PDA

View Full Version : dyno jets vs. stock jets?

redrecon
06-23-2003, 06:22 AM
Does anybody know how different the dyno jets are numbered then the stock keihin jets? The stock main jet for my recon was #095 but the dyno jet with a K&N filter is #092. I want to put a supertrapp exhaust on it and I will probably have to buy new jets since the largest jet that came in the kit was the #092. How many main jet sizes up would I have to go up with the addition of a high-performance pipe, that way I have an idea of what dyno jets to buy.
Thanks

White_Knuckles
06-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Dynojets due to claimed better flow characteristics run one size smaller than stock Keihin. So if you have a 100 Dyno a 102 Keihin would be the substitute. Remember size increments are in steps like 95, 98, 100, 102, etc.

If you are running the stock needle, e-clip setting with stock filter and no airbox lid mods. Go up 1-2 sizes 98-100 (Keihin). With Dynojet needle 95-98. I recommend Keihin parts as Dyno kits are spendy and not a clear benefit. You may need to adjust the fuel mixure screw out 1/2-1 full turn if backfiring on quick throttle release.

redrecon
06-23-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks. I already have the dyno jet needle and clip with a K&N air filter and I plan to enlarge the hole in the air intake, to flow more air. I think when I get the pipe I will get a #098, 100, 102 dyno jets and see how it works with those jets.