horses . I have also been in the custom gunleather business as a worker with the www.raftersgunleather.com company . Someday I want to get into building accessories for ATVs such as Skids , and Bumpers more towards the Woods, MX racer type quad . I get on here to keep in touch with the real world instead of the Crap heads i deal with daily . I have met lots of good folks on and ATV or on a ATV website . These sites relieve a lot of stress . I get on here before I go to bed ( if the Wife has a headache that is ) . I am a quadaholic to say the least , when I work i look at the landscape imagining how my quad would handle that terrain , when I'm off I am either Riding , or lusting through the quad Mags . My wife said one day I either was going to give up my quad fetish or give up her . I told her the way I saw it was I could just install a garage door in the living room then and bring my toys inside and that I would sure miss her . Well se ya'll later

Pvt. Maggot
06-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Well i'm 14 and live at home...i have my Pvt. polishing and design it supports me somewhat. its not a steady cash flow..i wish it was i need some parts...nobody seems to want stuff polished. other then that i work on my stuff..make things...play guitar and bass..gonna start a band sooner or later. thats about it...when i get older i want to start my own quad shop...:devil:

Flip)(stick
06-24-2003, 08:52 PM
i started to play the bass in january^^

AFTERMARKET
06-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Work in Southern California as a Firefighter/ EMT D/C
My side job is to ride at glamis!
Hey dave are you guys Nat. Reg yet?

UglyMotha™
06-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm with UglyMotha on this one, stay away. I'm an electrical engineer, and I have to come on this site to keep myself awake.

LMAO, that me, 30 mins drawing then minmize cruise exriders for 10 15 mins then back to my dwg for 30 mins, it keeps me sane:p

joeroadking
06-25-2003, 01:55 AM
I just turned 35 as well, I feel like a a old timer on here, I am a drain guy (kind of like roto -rooter but a , privite company) been here since high school pays ok, but if I could do it over again no way! I would like to give some advice to you guys go to college start your life now! do not wait, buy a home and get your priritys in order, I am going back to school nights shortly and belive me it is a lot harder at 35 than 18. my second job and the thing I enjoy is buying harleys and atvs (needing repairs or under valued) fixing them up and reselling on ebay, etc It has been very profitable as well as something I really enjoy, but not consistant ow well enough rambling on, the reason I am on here so much is that I am always on call so in between jobs is my time- later joe oh there goes my pager later:D

2K400ex
06-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Im 23 and im a locksmith.. its a cool job i get to unlock peoples house's and cars. i also install security camras.. before i worked here, i was a tow truck driver/ Repo man repoin is fun too stealing cars leagally :D but now i work 9-5 mon thru fri and work shifts on weekends and nights ..

usally when i get home from work i get on exriders or when i get a chance.. the wife sometimes gets mad cause i spend more time on her then with here... heheh is that a crime??

abcracing
06-25-2003, 05:07 PM
i'm 23 single(thank god) live alone i'm part owner in 2 pizza shops and part owner in ABC RACING.when i'm not working i'm at a race somewhere.most of the time its either the national MX or TT that schedule keeps me real busy.if for some odd reason i have a day free it is spent doing something atv related.

Honda4trax250x
06-25-2003, 05:45 PM
i go to school (not right now cuz its summer!!!!) and i work part time at a supermarket as a cashier

jlhughes750
06-26-2003, 01:36 AM
WOW thanks for all the feed back guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its interesting finding out what other quad people r into!!!!!

later, J

Pappy
06-26-2003, 01:50 AM
well, i manage a company that has 9 employee's. most of my duties are office bound these days. the first 8 years i spent behind the wheel of a route truck busting my rear and making a good name for myself....then the last 5 years ive spent training my employee's. now i mainly oversee the day to day functions of the company and manage its growth. i get to be bored for the most part.....thats why im on exriders so much:ermm: answering questions all day and dispatching calls doesnt require a ton of time.....so i browse the site...watch my TV in my office and do what i can:p

MOFO
06-26-2003, 01:59 AM
I work for a company called UCS (http://www.universalcomputersys.com) . The first few years all I did was maintain computer networks for local car dealerships around Pittsburgh, mainly Ford - we bought the rights from ford in 1992... (we specialize in their software needs), then my company decided to buy a few more company's...now I do work for a key monitoring system and a PC/Network rental systems company. I swear evertime my cell phone rings, I'm confused as to which company I'll greet them with... LOL.

Eric

SlapNutz
06-26-2003, 02:35 AM
nuttin:ermm:

F-16Guy
06-26-2003, 03:31 AM
I've been an F-16 Fuel System mechanic for a little over six years now. Four years active duty, and now a federal employee with the AF Reserve. I love this job. Just when you think you know all there is to know about the F-16, it makes a liar out of you. I'm working on the F-1 bladder cell right now, it's the only tank on an F-16 that you can climb all the way into. Some genious engineer decided it would be a good idea to put a big rubber bladder lining in the F-1 tank. Now when it leaks, we have to climb inside with a full face respirator and remove all of the plumbing, fold the cell up, and squeeze it through a tiny access door!

BlazingYamahaYz
06-26-2003, 04:06 AM
as a teenager, other than sit in front of the computer playing games and surfing the net, i work.....i plan on taking multiple classes/courses to further my knowledge of firefighting/rescue/ems, becuase i plan a career as a full time fire fighter and a part time mechanic....i already have half of my required courses planned, and should have them by the time i am 16-17.....

2K400ex
06-26-2003, 03:42 PM
opps big typo earlier i ment to say the wife complains i spend more time on here then with her.. lmao i read what i wrote and about fell out laughing :D

mxdave28
06-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by AFTERMARKET
Work in Southern California as a Firefighter/ EMT D/C
My side job is to ride at glamis!
Hey dave are you guys Nat. Reg yet?

Hey Dallas nice to see ya again....some of us are Nat. Reg. now but i missed the class and now i REALLY dont have the time to take it maybe this winter...we get an x-tra $500 bucks per year if we are. P.S. i got to do some drivers training on the ALF the other day...what a beast and a pain to drive:devil:

KASCHAK
06-26-2003, 04:25 PM
im 15 live at home with my mommy and daddy and im work at a country restraunt doing dishes and i plan on being an electical enginere and go to school at ITT right after highschool im going to ami americian motorcycle institute. might open my own shop on the side while im at ITT hope it all works out as planed. for now i just work in dishes and ride and come on here. ahha

Jay300ex
06-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by dj416
i'm 22. work at printing company as a pressman 40+ hrs a week. starting school july 7th to be a welder, just cause i hate printing its alot of b.s. over problems nobody will ever see. u dont know how much work and stress is involved in oputting ink on paper just so it can be put in the trash. anways, in georgia ,thanks to the Ga lottery anybody that graduated from hs with a 3.0 gpa can go to any state funded collage or tech school for free. u just gotta keep a 3.0 while your there

My family owns a printing shop and I know those stresses! I used to bind and cut books.. Holy crap that would make me mad ;).

Jay300ex
06-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well im 14 and live at home i make hay in the summer for money and help my dad with his eal coating buisness. When I graduate Im going to go to A Mortor Cycle Instatute (sp) I forgot the name but its a college in Arizona, and when Im done with that Im defently going to open a bike shop! I hope to get somthing going like that before Im done with high school!:ermm:

Well the question isnt how do I make time for exriders, exriders is where Im at, the question would be how do I make time for everything else! I just live here!;)

Aye, I am going to AMI ( American Motorcycle Institute ) at Daytona Beach FL, their other school is in Arizona. Are you going to AMI or MMI? They are distinctly different.

Jay

KASCHAK
06-26-2003, 05:14 PM
everyone at west coast choppers and orange county choppers all graduated from AMI im going there right after high school there is one up in newyork i think or is that mmi ( motocycle macanicial instatute ) i think correct me if im wrong. what is the difference.

Jay300ex
06-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Okay here we go. 18 and right now I work full time at a Honda Dealership. I am the grunt guy right now, change tires, assemble machines, some parts managment. I have had a ton of jobs being only 18. From working in my dad's print shop, to working in a bar, to working at Wendy's ( that was fun ).

I have read quite a few people say to goto college, leave HS right, live right.. yadda yadda. Thanks guys! I havent graduated yet from HS but I know exactly, EXACTLY what you are saying. Being the only child that hasn't left home before turning 17, I am taking advantage. I already took a student loan for American Motorcycle Institute to work on the new high tech bikes out there. I work in a shop now. And on the side, I, Mow lawns ( i need a tan ) and I fix lawn mowers, weed wackers, chainsaws.. anything for low labor price. What time that leaves me for exriders is minimal. I only use this $2.5k computer for exriders.com and weather.com haha.

I know I am still probably considered a kid, but almost everyone that knows me considers me an adult. Do things the best you can the first time around or don't waste your time at all. My worst fear is ending up like my brother's and sisters ( 2 of my siblings are in rehab, another is in prison. ) It's a fear, engines are my motivation, exriders is my motivation.

Jayson

Jay300ex
06-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
everyone at west coast choppers and orange county choppers all graduated from AMI im going there right after high school there is one up in newyork i think or is that mmi ( motocycle macanicial instatute ) i think correct me if im wrong. what is the difference.

There is AMI schools in Dayona Beach FL and Arizona, and there is MMI in Orlando FL and in Arizona. So far only 2 schools. They are working on building schools in NY. But I want to goto FL haha.

The thing is, AMI tuition is about 13 grand, its a 5 month course and your done. MMI is a 2 year course, and costs like 15 16 grand. But MMI I believe is actually run by the manufacturers. AMI is supported but not ran by the MFG.

Jayson

xxg0tn0lifexx
06-26-2003, 05:21 PM
i work at my home town's racetrack. its only every sat. and one time every month there is a sat. and sun. races, so, i have a lot of time for the computer, and plus, i only work 1 day a week because i am 14!!!

KASCHAK
06-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
There is AMI schools in Dayona Beach FL and Arizona, and there is MMI in Orlando FL and in Arizona. So far only 2 schools. They are working on building schools in NY. But I want to goto FL haha.

The thing is, AMI tuition is about 13 grand, its a 5 month course and your done. MMI is a 2 year course, and costs like 15 16 grand. But MMI I believe is actually run by the manufacturers. AMI is supported but not ran by the MFG.

Jayson

i hope there is an AMI open in newyork in the next couple years ill def. go but i probly wont if its in arizona or flordia.

is it better to be surtified in mmi or ami. more people are ami but if there sponcered my the manufactors you can probbly get a job quicker with mmi sertivatation. wow (SP) alot sorry

quadrcr87
06-26-2003, 05:35 PM
15 livin at home junior in high school. work 8-5 building houses in summer and at night i prep cook at a local restraunt. i keep busy and have consistant cash flow. i might take over my dads building company.

K2Snow
06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm 17, I work at Circuit City in the Audio/Video department. Work about 32 hours a week selling big screens, surround sound systems, and camcorders. (not bad for a 17 y/o eh?) Had the last 2 days off so been on here like crazy. Finally buying a quad within the next couple of days, yayyy.

skemp
06-26-2003, 09:23 PM
I work nights, running a CNC router at Bishop Fixtures and Millwork, a store fixture producer. We make a lot of things that i guarantee most of you have seen...

-Basically all of the sales counters, display tables and walls, price scanners, food counters, etc. at Target, Mervyn's, Daytons, Wilson's Leather, One Hour Photo, etc.
-When you are walking through a mall and see a Verizon wireless sales booth on the floor, that came from right here in Balsam Lake, Wisconsin. Chances are I had a hand in cutting the wooden parts for it. We build the entire thing and then break it down and ship it out to wherever it is needed.

Anyway, done rambling, just thought you might think that was interesting. I work 4-7 days a week, 8-12 hours a night, depending upon how busy we are. It pays good, and the benefits are top notch as well.

I am going to a very good school in Minnesota for a diploma as a Marine and Motorsports technician, and soon after completion will be opening my own shop. I would like to make something of myself, and be at least somewhat well known in my area. I am totally in it for the enjoyment and satisfaction of doing something that I love, working on quads and sleds. :devil:

250x#93
06-27-2003, 04:58 AM
my mommy and daddy

:confused: U still call them mommy and daddy:rolleyes: Oh well just jk man:p

RuffRyder400ex
06-27-2003, 06:22 AM
i am 14. i dont have a real job i just landscape with my dad and sometimes with my grandfather

gojk
06-27-2003, 07:15 AM
I work/manage an ISP in my area. Don't get paid much though.

zephead400ex
06-27-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by gojk
I work/manage an ISP in my area. Don't get paid much though.
Hey man, we both are in the ISP business...what kind of service do you guys provide? Looking to hire???:D

peace

gojk
06-27-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Hey man, we both are in the ISP business...what kind of service do you guys provide? Looking to hire???:D

peace

We provide fixed wireless, frame relay, P2P, Web Hosting, E-Mail DNS, etc etc etc....

I wish we were hiring. We are pretty shorthanded lately.

CBRSLIDER
06-27-2003, 09:58 AM
I am a State Trooper, married, and father of one little guy that I can't wait until he's old enough to ride. But until then he's still a blast at only 1 year old.

Ray

"jcv400ex
I'm a Sales Engineer, so I get to sit my arse in the office all day long and talk on the phone.......and post on Ex Riders....ALOT!"

I'll second that! :huh

That's all he does!

Tommy,

Hit me up and we'll discuss the PSP. Maybe I could point ya in the best direction. You sound like you are going to take the same route as I did. THE HARD ROUTE.

KASCHAK
06-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 250x#93
:confused: U still call them mommy and daddy:rolleyes: Oh well just jk man:p

i was the one that said mommy and daddy i was only trying to be funny god noone can take a joke :D

i always say that its fun saying mommy and daddy. :blah:

remlapr
06-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
I am a State Trooper

If you see someone riding a quad on a two-lane county road, what do you do? Drive on, or stop and bust them?? Seems like this would be a difficult decision for a state cop\quad racer?

CBRSLIDER
06-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Depends on the situation. If they aren't racing up and down the middle of the road, I usually just wave. I look at the whole scenario before I write people for riding on the roads. Such as prior warnings, complaints, speed, cooperation, etc. i believe that in my 5+ years I have only cited 1 maybe 2 people for riding on the road. There is a time and place for citations to be issued and not all situations are solved by a citation being issued.

Ray

MOFO
06-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Depends on the situation. If they aren't racing up and down the middle of the road, I usually just wave. I look at the whole scenario before I write people for riding on the roads. Such as prior warnings, complaints, speed, cooperation, etc. i believe that in my 5+ years I have only cited 1 maybe 2 people for riding on the road. There is a time and place for citations to be issued and not all situations are solved by a citation being issued.

Ray

... in other words, you use common sense and have a good head on your shoulders. :D One of many, many reasons I always stop.

remlapr
06-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
... in other words, you use common sense and have a good head on your shoulders. :D

I agree - good answer.

CBRSLIDER
06-27-2003, 12:41 PM
QUOTE].. in other words, you use common sense and have a good head on your shoulders. [/QUOTE]

I try to. I am just like everyone else. I just have a slightly different job to do. That's all. Common sense is the name of this game. Some have it and others don't just like in all other fields of work. I imagine that there are days that it doesn't shine thru when dealing with certain people. But heck deal with some of the people that I do and it gets OLD in a hurry.

Ray

MOFO
06-27-2003, 12:50 PM
QUOTE].. in other words, you use common sense and have a good head on your shoulders.

But heck deal with some of the people that I do and it gets OLD in a hurry.

Ray [/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure...thats why I give you guys alot of credit. There are somedays I would like to do that job, then I hear story's and I'm glad I'm not...