PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Pros! need help adjusting

deepcj7
06-22-2003, 05:36 PM
I have a TCS converted rear shock and my question is when my rear end kicks up from charging the whoops, is it rebounding to fast or to slow? And the rebound adjustment on the shock reads "S" and "H", I assume that means "Soft" and "Hard". So which way do I go to make it rebound faster or slower? Thanks for your help.:D

06-22-2003, 06:17 PM
I am no pro but it is either packing or swapping.

Packing is when the rebound is too slow and the rear doesnt rebound enough or fast enough b4 the next bump or whoop and it starts trying to throw you over the bars.

Just soften it up a little (less rebound dampening) and see what happens.

There are many diff sites that have excelent info on fine tuning your suspension but the one at MX tech seems very well writen and easy to understand. It is actually for two wheelers but the rear shock set up is very close or the same so check it out. If you prefer you can see more at most of the shock mfg's and I think Duncan has a good one also, but I had this link handy and it is a good one

mx tech (http://www.mx-tech.com)

QuadTrix6
06-23-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by deepcj7
I have a TCS converted rear shock and my question is when my rear end kicks up from charging the whoops, is it rebounding to fast or to slow? And the rebound adjustment on the shock reads "S" and "H", I assume that means "Soft" and "Hard". So which way do I go to make it rebound faster or slower? Thanks for your help.:D

Clockwise will slow the rebound so it wont buck you and counter clockwise will speed it up making it kick more. Sounds like you should turn it clockwise a little. Go by small adjustments first because they make a big difference.