PDA

View Full Version : new activity in X games

400exrules
06-22-2003, 04:58 PM
im not sure if its old news or new news but i just heard on ESPN2 that surfing is now in the X games..........i was hoping it would be quads but maybe that will come later

TrickBlaster'03
06-22-2003, 05:01 PM
i would much rather have quads than surfing........considering i hate surfing

06-22-2003, 05:06 PM
surfing is so boring to watch and it dominates all extreme sports shows, who the hell can watch that much surfing

roostin_dale
06-22-2003, 05:09 PM
You would think watching quad fmx would be more interesting than surfing.....:huh

4wheelboy
06-22-2003, 05:16 PM
i ride and i surf and i would like to see more of both on tv:grr:

hessianmx111
06-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
complaining about not seeing enough surfing is like a skateboarder complaining about the lack of skating on tv. wtf theres tons of it. it probably is fun to surf and i know its gotta be hard but id rather watch old i love lucy reruns. or watch paint dry

400exrules
06-22-2003, 05:35 PM
for real, not to get under anyones skin but i dont see anything amazing or extreme about ppl doing the same stuff over and over again, its boring as crap, they never do anything amazing but whip the board back against the wave and just ride the wave and thats just gay

Honda4trax250x
06-22-2003, 05:53 PM
i agree i dont think surfing would be the most exciting thing to watch

Got Huevos?
06-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy

watch more T.V then and watch bluetorch it went to the fruitcakes who surf aswell. i hate surfing it gets to much air time for as boring as it is. i would have at least expected something more entertaing then that to be added to the X-Games.

Bretmd94
06-23-2003, 03:58 AM
:mad:

I do freestyle kayaking. Freestyle kayaking was almost in X games a couple years ago. Im so pissed it still isnt. Theres like thousands of people in the US that compete. Even more in europe.

I guess its to expencive to build a playhole every year.

:rolleyes:

Glow Plug
06-23-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
:mad:

I do freestyle kayaking. Freestyle kayaking was almost in X games a couple years ago. Im so pissed it still isnt. Theres like thousands of people in the US that compete. Even more in europe.

I guess its to expencive to build a playhole every year.

:rolleyes:

how do you do freestyle kayaking???

Well anyways back to the subjectI tihnk it was just playing retarted to put surfing in the x games. :grr: Now no offence or anything but why do people think there soooo hard core when they do what ever one else can do????? And I can gautee that ever satuday on my tv (I have all of 3 channels woot woot) There will at least 15 minutes of surfing and it's not that great of god your putting your toes over the board. And you consider yourself pro??? :mad:

4wheelboy
06-23-2003, 04:58 AM
okok ill admit that there is too much surfing on T.v but thats just causse its so popular. i would rather watch fmx any day over surfing but its still fun as hell to do:devil:

and wtf is freestyle kayaking

400exrules
06-23-2003, 05:08 AM
ya whats freestyle kayaking about? is that like, over rapids and stuff or somethin, anyways it sounds more enteresting then surfing

optikid123
06-23-2003, 05:20 AM
most people on this website prob hate surfing cause they live so far from the ocean- i live at the shore and its a big thing down here. you should get out and try it it really isnt as easy as it looks and it takes a lot of balls to get out on a huge wave. im not saying quading dosent take balls but dont bash surfing cause its more popular. i do see a prob with surfing though-- what happens when the waves are bad?

and freestyle kyackin is when your in a flat part of water and u do spins and put the kyack into stalls on the nose and tail while fliping and spinning. i think

Juggalo
06-23-2003, 05:55 AM
god i hate surfing!!!! i'm sure its fun when your out there doing it but watching it is the most boring thing on earth. ugh i hate it!

CHAUNCY
06-23-2003, 07:55 AM
Sometimes surfing is alright to watch but I cant watch more than 5-10 minutes of it:ermm: I usually only watch when they get pulled out into the ocean by a waverunner and then try the thier luck at the big waves. I wish quads would have got in to the xgames instead:macho

Bretmd94
06-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay Freesyle kayaking is with really short kayaks, they have flat bottoms for surfing standing waves on rivers. You can actually ollie the boad on a wave and to ariel moves.

Some decent vids (http://www.liquidlogickayaks.com/life/gallery.html#)

These have some decent vids under the playboating section.

I also do regular kayaking. My biggest waterfall i have ran is 32-34ft. Big Brother Falls on the White Salmon in Washington.

D-4our
06-23-2003, 09:00 AM
i cant stand watching surfing for more than 5 minutes, same goes with skateboarding, i mean fmx and bmx just makes skateboarding look slow and boring, hell, even fruitbooting is more entertaining...im gonna go play blindfolded hop-skotch on the roof now...

400exrules
06-23-2003, 09:57 AM
yup i just watched like 10 minutes of surfing on TV and there were like 8 different guys and they ALL just rode the wave and whipped there board back like every 5 seconds and thats ALL they did and i mean ALL!!!!!!!!

Fast250EX
06-24-2003, 05:11 AM
Surfing is like golf. Watching it makes you want to kill yourself and playing is a lot better. I go to the beach every year and surfing is a LOT better to do. I even suck at surfing but it is very fun.

There is rarely any ATV shows. ATV World is on OLN. Every once in a while you see a GNCC race too. The Mount Morris race was on the other day.