PDA

View Full Version : Tire rotation question...........

wilson10
06-22-2003, 05:39 PM
OK so I just got some new Razrs mounterd on .190 douglas' from Rocky Mtn. Well I notice they have rotation arrows on them. So I put the first tire on correct but guess what the RF tire's arrow is going the wrong direction. SAME thing with the rears!!! Is this ok? Does it even matter? I mean the tread looks the same! Thanks guys!

4TraxRider
06-23-2003, 04:19 AM
The pics that i see makes them look like they have the same patern, but if they have an arrow on them it has to be for a reason. See if you like them better the other way or somthing first though.

skemp
06-23-2003, 07:57 AM
I don't see why it could matter with Razrs, but other tires it will matter. I just flip my Razrs around when they get worn anyway to get back a sharp edge.

Daredevil1
06-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I don't see why it could matter with Razrs, but other tires it will matter. I just flip my Razrs around when they get worn anyway to get back a sharp edge.

Right on.

With the razrs it doesnt matter the direction. Unless you are talking about the front tires. The mx version has the swept lug pattern that has to face the same way on both sides. Swept back for better straight line stability, swept forward for better braking and turning. But the rear it doesnt matter, just flip them to use the sharp edge of the lugs.

GNCC#829
06-24-2003, 02:29 PM
If you have one front right and one front wrong, you need to change one of them. If you have them backwards, they are supposed to help steer better when you are hard on the brakes.

muff
06-24-2003, 02:58 PM
:cuss: dumass....lol :p

wilson10
06-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by muff
:cuss: dumass....lol :p

Just so you know to switch them I would have to remount one of them. Also I spoke to Maxxis today and the arrows on the Razr's do NOT MATTER, On RAZR II's they DO matter. Only reason they are there is because sidewalls of both tires are the same so it is cost effective. Came straight from Maxxix ATV!