PDA

View Full Version : Ever Tried Filter Skins ?

JD400exrider
06-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Just tried some Filter Skins on the Uni this weekend. Worked very well. It is dusty Mo Fo right now where i ride The uni last ride was very dirty and a very slight amount of dust on the inside of the boot. Put on a Filter Skin this ride ran for 2-3 hours and changed with a new one at lunch. Unit filter was hardly dirty. Did not notice any performance loss running it. Works well for very dusty conditions.
A Filter skin is a thin white breathable cloth that strethes over the out side of the filter. Pre oil it and you are ready. have a few extras in a baggy ready to go. Made by PC racing

I was kind of suprised how much dirt was getting in with the outer wear over the lid.

bmw500hp
06-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Go a little further with that one John, It sounds like a pretty good idea!

does the cloth itself stretch, or does it have elastic in the "neck" portion?

Contact info,like a web-site perhaps.

JD400exrider
06-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Mike

They do come in different sizes for different filters. They do stretch over the filter. The ones I bought for the Uni is

Part # 8-6
Diameter 6"-8"
Length 4"-7"

It covers about 98% of the Uni. To get to fit on right you do have to take the filter off to fit it all the way around the filter.
I paid 14-15 bucks for three of them. Little pricey for a thin cloth, but they seem to work well. I just oil them with some filter oil and keep them in a bagy. I don't see a web site on the package.
PC Racing Winchester, CA (909) 698-4962

northeast400
06-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I use them all the time and they work excellent