PDA

View Full Version : Washington Riders, it's time

Woodsrider
06-22-2003, 03:44 PM
All right, its time for a ride dammit. I know for a fact there are at least thirty riders from western Washington. Its time to hook up and meet. Capital Forest campground reopens next month, and makes for a good ride. lots of trails, gravel piles, and pretty centrally located. Room for every one. So how about it? Anyone up for a ride?I'm thinking August, like the weekend of the 2nd, or the 9th, or 23rd.

Porkchop
06-22-2003, 04:17 PM
I definetly up for it!!! Soggy's right we need to get a ride together with all the riders from Washington. All those mid-south guys always get together to go ride so it doesnt mean the west coast guys cant ride trails either;) I dont know what weekend would work best but I think Im going to SandFest. So maybe the 9th or the 23rd?

twisted threads
06-22-2003, 04:34 PM
I'll be there!! Are you talking about the ORV park reopening?

dirtmomma
06-23-2003, 03:30 AM
HUUMMMM that sounds like a plan.......going to Wallace ID for the ATV Jamboree July 14-19 you guys should check that out!!!!!! They have some beautiful country to ride & a 2 day rodeo this year w/ drag racing, mudd bogg, tractor pull, & some other things they are supposed to have some live music, & vendors.. would be great to see some folks from here going!!!!

twisted threads
06-23-2003, 08:55 AM
I can probley get my brothers to go also.

Woodsrider
06-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey Twisted, I met Sandspanker at the Poker run yesterday, He said he would be interested too.
As far as the ORV park, that is Thurston county, not the state forest. Last year the DNR closed the campgrounds at Waddell due to lack of funding. Hard lobbing efforts by the NMA and the ATVA along with the horse riders got them to re-open the campgrounds. But I been thinkin'..... I think the trails at Tahuya are going to be better. there are a lot of wider trails there with high bank corners. Maybe we should do a poll on where to hold the ride as well:ermm:

The ORV park remains closed pending the outcome of a lawsuit for wrongful death. Seems as though some dumb arse broke in to the track ang got him self killed whem he rolled his jeep:mad:

chad400ex
06-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Soggy, you hold that ride at Tahuya, and I may just come up. That's my old stomping ground. There is some great riding up there. I've got my club fairly well organized down here in Oregon, so we may be able to get some guys up there to ride with ya. I even got a forum set up for organizing local rides (and general b.s. talking too).

www.nwquadriders.com

Woodsrider
06-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
Soggy, you hold that ride at Tahuya, and I may just come up. That's my old stomping ground. There is some great riding up there. I've got my club fairly well organized down here in Oregon, so we may be able to get some guys up there to ride with ya. I even got a forum set up for organizing local rides (and general b.s. talking too).

www.nwquadriders.com

GREAT! So are the trails better at Tahuya, or at Capital Forest? I have only been to tahuya twice for poker runs and both were put on by M/C clubs, so the trails they picked were pretty tight. I want fast trails:D It would be nice if there were a track too but that might be too much to ask for.:rolleyes:

twisted threads
06-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Hey Twisted, I met Sandspanker at the Poker run yesterday, He said he would be interested to.

Thats cool. I didnt know that he went to that poker run. My ex is down right now:( hopefully it will be running by saturday or sunday. I have never rode at Tahuya but I do know that the Capital Forest trails are fun but they are tight it would be lot closer going to the Capital Forest but I don't really care. soggyrider do you ever go to the sand??

Porkchop
06-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Tahuya trails are awesome, I did a poker run in April there put on by some new quad riding group out of Bremerton and it was a blast! I actually enjoy'd the trails up there alot more then Capital Forest just because they were wider and your not riding on the edge of any cliff's ( if you ride at C/F you would know what Im talking about )

I say hold the ride at Tahuya, closer to my cabin :devil:

Derrick88
06-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Count me in if we meet at Tahuya,it would be great to meet some of the loco's;)

Derrick

JOEX
06-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Where are these places at? How far from Portland? I might be interested:)

Joe

Woodsrider
06-24-2003, 05:35 PM
soggyrider do you ever go to the sand??

I have been to Moses lake but thats it:( My wife aint into the whole quad scene)

Where are these places at? How far from Portland? I might be interested

Fron Portland your looking at about three hours tops. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Tahuya trails are awesome, I did a poker run in April there put on by some new quad riding group out of Bremerton and it was a blast! I actually enjoy'd the trails up there alot more then Capital Forest just because they were wider and your not riding on the edge of any cliff's ( if you ride at C/F you would know what Im talking about )

LOL I have rolled my quad down some pretty steep stuff at tahuya:D I have heard many times that there are wider trails there with high bank turns and some really fast trails. Capitol forest is all technical stuff. I dont care where we do this at but I think it would be more fun on the wider trails. Lets see how many poeple are interested and go from there, we can vote on it.

JOEX
06-24-2003, 05:47 PM
The 23rd is out for me, we're going to Florence on the 24th:)
I'll have to check the calander at work for the other dates.

Joe

Woodsrider
06-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
The 23rd is out for me, we're going to Florence on the 24th:)
I'll have to check the calander at work for the other dates.

Joe

Id choose florence too ;)

JOEX
06-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Looks like the 2nd and 3rd is most likely a no go for me too. Possible but i'd have to pull some strings at work. So I voted for 9th/10th:p

Joe

Woodsrider
06-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Great I'll plan on the 9th/10th since nobody wants to vote on it. I'm thinking Tahuya is going to be the best place together. the trails are wider there. And I am sure there will be plenty of area available for those who wish to camp. I for one will probably spend the night.

JOEX
06-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, i'd be camping too... Do you have any info on what is availible for camping? Is there a developed campground or is it primative camping. Is there a website for the area?

Thanks, Joe

Woodsrider
06-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah, i'd be camping too... Do you have any info on what is availible for camping? Is there a developed campground or is it primative camping. Is there a website for the area?

Thanks, Joe
Both. there are RV spots and some primative sites. I have to find more on the area. I have only been there for poker runs. But there are always alot of RV's there on the two day events. Its all DNR land. I'll see what I can dig up. Porkchop should be able to give us some more info, as well as Chad400ex.

chad400ex
06-29-2003, 04:15 AM
Well...it's been about 5 years since I've been there, but I know that there are campgrounds. I can't remember the names of the roads out there, (keep mixing them up with Tillamook State Forest). But, I know that I can find them. There is a main gravel road that goes right through the middle of the whole area. Keep on it (going the opposite direction of the gravel pit) and right after you cross an intersection with a main road, there are camp spots right off to your right. There are even more if you keep going, but it gets close to a horse camp, so I think quads/bikes aren't allowed in that camp.

The best trail out there is a 4x4 loop. It is wide enough for jeeps, and has some good high speed sections and technical stuff to go through. Some good hill climbing, some jumping, mud, you name it. It's a great place to ride. I'll meet you guys up there for a day. It's not worse than driving to Winchester. Heck, I may even stay overnight depending on how much work I've got to do on my new house.

There are also some good hill climbs on another trail. It may take a little riding around, but I'm sure I can find them again.

Flip)(stick
06-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Im sorry guys, I cant go ridin, im out of a bike tell prolly late late this year:( Ill ride with you guys this winter or next spring/summer though :D

Chef
06-29-2003, 07:41 AM
We all need to go the dunes. Screw this dirt crap.:D

twisted threads
06-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Chef
OO YYEEAAAHHHH!!!! Sand is awsome!!

JOEX
06-29-2003, 12:22 PM
LOL! Yeah, but I gotta do something with the dirt tires:D

There is a group of us from http://www.nwquadriders.com/messageforum/ going to Horsefall July 11-14. I belive there are a few members with camp space available:)

Joe

chad400ex
06-29-2003, 12:57 PM
There is a group of us from http://www.nwquadriders.com/messageforum/ going to Horsefall July 11-14. I belive there are a few members with camp space available

Yeah....what Joe said...

Go to our website (see link above), post something on our forums, and I'm sure we can squeeze a couple more people in.

Oh...and Joex, thanx for the plug for our club!!!

Woodsrider
06-29-2003, 06:13 PM

Sure but with all this crap about "No alcohol on the dunes", No way. Not for a big group ride, go where we can let loose and have fun, with out having to worry about offending the locals with noisy pipes and a few beer cans mixed in with our outgoing trash:rolleyes:

FlyinRed
06-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Sounds like we'll all have to smoke da hippie hay and drop da frizzle frie at the dunes from now on. And I was just getting to where my beer expences were less then my gas expences on dune trips....

I'll try to make it, I'll hopefully have an ex replacement by then and its really wide, so im not too sure about screamin through the trails, the dunes would rock more IMHO but rideins ridein....

deepcj7
06-30-2003, 05:47 PM
You guys don't know me but I could make it out there, any date is good with me. I live about 15 minutes from Tahuya. I think there are better places to ride than Tahuya, but maybe a different crowd could change my mind about it. ;)

dirtmomma
07-01-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by FlyinRed
Sounds like we'll all have to smoke da hippie hay and drop da frizzle frie at the dunes from now on. And I was just getting to where my beer expences were less then my gas expences on dune trips....

I'll try to make it, I'll hopefully have an ex replacement by then and its really wide, so im not too sure about screamin through the trails, the dunes would rock more IMHO but rideins ridein....

I agree on the drinkin thing........the dunes w/o beer:rolleyes: :eek2: :confused: :huh

& I agree on the screamin thru the trails, but I can get thru them pretty good, how wide are ya flyin????? I think I'm 44-45" wide in front. We were going to make a trip to Sand Lake in August.......sounds like nobody likes it there though. I've never been to any other dunes but always up for a new experience.

twisted threads
07-04-2003, 09:04 PM
The new laws says no drinking on the dunes right? That dont mean you cant back at camp or is that part of the dunes also? It don't really matter to me, I don't drink but it would be cool to have an northwest Exriders get together. But for us Washington riders I don't care were we go riding it will be fun. Im going to be going to the dunes next weekend and at the end of the month and for a week in Aug. so I need to find out whats the plan because my weekends are filling up fast.:cool:

Woodsrider
07-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I would love to go down to the dunes but this summer is pretty short for me:( The wife has me remodling the whole friggin house:grr: I did the front bathroom last month, and the kitchen, family room and dining room demolition startsthis week and the cabinets get here the 15th. After that the rest of the house gets new carpet and pad. A new roof and paint, and in there is any money left over I will be pouring a agregate slab along the driveway, 35feet long and 15 feet wide. I get one weekend and the rest are hers :(

chad400ex
07-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Sounds familiar...

I'm redoing a bathroom right now, tearing down a retaining wall (100 ft. x 4 ft high......frick'n railroad ties :grr: ) so that I can pay someone else to put up forms and pour a concrete wall. Then comes the roof, then the master bed/bath, etc, etc, etc......:scary:

But, I've got an agreement with my wife. I get to go play at least every other weekend. That's not so bad. Plus, she doesn't mind the short 1/2 day trips to go play in the woods.

But, once that junk is done...it's done for a long time....just think...next year, you'll have more time to play.

Anyway...I've spent all day today putting in new clutch springs. It wouldn't have taken more than a couple hours if the damn wrench-monkey at the Honda factory hadn't torqued the bolts down so hard. I snapped off one of the clutch spring bolt heads while removing it. Luckily my screw extractor did the work in no time flat, but still....not a single shop in town carried that part. Off to the autoparts store, and what do you know....25 cents (and 4 beers) later, I was back in business.

JOEX
07-05-2003, 03:58 PM
So I must be lucky to be single.......:ermm:
Chad, I might be interested in some of those r/r ties. How big are they? I'll even help remove them;)

Joe

chad400ex
07-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Those ties are 9 feet long, and I'm guessing 8x10 inches for the sides. I can get better measurements tomorrow...

It's looking like the weekend after our dune trip (July 19th probably) some people will be coming over to help tear it down and take some home. That's my deal...you help, they're yours for free. I just want that thing down. It's looking like right now about 20 of them are spoken for, but there's about 60 of them there, so if you want some...they're yours.

Woodsrider
07-05-2003, 04:35 PM
LOL I know what you mean about things being over tourqued from the factory. I work on Acuras and I swear, they over tourque everyhing:mad: But, oh well if it breaks, just charge the factory to fix that too:D

I still get to run down to the river for a quick ride, and the poker runs aren't too big a issue, just no time for more than one weekend ride.

twisted threads
07-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Well did we make up our mind were we are going? :cool:
I have been doing some trail riding in the Capital Forest the last few weekend and it has some nice trails there. There are a few tight spots but as long as your carefull everything is cool.

Woodsrider
07-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Tahuya.......or Capitol Forest. I say Tahuya.... wider trails:ermm:

But capitol forest is alot of fun and the camground is nice. So I am game for either:)

twisted threads
07-20-2003, 07:55 PM
I wonder how dusty its going to be at Tahuya? I have been doing some riding the last few weeks and its been REALLY dusty out.

FlyinRed
07-21-2003, 03:13 AM
Dirtmomma,
I was gunnin for a gasgas to replace the trusty ole 400. 52 inches in width is a big jump in width.

Twisted,
If yer worried about dust.... put the bike away till fall. The only place where that isn't really a factor is on sand or pavement. I aint flamein, I just would like to see more riders be happy with ridin than whineing about the contitions. I've seen ppl ride with a broken ancle and not complain.

Woodsrider
07-21-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I wonder how dusty its going to be at Tahuya? I have been doing some riding the last few weeks and its been REALLY dusty out.

I havent had a chance to get out at all in the past three weeks. I have the kitchen torn apart right now, for a remodle, things arent good:mad: I told the wife I am going riding next friday come hell or high water. But yah, every one I have talked to said its very dry everywhere. I talked to a guy at the bike shop the other day, he said the Naches trail is like moon dust for most of the ride :blah:

twisted threads
07-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by FlyinRed

Twisted,
If yer worried about dust.... put the bike away till fall. The only place where that isn't really a factor is on sand or pavement. I aint flamein, I just would like to see more riders be happy with ridin than whineing about the contitions. I've seen ppl ride with a broken ancle and not complain.

LOL, if I was worried about it I would be rideing every weekend.;) I just don't want to here people complain when there breathing in all that dust. The last two rides the guys in the back were covered in dust and they weren't to happy. It didn't bother me to much because I was in front.:D

JabberJaw
07-21-2003, 08:42 AM
I'll go!!!!! I'll bring the naked chicks!

JabberJaw
07-22-2003, 10:06 AM
I can see none of you are interested in naked chicks...maybe I won't go!!!!

Capitol Forrest is about an hour and a half drive for me.

JOEX
07-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
I can see none of you are interested in naked chicks...maybe I won't go!!!!

Capitol Forrest is about an hour and a half drive for me.
Naked chicks....

What do I need to bring..... Air pump, food or alcohol? Just want to be prepared:D

Joe

chad400ex
07-22-2003, 04:23 PM
We had a guy bring his inflatible girlfriend on our dune trip a couple weekends ago. I think her name was Shirley. Ask Joe, there were some strange sounds coming out of that guys tent :confused2

Porkchop
07-23-2003, 09:35 AM
so what weekends the ride gonna be on and where we going? what does everyone need to bring (food, pop, beer, etc.) and yeah... im ready to ride guys, i havent been on the quad in 3 months so im getting twitchy!! :D

JabberJaw
07-23-2003, 09:41 AM
I'll go for sure if it's the 9th/10th and probably still go if it's not :-)

Bring 'Jack Daniels', Cola and your Quad, you'll be set.

Woodsrider
07-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Naked chicks....

What do I need to bring..... Air pump, food or alcohol? Just want to be prepared:D

Joe

If Jabberjaw is bringin the naked chicks, you'd better bring the air pump:eek:

so what weekends the ride gonna be on and where we going? what does everyone need to bring (food, pop, beer, etc.) and yeah... im ready to ride guys, i havent been on the quad in 3 months so im getting twitchy!!

August 9th and 10th at tahuya. If your staying there bring all you need to camp if your not just bring what you need for each days riding and eatin'. I plan on camping, So I am packing for the weekend of riding, drinking and havin a good time;)

JOEX
07-23-2003, 03:57 PM
We had a guy bring his inflatible girlfriend on our dune trip a couple weekends ago. I think her name was Shirley. Ask Joe, there were some strange sounds coming out of that guys tent :confused2
I'm sure glad I was on the other side of the camp ground!:D He kinda packed 'her' out in a fast way:p

If Jabberjaw is bringin the naked chicks, you'd better bring the air pump:eek:
LOL! That's what I thought too:D But if he brings the fat chicks we should bring extra food:blah: Any other type and the alcohol will do:devil:

Joe

Porkchop
07-24-2003, 12:16 PM
how we gonna know who's who at tahuya when everyone arrives?

chad400ex
07-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Everyone will be riding naked:blah:

Woodsrider
07-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
how we gonna know who's who at tahuya when everyone arrives?

I am driving a lite blue 89 toyota 4X4, pulling a black trailor

The dead givaway will be the EXriders sticker on the left rear window with Calvin on a quad:D

Right now it looks like seven for sure, Chad are you brining more guys up from Oregon, or just you?

I hope I can get my pipe in time:ermm:

JOEX
07-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Everyone will be riding naked:blah:
EEEEeeeewwwwww:blah:

Dark green Dakota (old style) yellow 400ex on a trailer.

Joe

chad400ex
07-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Looks like I'll just be coming for the day, but I think I'll drag someone else along with me. I've still got a couple weeks to figure that out.

dirtmomma
07-25-2003, 02:45 AM
Hey I might have to see if my hubby & I can meet up w/ you guys on this ride we may be taking the boy racing @ Hannegan since it's the last one on the 8-9th Where is this place at?? Also camping is ok??

Woodsrider
07-25-2003, 03:30 AM
Looks like I'll just be coming for the day, but I think I'll drag someone else along with me. I've still got a couple weeks to figure that out.

Which day?

Hey I might have to see if my hubby & I can meet up w/ you guys on this ride we may be taking the boy racing @ Hannegan since it's the last one on the 8-9th Where is this place at?? Also camping is ok??

Just south west of Olympia. From Everett, I guess your lookin at around a two hour drive each way.

JabberJaw
07-25-2003, 06:42 AM
I'll be driving a Intense Metalic Blue Dodge Dakota with Silver Racing stripes....30 naked chicks in the back!

chad400ex
07-25-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm thinking that Saturday will be the day for me, that way I can recover on Sunday from the long drive, and inhaling all that dust.

JOEX
07-25-2003, 03:22 PM
I'll be driving a Intense Metalic Blue Dodge Dakota with Silver Racing stripes....30 naked chicks in the back!
Can I follow you?:blah:

I bet we'll all be riding hard:macho

Joe

Woodsrider
07-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Thirty naked girls in the back of a Dakota.....
You'd have to grease 'em up to get them all in there:D God what a visual, I want to be the one greasing them up:macho

Porkchop
07-25-2003, 05:39 PM
ill be driving a dark green ford f-150 shortbox with a red 400 in the back with south sound honda racing stickers on the side of the gas tank. i may be towning a trailer but it all depends if i bring a friend or not

Woodsrider
07-26-2003, 01:21 PM
is any one else planning on stayin' the night there, or are you all just coming for saturday?

I figure there isn't any sence in staying the night there if no one will be there to ride with on sunday:ermm:

JOEX
07-26-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm packing to stay the night. Wether I stay the night will depend on the riding conditions...dust etc...:ermm:

Joe

Woodsrider
07-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Well I can assure you it will be dusty there. and there is a ban state wide on open fires:( So this means no camp fires. ( No problem for me I can get drunk by the light of a propane lantern just as well as I fire.) There is no sign of rain in the forcast.:ermm:

Woodsrider
08-01-2003, 12:26 PM
For those of you who are still planning on going to Tahuya next weekend, here is a link to a DNR map. The easisest place too meet up would be the misson creek parking area. For those who decide to stay the night we can head up to one of the caming areas from there.
DNR Map (http://www.dnr.wa.gov/base/tahuya/tahuya.pdf)

JabberJaw
08-02-2003, 03:53 AM
My wife said she was in no way going to help me pack for the night.... I told her to not worry and just roll over! Brought tears to her eyes!

dirtmomma
08-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Well if the hubby (Ron) & I show up (we're thinking about it) we will be in a 70's class C motorhome pulling either a 16ft flatbed trailer or a smaller one depending if we bring my son or not. sooooo how fast do you guys ride?? And for how long at a time?? I know if your gonna be a sissy stay on the sidelines LOL just want to know if I'm gonna be riding w/ crazies like I usually do or not hahaha. Well maybe we'll see ya there!!! Kym & Ron

JabberJaw
08-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Ooooh! I see chicks are gonna be there! I am going to wear my best suit, I got it for my first brithday!

Woodsrider
08-02-2003, 01:03 PM
My wife said she was in no way going to help me pack for the night.... I told her to not worry and just roll over! Brought tears to her eyes!

So does this mean your campin? I aint stayin the night if no-one else is. What time does everyone think they will be there on Saturday? by 9?

Ooooh! I see chicks are gonna be there! I am going to wear my best suit, I got it for my first brithday!

Yer gonna look awfully funny ridin in that:blah:

JOEX
08-02-2003, 02:41 PM
So does this mean your campin? I aint stayin the night if no-one else is. What time does everyone think they will be there on Saturday? by 9?
I'm hoping to leave by 6 so I should get there around 9? Maybe a little later...

I hope i'm not riding behind you!:blah:

Joe

Woodsrider
08-02-2003, 03:37 PM
9 it is, last one there is a pickled-egg-fart:eek:

dirtmomma
08-03-2003, 09:05 AM

OH boy that oculd be interesting LMFAO:o

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure if I will stay overnight or not...have to wait till it gets closer to that time.

dirtmomma
08-04-2003, 05:18 AM
Well now we dont' know if we're gonna be able to make it:( may have to help my parents move into thier new place they bought. soooo we'll have to see, if we do go we might just leave Fri night who knows. Would anyone object to my 13 yr old coming along?? Hell he'll be able to keep up if your worried about that, he'll go anywhere his Dad will LOL he can probably out ride some of us on the trails hahaha Anyway well hope to see you there!!

JOEX
08-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Not if he's faster than me:devious: J/k:p

I don't have a problem with him comming, hope you can make it!

Joe

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 07:46 AM
What if his dad is a real shiddy rider?

dirtmomma
08-04-2003, 01:00 PM
What if his dad is a real shiddy rider?

Oh I don't think we need to worry about that Jabber.....I think I'm beginning to see why you have the screen name you do hehehe j/k;)

JabberJaw
08-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Oh I don't think we need to worry about that Jabber.....I think I'm beginning to see why you have the screen name you do hehehe j/k;)

I like you already!

dirtmomma
08-05-2003, 12:08 PM
HAHAHA thanks jabberjaw!! Sooo am I the only female rider going to be there?? OH WELL! anyway got the 300 all cleaned up, took my front spacers off I'm ready to do some trail riding whoo hoo. Got the motorhome ready too, we're thinking about maybe leaving Fri night, was checking out the camping stuff today looks like they may have some decent camping. So how many riders in total are going??

Woodsrider
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Well, from what I see, less than 8:( I have myself, Jabberjaw, Joe, Chad, porkchop and you guys. It is trying to rain here right now. I hope we get enough rain to get the dust down.

JOEX
08-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Chad's not going to make it. He posted over at nwquadriders.com

It's been trying to rain dow here too..... alot of thunder earlier.....

Joe

yellowhonda
08-05-2003, 05:38 PM
what weekend are you guys riding??? and where.
i just bought a yamaha raptor...yeah i am sorry but i had to let my honda go....it was costing me too much money so i f i am still aloud and wont get the a@@ kicked out of me i am up for a ride!! let me know what weekend

JOEX
08-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Tahuya, Aug 9- maybe 10th Come along:)

Joe

deepcj7
08-05-2003, 06:09 PM
I will be attending. I live here near Tahuya and it rained less than a half inch, so there is no help for the dust. I will be in a 3/4 Ton Dodge diesel (silver) with a black 400EX

JabberJaw
08-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Whose sending me a map? I hate searching for strangers!

JOEX
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Whose sending me a map? I hate searching for strangers!
http://www.blazerworld.net/images/trails/TahuyaMap2.jpg
http://www.blazerworld.net/images/trails/TahuyaMap1.jpg

dirtmomma
08-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Well we're all loaded & ready to take off!! We are going to take off tonight (Fri) so I guess we'll just ride down to the Misson Creek parking on Sat. morning if we can. Never been there so I hope we can all find each other. We'll be in the campground & if there's more than one then who knows LOL once again we're pretty easy to spot....Dodge class C motorhome, w/ checker board racing curtains & it has a bunch of stickers on the back of it!! Our awning also says Sandvig Racing. And of course there will be two RED machines by it. SEE YA ALL DOWN THERE!!!!:D :cool:

Woodsrider
08-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I should be rolling in around 9:00 AM. I will have the CB on channel 33.

Blue Toyota with a black trailer.

Woodsrider
08-10-2003, 12:23 PM
To those who made it, thanks for coming out I had a great time....
I've got everything clean and put away already.
A Very special thanks to deepcj7, for the jets. I would have been bummin with out ya;)
Kim, hope your wrist gets better. You'll have to spend part of that gov check on a stabilizer:D You hung real well with the guys on some pretty tight chit. cudos to ya.
Joex, thanks for driving all the way up here for the ride, sorry about your tumble:rolleyes: I hope you can resolve the issue with the nerfs. You should be able to hammer the wheel out though.

And lastly, Jabberjaw, WTF where were you?! We were all looking foward to meeting you. To bad you missed it. we had a great time and the rain on Saturday morning really made for a great ride. The trails were super. Maybe next time:confused:

JOEX
08-10-2003, 02:53 PM
I had a great time as well:) It was worth the 3+ hour drive.

Thanks again, dirtmomma for the coffee and breakfast...sure hit the spot:D

Did a little more damage accessment..... I think the frame might be a little bent:ermm: Had it up on the grab bar and the lower cross bar that the bumper connects to is a little off square:ermm:
And the rim bashed into the caliper :( I think there is something messed up in there too.

That's what I get for trying to keep up with a faster rider (deepcj7) using PEP suspension against my stock chit:rolleyes:
Maybe some day i'll learn to ride within my abilities.....NOT!:p

I was hoping to meet JabberJaw as well:(
There will be a next time;)

Joe

JOEX
08-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Oh, Yeah.... soggyrider, your secret will be safe.... for a price:D :devil: j/k

Joe

Woodsrider
08-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Wow! I wish I could have seen that wreck:ermm: Bummer you bent the frame. I am sure its repairable though. While you getting it fixed might as well get it gusseted too. (and PC'd);)

At least you dont have to be back to work till mid week.:blah:

dirtmomma
08-10-2003, 03:12 PM
WOW what a good time we had too!!! It was nice to meet you guys & put faces w/ names. Thanks Soggy for the cudos;) I had a good time & really did like the trails just need to get into better shape & start doing some stregthening of the wrists!! You will have to come up to our neck of the woods sometime. Yeah I really do want to get a stabilizer I think it would be a great investment:p
JoeEX your welcome for the breakfast & coffee, sorry to hear about more damage you found thats a bummer:( but at least your ok!!

Deepcj7, was good to meet you too glad you came up for the day, LOVE THE BLACK FULL BORES:D :cool: we'll let ya know when we decide to go to the indoor MX practice they are supposed to start having races too on the weekends so that would be cool too!! Next time bring your wife & her quad!!

ANd now for you JABBERJAW WHAAAAZZZZZZUUUPPPPP???? Like everyone else said we were all looking forward to meeting you!! Well maybe next time huh:blah:

WEll hope we can get another trip planned sometime & mayube get some more riders!

JOEX
08-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I don't think it's bent enough to worry about... at least i'm not worried about it, I have a dune trip in two weeks:D
It's still ridable:macho :D

Thanks again for tightening up the battery cable:)

Joe

dirtmomma
08-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I don't think it's bent enough to worry about... at least i'm not worried about it, I have a dune trip in two weeks:D
It's still ridable:macho :D

Thanks again for tightening up the battery cable:)

Joe
Now thats the spirit Joe!!!! If it's ridable don't mess w/ it right :p

Woodsrider
08-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Is everybodies quad clean yet?:D

JOEX
08-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Now thats the spirit Joe!!!! If it's ridable don't mess w/ it right :p
Damn straight:macho .... no pun intended:p

Mine is:D I stopped at the do-it-your-self carwash a few blocks away and hosed it down:devil:

Joe

Woodsrider
08-10-2003, 03:52 PM
LOL you cheater. I used the hose in the yard, and a soapy mitt. I'd post a pic but they aint got that part of the forums fixed yet I dont think:mad:

dirtmomma
08-11-2003, 04:46 AM

Heck NO!!:o thats what I'll be doing today (Mon) maybe I can talk the boys into it hehehe if I tell the older boy he can use the pressure washer he'll be right on it!!

deepcj7
08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Hey guys, thanks for coming out to my neck of the woods, I would not have been able to attend otherwise.

Dirtmomma,
Thursday I will be heading over there to one of the indoor tracks, don't know which one but I will let yo know. I know it's a workday but everyone is invited. I won't be bringing my wife, but I'll drag along a Banshee buddy. Tell the Hubby I said "hello".

Soggyrider,
Let me know what you did when you finally get your bike dialed in.

JOEX,
Sorry about the get off, atleast you are still in good shape.

It was nice meeting you guys and I hope to do it again. I promise to stay longer next time. Also, I am willing to travel if you guys want to ride again.
My trip to Seaside, OR. went well, I got to see a whale beach itself and die up close. You probably saw it on the news. Take care guys.

dirtmomma
08-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Cool deepcj7 yeah email me & let me know where your going, still don't have brakes onthe blaster for the boy but am working on getting some. I guess he could go throw his 90 around for awhile. AH man that would of sucked to see the whale die:( but glad our trip went good!! WEll we'll be talking to ya later:)

Woodsrider
08-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by deepcj7
Soggyrider,
Let me know what you did when you finally get your bike dialed in.

Will do;) I hope to get time to tinker on it Sunday. I'm playin hooky from work on Saturday to hang the rest of the cabinets in the kitchen. We will be getting counter tops next week:D Needless to say the wife will be much happier.

dirtmomma
08-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey guys well I just found out my Dad who lives in Montana has 2.5 acres over at Tuhuya!! Heck it sounds like it's not too far from where we were at!! He's coming out this weekend to visit so I think we are going to drive over & check it out tooo see where it is & see what kind of camping/riding we can do!! He says we can use it when we want pretty much so that'll be great!! So the hubby & kids & I may be coming over there alot more now, he's been trying to sell it for years but heck maybe I'll get it:eek2: (thats just how my Dad is hehehe) Well thought I'd let ya know this little pc of info, heck Deepcj7 we will be neighbors on the weekends LOL :macho

Woodsrider
08-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey guys well I just found out my Dad who lives in Montana has 2.5 acres over at Tuhuya!! Heck it sounds like it's not too far from where we were at!! He's coming out this weekend to visit so I think we are going to drive over & check it out tooo see where it is & see what kind of camping/riding we can do!! He says we can use it when we want pretty much so that'll be great!! So the hubby & kids & I may be coming over there alot more now, he's been trying to sell it for years but heck maybe I'll get it:eek2: (thats just how my Dad is hehehe) Well thought I'd let ya know this little pc of info, heck Deepcj7 we will be neighbors on the weekends LOL :macho

Far out! Hope its close by;) I smell a kegger:D

JOEX
08-14-2003, 02:37 PM
That's cool.:macho That would be quite a score if can aquire it;)

Joe

dirtmomma
08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Kegger,kegger,kegger whoot whoot!!!! Yeah buddy that sounds good to me...kegger,campfire,stumbling,passing out LOL yep sounds fun LMAO!!!!

Well I found a used pep rebuildable steering dampner for $100 + ship, what do ya think of that deal?? It's off of a 400 & the guy wasn't sure if the brackets would fit on my 300 but I think it should work, maybe they sell different brackets (the guy thought so ) may have to grab that up, got my rear rims yesterday now just looking for someone who sells/or to make me some rings like on my other ones any ideas??? Think I'm gonna go talk to one of our sponsors who has the machine shop maybe he can, I just didn't want to have to wait too long. Impatience!!!! Anyway now I'm just waiting on my front tires:)

Woodsrider
08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Kim, my dampners frame bracket is milled for both square and round tube frames, if your isn't lmk and maybe we can swap them.

JOEX
08-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Square tubing vs. round tubing is what came to mind for me too. I would think that would the only hang up. Are the steering stems the same diameter?
Someone was selling rings in the for sale section not too long ago, he had a few sets I belive. May want to search around there a bit.

Joe

dirtmomma
08-16-2003, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys well I think I decided against the dampner for now, I just need to buck up & GET INTO SHAPE!!!!!! Ron was quite funny & wanted me to tell you I think they're for sissy's LMFAO I'm just giving you a hard time;) :blah: :o but I'm gonna wait for a little while need to get my motor freshened up 1st for Monroe & thats right around the corner:D Yeah I'm gonna do a search for the rings, C&D popped up on one of the threads & said they ahve them but I never asked so I'll see how much they want for thiers too. thanks again Kym;)

JOEX
08-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Aren't you a sissy racer?:devil: J/K:D
I'm still thinking maybe next year i'll get into sissy racing myself:p :D

Joe

Woodsrider
08-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Ahh pooh! What the heck does he know? He was always behind me:macho

JOEX
08-16-2003, 05:02 PM
:mad: :grr: :mad: :devil:

Only because I don't like to lead on one way trails;) :p I have a mashed up front bumper for evedence:o :blah: :devil:

Joe

dirtmomma
08-17-2003, 05:17 AM
:eek2: :eek: :eek: LMAO he said you guys really need to come up to OUR neck of the woods then we'll see who's leading & following j/p w/ ya;)
Yeah Joe you should start sissy racing hehehe it's sure alot of fun even though you just go fast & turn left it's an adrenaline rush!!!
Yeah soggy we know YOUR NOT A RACER hehehe
I sure do like messin wit you guys (oh look I'm almost spelling like monkeyboy LOL) :D :devil:

Woodsrider
08-17-2003, 12:34 PM
[BOnly because I don't like to lead on one way trails;) :p I have a mashed up front bumper for evedence:o :blah: :devil:

Joe [/B] No not you I was talkin about Ron:D

Yah leadin the way on one way trails sucks some times. Like when you lead 5 people down a dead end and every one has to turn around. Been there, done that:o

Chef
08-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Aren't you a sissy racer?:devil: J/K:D
I'm still thinking maybe next year i'll get into sissy racing myself:p :D

Joe

Sissy racing??:mad: :scary: :devil:

deepcj7
08-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey Guys,
Went to Tahuya today for a couple of hours, NO DUST! That's because I was by myself. It was a blast anyway, tons of trails, I think that's my new favorite place to ride. See ya

JOEX
08-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by deepcj7
Hey Guys,
Went to Tahuya today for a couple of hours, NO DUST! That's because I was by myself. It was a blast anyway, tons of trails, I think that's my new favorite place to ride. See ya
LOL! Sure wish I had a place like that so close by:)

Joe

dirtmomma
08-18-2003, 03:53 AM
Sissy racing??:mad: :scary: :devil:

OH don't worry Chef...it was joke;) we had going when we went riding......you have to admit though you don't get thrown around like in MX.

OH Man deepcj......I wish I lived that close so I could go there & ride. Did you & your buddy ever come down to one of the indoor tracks last week?? If so which one & how was it??

deepcj7
08-18-2003, 05:23 PM
No Dirtmomma, he backed out cause of work. I hope to make it up there soon.

Floorit
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
My boy and I are heading to Tahuya State Forest earley saturday morning to ride for the day...

Anyone else headed there?

We might even take off early Friday afternoon and try to get a campsite somewhere close for the night.

We have a family reunion on sunday real close there, so we thought we'd take full advantage of driving so far.:p