PDA

View Full Version : 909 clutch lever

Holty
01-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Anybody using the FMF Factory 909 clutch lever & perch. How do you like it. Is it worth the $90? Pics would be nice too.

Right now i'm running the MSR Raptor clutch lever and finding that it binds up the clutch cable a little, and I would like to try something different.

Any info. is appreciated.

400MXer
01-10-2002, 09:48 PM
I don't like my MSR Raptor either. I want to get a RTC lever. And if ya got the dough, get a works connection.

Holty
01-11-2002, 07:12 AM
I've never heard of either of those. Do you have more info? thanks

01-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Yup I agree,,,I like FMF products...but that's a little too much for a perch,,but the works connection is the best hands down,,but it's like $120,,most pro's use them so they must be good.. Try James lucky, rocky mountain ATV,,or heck call Terry at marcums he should be able to take care of ya..

Scott
01-11-2002, 09:14 AM
What's the advantage over using a CR perch and lever?

Holty
01-11-2002, 08:36 PM
www.worksconnection.com (http://www.worksconnection.com)

Does anybody know for $125 do you get the lever and the perch, or just the perch? Also, why so much money??

01-11-2002, 09:19 PM
The Works Connection is $125 for the perch and lever. I had the 909 perch and lever before I got the WC and I was not happy with it, and it is NOT worth $90! The WC setup is three times as good! The action is super smooth and nice and light. I highly recommend it. It is alot for a perch and lever, but if you want the best you are going to have to pay for it.

Clint

Holty
01-11-2002, 09:32 PM
CRC400EX,

which one do you have?? there is two different ones on the website. One is called "pro" and the other is "EZ adjust"?? The "pro" one is the $125, and the "EZ adjust" is $99.99. Also, would there be anything else I need or should watch out for with the install or anything like that?? thanks alot.

Holty
01-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Just ordered the Works Connection Pro Perch & lever today. Should be here next week some time, i'll keep everyone posted.

01-12-2002, 06:14 PM
The "Pro" is the one I was talking about at $125.

Installation is pretty straight forward you shouldnt have any problems.

It is a nice piece you will dig it>:D

Clint

Evan
01-12-2002, 07:45 PM
On my atc250R I put a motion pro terminator clutch cable on it with a shorty lever and it made a world of difference. I tried the cable with the stock lever and it was even better. Even with the shorty(it was a MSR raptor system) it was easy to pull on the hardest setting of the 3. They are like 20 bucks from Rocky Mt. If you got one of those and a CR lever and perch that would work great. That is what I am going to put back on my R when I rebuild it, except I got the PEP modified cr lever and perch.

Holty
01-19-2002, 01:04 PM
CRC400EX,

was that price for the perch & lever (as shown on Works Connection Website) or just for the perch?? Also, where did you buy yours from? thanks

is this what I'm getting?? (see pic)

doctor_915
01-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Sorry for the off topic post here but...Holty do you know where Richeyville and Centerville, and Bealsville PA are?

Holty
01-19-2002, 07:22 PM
yah, kinda, i'm pretty sure i've been to all of those places a few times. why do you ask?

doctor_915
01-19-2002, 08:05 PM
I asked b/c under your little name tag thingy it says Washington Pa and Washington aint too far from my home town of Richeyville.Never seen many trails up by Washington though.

oynot400
01-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Holty
Anybody using the FMF Factory 909 clutch lever & perch. How do you like it. Is it worth the $90? Pics would be nice too.

Right now i'm running the MSR Raptor clutch lever and finding that it binds up the clutch cable a little, and I would like to try something different.

Any info. is appreciated.
I had the same problem with the Rapor lever. I ended up chewing up 2 clutch cables. :mad:
While I was at the Little Sahara, the guy that has the shop talked me into a Fly perch. He agreed that the FMF was nice but the Fly was $50 cheaper and just as good of quaility.:D

01-20-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm interested in putting this CR perch and lever on my 85 ATC250R. How much does it cost, where can I get it, and what is the difference between the regular CR parts and the PEP modified CR parts?

Evan
01-20-2002, 06:41 PM
I got my PEP from NACS for about 35 bucks. The PEP is a CR lever and perch that has a hole drilled in the lever closer to the handlebars so it has more leverage. Looks to me like it might wear on the cable but I will see. Eventually I will just get a hydraulic clutch but this is a quick fix for now.

01-20-2002, 09:49 PM
$125 is for the perch and lever. For $125 you should get a set of bars with it too!:eek:

I cant remember where I bought mine from. You know what they say about short term memory loss... what was I saying... Oh yea, that pic you posted is the perch and lever I have, you should hopefully be getting the same one. Later.

Clint

MOOCAZEN
01-21-2002, 11:22 AM
CLLD AVS, THEY MAKE A BILLET ONE AND THE COOL THING IT HAS A SPRING SO THE LEVER BENDS BACKWARDS UP TO 90 DEGRESS, ALSO HAS AND ADJUSTER TO PULL LEVER IN OR OUT WITH AN ALLEN WRENCH, ITS PRETTY SWEET, IM GETTING THAT ONE NEXT, I RUN THE MSR RAPTOR LEVER, ITS ALRIGHT, WAS A BIG DIFFERENCE COMPARED TO STOCK THOUGH

doctor_915
01-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Hey Moocazen, where could I find one of these CLLD AVS lever and perches? They sound pretty trick. Do you know how much they cost cuz I am looking for a new perch and lever also. Thanks 4 any help.

Holty
01-21-2002, 12:54 PM
the Works Connection perch and lever is also made of Billet Aluminum and also has the adjustment to move it in or out. i should be getting mine in about a week or so......my local shop said they couldn't find me one, so i just ordered one from Works Connection myself today. should be another week before i get it. either the guy on the phone was a good salesman or i'm just gullable but he kept goin on and on about how many features it had and why it is more money than the others. i feel i will be happy with it.

MOOCAZEN
01-21-2002, 01:06 PM
THEY RUN LIKE 80 BUCKS, ILL TRY TO GET THE WEBSITE FROM MY LOCAL DEALER, THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK, ILL TELL THEM TO GIVE ME THE WEBSITE ADRESS AND PUT IT ON THIS SITE

EX_RIDER
01-21-2002, 06:42 PM
I my self also run the MSR rapter set up.
At first I went thur 3 cables and was getting really mad till I found out the right set up.

Stock OEM cable with the adjuster it's self with the little slot facing downward.That way the cable can't get binded up on it and break off.Make sure you have the locking nut right up to the perch so it don't spin any. And water will not get in it as easlly.I have going 5 months with no broken cables.

A cable is a great investment by the way and very easy to use!!

Holty
02-03-2002, 02:43 PM
O.k., went riding yesterday with the new clutch lever & perch. Wow what a difference over stock and 100 time better than my MSR clutch lever. You can tell right away this thing is quality. The pull is adjustable and is very smooth to pull. I was actually riding faster through the trails cause i felt more "sure" when shifting if that makes any sense? I don't really know how to explain the "feel" of it. You really just have to try it to know what I mean. I still don't know if it's worth all the money i paid for it, but i don't regret buying it so judge for yourself.