PDA

View Full Version : 300ex oil cooler kit

01-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Just wanted to see if anybody has bought a Jag oil cooler for the 300ex. or any oil cooler for that matter. IF you did where did you get it from and how much? Does it work? thanks

400exdad
01-11-2002, 05:25 AM
Somebody said the www.fourstroketech.com kit that is under the kit of the month button is the same for a 300ex. It'l like $150.

Braff1
01-11-2002, 05:58 AM
I got a oil cooler for my 300 EX from Four stroke Tech. It comes with a oil cooler and some hose. The hose attaches to the metal oil line on the right side of the engine. You cut it about an inch from the top and attach the hose fill the oil cooler and she is ready to go.

Dan

kc 300EX
01-11-2002, 01:14 PM
http://www.fourstroketech.com/fst_main.htm

quadfamily
01-11-2002, 04:02 PM
I was looking for one of those aftermarket oil filter covers that have holes drilled and tapped for fittings that you connect the hose to that goes to the cooler. I wanted to do it this way instead of cutting the oil line that goes to the top end. I already have a nice cooler that I want to use. Does anybody know where to get just the cover?

Dunlap
01-11-2002, 08:25 PM
The reason for cuting the oil line is to feed the cooler oil in to the cam and rocker's which is the highest wear area.If you run the oil through the rest of the engine by way of the filter it won't do as much good.

quadfamily
01-12-2002, 07:44 AM
I didn't realize that. I thought it would be a disadvantage to cool ONLY the oil going to the top end and let the rest of the engine oil heat up. If you are actually Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech then I bought an .080" over 11:1 piston for my 300EX from you a while back but I haven't installed it yet. I'm trying to get some other things in order like the oil coller before I install the piston. I have a really nice oil cooler from a street bike for it and I just need to connect it to the oil line now I guess. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Dunlap
01-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Your oil cooler should work fine. Make sure you fill the lines up before you connect the last hose so the engine gets oil to the head immediately.