PDA

View Full Version : frame gusseters

01-10-2002, 07:34 PM
I have a 2002 300ex and I would like to have the frame gusseted. I am from Lawrenceburg, IN and I was just wondering who and where I ould send the frame to have it gusseted? how much does it generally run to have done?

TRX_Thumper
01-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Well since its not even a year old theres no point. And if your goin to race moto x theres no point of even trying unless you have aftermarket shocks. So why are you worried about it breaking ?

400exRacerX
01-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I definatley wouldnt worry about gussetted a brand new 300ex. Plus the fact you won't be going to high in the air just for the fact of the bike being a 300ex. You definatley need aftermarket shocks first, and I would only gussett it if you are really hard on the bike and jumping it big. Otherwise gussetting it would just be a waste of money and a huge huge waste on time and effort. Heres a pic of some of the gusetting on my bike,

cron-ex
01-10-2002, 08:07 PM
am i dumb or what? whats guesseting?? sorry if thats a dumb question. but from lookin at the pic, does it have somtin to do with welding?

01-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by cron-ex
am i dumb or what? whats guesseting?? sorry if thats a dumb question. but from lookin at the pic, does it have somtin to do with welding?

frame gussets are welded in weak spots of a frame to help give it strength and not break as easy....kinda hard to explain but they give them alot of strength we put em in our race car roll cages too...hope i helped..toby

01-11-2002, 05:23 AM
actually I want the frame gusseted for xc racing. I have the bike completely stripped to a bar frame and ready to be gusseted. I am ordering aarms, a swing arms, steering stem, bearing carrier and some other things from lonestar on monday, and then ordering my shocks after I get the frame gusseted and powder coated and , all together, then I will order some pep or works. I really need to know where to get this mofo strenghtened.

01-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Send Chris29 a email or pm him,,he just dropped his frame and stuff off in southern IN,,in floyd knobs I think,,not really sure were lawrenceburg is,,but maybe he could help ya out,,since your in IN..too..

01-11-2002, 11:02 AM
anyone is in the southeast Missouri area that wants gussets,
I can weld them in but I cant powdercoat....yet.
email me kbperf@yahoo.com

chris29
01-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Yeah I took my to a place in floyd knobs, IN and had them gusset my frame and powder coat it for me. The place is called RC Laser. If you live close to it let me know and I will give you the number for them. If your going to gusset your frame you should just go ahead and have it powdercoated.

01-11-2002, 03:20 PM
yea, I want the number. they use chromoly? where is flyod knbs close too. I am 2 hrs from indy and less than an hour from cincy ohio, and 20 minutes from florence ky

chris29
01-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Okay heres the number (812)923-1918 ask for charlie just tell him what you want. They will gusset your frame and powdercoat it for you pretty cheap. I live in louisville so its pretty close to me like 15 mins. If you are wanting chroming done he does not do that. But Rico knows someone who does in IN. Me and him just sent out parts to be chromed.