PDA

View Full Version : jetting

3x440ex
06-22-2003, 08:19 AM
i've been tilting back a few coors light so bare with me......LOL:D :D .anyways i want to put my motor back to stock..the only thing i might have a problem with is the head. it has a race port job done on it and i don't know if putting it back to stock is that gonna screw up my jetting?.....should i try and swap out the head for one that's stock? by the way i have a W/B mid range cam( same as Hotcam stage 2 i think) i will trade for a stock cam as long as you pay shipping both ways.

TheX1992
06-22-2003, 09:30 AM
it might mess up your jetting but im not sure.....its a 400ex right? just curious. so the only mod would be a port job? it shouldnt be that bad.....but dont quote me on that :)

3x440ex
06-22-2003, 09:39 AM
yeah it's a 400ex.......when i'm done the only mods should be a W/B foam filter, choke removed and the ported head....i plan on putting the stock exhaust back on, the airbox lid back on, the stock cam back in, the stock rev limiter and rejetting back to a 148 or maybe a little higher... thanks.

JATV250
06-22-2003, 02:07 PM
you will probably change your jetting if it was jetted for the ported head, exhaust, and the airbox lid off.