PDA

View Full Version : what does everyone think of the x-6

mxrdr
06-22-2003, 04:23 PM
what does every one thing of the curtis sparks x-6? where does the power come in ect.. how does it performe next to lrd. i am thinging of getting one of theses most likley x-6. just want some info on it before i bought it.:cool:

Honda Jay
06-22-2003, 04:38 PM
I think it is top of the line, even though i don't own one, yet!
if you get it, go for the ceramic!!!
i am doing a Sparks 440 National in about 10 months, can't wait!;)
i am pretty sure it is a more of a top end pipe but stills pulls hard through all of the ranges, they almost make (or used to) make the X4 which was made for bottom

hope it helps you

later,
Jay

Diedrich
06-22-2003, 06:09 PM
very good pipe..highly reccomend it

the yella yeti
06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
I have the lrd full exhaust system.
I am very pleased with it.
I am dissapointed that it developed a small leak in the silencer though.
I would personally go with the sparks pipe.
I've seen a lot of fast bikes with them on.
Make sure you get it ceramic coated.
I got mine chrome, and it discolored in about 30 minutes.
good luck.

06-22-2003, 06:26 PM
i got the x-6...it increases the low end and has a super hard hit from midrange up to the top end...i have the cermaic coated also and i have nothing to say about it but OWNS...they are great pipes and well worth the money...how it compares to LRD i have no idea...i have never rode a bike with lrd pipe or owned one so i cant tell u that

cals400ex
06-22-2003, 07:16 PM
i just got my x-6 stainless. they told me the stainless would last longer so i went ahead a got that one. its a pretty decent pipe. it did not give the gains i expected though. however, i still may need to fine tune the jetting. right now i have an open air box and the x-6 and i am running a 160 main. my friend has a big gun silencer, sparks rev box, k&N filter, and a 152 main. we are dead even in a race. i was expecting to smoke him. didn't happen though. however, i went with one inch wider tires in the front and i think that is slowing me down too. good luck with your decision. how long did it take to develop a leak in the silencer? hate to tell you this, but my x-6 leaked at the silencer the day i put it on. i am calling tomorrow and am trying to have them send me a new pipe. i only have 10 minutes on mine so maybe it would get more powerful after i break it in but i am not going to ride it until i give them a call.

06-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i just got my x-6 stainless. they told me the stainless would last longer so i went ahead a got that one. its a pretty decent pipe. it did not give the gains i expected though. however, i still may need to fine tune the jetting. right now i have an open air box and the x-6 and i am running a 160 main. my friend has a big gun silencer, sparks rev box, k&N filter, and a 152 main. we are dead even in a race. i was expecting to smoke him. didn't happen though. however, i went with one inch wider tires in the front and i think that is slowing me down too. good luck with your decision. how long did it take to develop a leak in the silencer? hate to tell you this, but my x-6 leaked at the silencer the day i put it on. i am calling tomorrow and am trying to have them send me a new pipe. i only have 10 minutes on mine so maybe it would get more powerful after i break it in but i am not going to ride it until i give them a call.

Adjust your jetting so its right, but I dont think the tires are your problem. If its lean your engine isnt making all the power it can.

cals400ex
06-22-2003, 07:40 PM
i am not sure what main jet to run. C and D racing told me a 165 main without the lid in place. i had that in and it ran pretty slow. with the 160 in, the bike ran much better so i may try running smaller yet. i am not sure what to think. i already have a 42 pilot in and they said use a 42 or a 45. so that should be close. i will move the needle back to the factory position because right now i have the clip down one(richer).

06-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Your not really on the needle circuit when your draggin since your at WOT (at least you should be :) ) and its the Main jet your needing to dial in or fine tune.

for what I am seeing you may be correct in your thinking to try the smaller MJ. A little trick is to get into a higher gear nail the throttle open (WOT) and then apply the choke. If it boggs down your either running a little rich or close but if it surges or finds more power then its a little lean.

ITs not fool proof but it does work as a crude guage.

cals400ex
06-23-2003, 08:10 PM
well, i don't have a choke but that was an idea that i never thought of.