PDA

View Full Version : Anti-vibration...

wilkin250r
06-23-2003, 07:48 AM
So I know that I can get an anti-vibration steering stem, but I didn't learn until today that I can get handlebar inserts to reduce vibration.

Is there anything else I can do to reduce vibration?

I just got a Duncan Racing 340PV and it vibrates like crazy, almost enough to make me sell the dang thing. My hands were numb after 10min of riding.

What brands of anit-vibe steering stems would your reccomend? I'm leaning towards chrome, but I'm not dead set on it.

TORO1968
06-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey,

Just so you know, the Fasst Co. anti-vibe bar inserts will only fit 4mm wall thickness bars like regular Renthals, so if you want to use them with 5mm wall thickness bars, you're gonna have to do a little bit of machining on the inserts like I did! :ermm: :eek2:

Do a search about these inserts...I've made a couple of posts about them and also have a full report I did for a senior project at Purdue about them if you'd like to see it.

-Jordan

310Rduner
06-23-2003, 04:00 PM
you could also get some tag or pro tapers.. would probably reduce the vibs since they flex more and go with the flow of the bumps more than the cross bars can allow...

havent heard anything solid supporting this, but im sure its out there..

i know mine don't vibrate so bad, and its pretty comfortable..

also go order some Oury atv grips.. they are wayyy comfortable and supoosed to reduce vib's because they are softer and little thicker..

wilkin250r
06-24-2003, 06:20 AM
I've been looking at the Fasst Co. products, they also have a new set of handlebars that are supposed to reduce vibration.

Has anybody ever tried a wristrester? Does it help with vibration, or only with the bumps and jars?

muff
06-24-2003, 07:24 AM
looking at the way its designed a wristrester wouldnt help out in this situation

antivibe stems do work great and do soak up a lot of the little vibrations, mine sure does, thicker gel grips will also greatly help

Ex'r Marlin
06-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
you could also get some tag or pro tapers.. would probably reduce the vibs since they flex more and go with the flow of the bumps more than the cross bars can allow...

i know mine don't vibrate so bad, and its pretty comfortable..

I agree too. I also have a Roll Design steering stem with Tag T2 handlebars... A noticeable difference over my past stock stem and Renthal handlebars. :)

Good luck!