PDA

View Full Version : 400ex NO-link swingarm?????

abcracing
06-24-2003, 03:35 AM
is there any companys that make a NO-link swing arm for the 400ex and does it help that much compared to a aftermarket swing arm with the stock linkage.thanks BILL

Mxbubs
06-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Brad Herrmann at was looking into it. I did some research and found that everyone didnt want to full with it because the stock linkage was okay and you would need to customize your airbox. I know Brad was working with Elka on it though.

jlhughes750
06-24-2003, 06:52 AM
the EX linkage set up is the closest thing out there to the CR500 linkage in the Laeger chassis's. The no link and the CR link are in a constant battle of opinions as to which is better. In my opinion get one or the other set up perfect and you'll be fine.. Where am i going with this??? Why modify it to a no-link do u really think it'll be that much better, and if so??? do u want to be the one that spends hours and hours testing with the shock guy to get the no link shock right????? only to have it perform around the same as the linkage set up!!!???? No testing needed for the R no links, everyones done that already. If the no-link was really better, or even POSSIBLE for that matter don't u think someone else would have perfected it in 99 when they came out.
Brad and everyone at Herrmann racing are great guys but if they do make one, it'll probably be more trouble than its worth, airbox, battery ,intake,subframe will all have to be replaced at once just to be able to say I HAVE A NO-LINK.... like i said its nothing against Herrmann, i actually am there quite abit and am good friends with them, i just don't think its worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later, J

hey mxbubs i hear u like NACS!!!!!!!!!hahahaha

abcracing
06-24-2003, 04:39 PM
thanks for the help guys.i never knew there was so much into a no-link swing arm.sounds like i'm better of with staying the way it is. thanks again

06-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Elka is designing a long travel rear shock for the 400ex with new linkage.. Should be a very hot item...no more cutting and welding the top shock mount in a new location..:cool:

400exBro
06-25-2003, 07:31 AM
JRD i believe makes one or is going to make one soon for the 400ex...

YLW400
06-25-2003, 07:36 AM
Those JRD swingarms are purty. :D