PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problems?

Hotdog
06-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Well i got rear ended in a Hare scramble race this weekend on the very first lap. Smashed my exhaust all to heck.. Something happened to my clutch i think. The lever arms moves down by the side case. But you put into gear and give it gas and it doesn't move. It will shift throw all the gear but the Sprocket shaft wont turn. It will turn freely by hand. Haven't got into the motor yet. But just asking for some help on what to look for.

4TraxRider
06-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Take the side case off and see if it is still connected in there. Did it happen right after the crash, or after the race. Is your free play at the lever so far off i cant engage?

Hotdog
06-23-2003, 04:34 AM
It happened right after i was hit. There is not very much free play. I moved the arm on the side case to try to engage it but nothing. It asks like the clutch is not working at all.

06-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Sounds like the little lifter arm that the cable goes to either broke or came loose.. If that is the case..it'll be a cheap and fairlyl easy fix..:cool:

Hotdog
06-23-2003, 06:13 AM
Cool. i hope thats all it is.. I will be tearing her down tonight to find out. Thanks guys.

Castor-426ex
06-23-2003, 06:17 AM
drain the oil before you pull the cover

and get ready to scrape gasket:mad:

Scott-300ex
06-23-2003, 02:24 PM
if you got a compressor and a little air grinder, get some pads for it, they are like rough scotch bright pads, scrape the main gasket off and then use the grinder w/ pads to get the rest off, it works great, just don't wear the metal down and get all the fillings after, but it is cleaner than usting a scaper because it really doesn't leave any fillings

we did it on my dads warrior and it worked great, looked brand new it was so clean