PDA

View Full Version : why do my beadlocks leak?????

QuadRacer041
06-21-2003, 11:37 PM
i have a brand new set or burgaurd beadlocks and razor mx tires, which i mounted myself and one of them has a slow leak.i havent even rode them yet.is there a torq spec on the beadlock rings?do i need to seal it?
i also have another set of rear beadlocks that i bought new already mounted and they never leaked, i just replaced the tires on those myself and now they both have slow leaks, whats the deal, lol?
the new wheels and tires went on real easy, the tires seated perfect in the groove for the rings but it still leaks, the used set, was tuff getting the bead to seat right in the groove but i think they are.
is this a common thing or what, i feel like im an idiot.

06-22-2003, 01:06 AM
not sure why...
but I have heard this about that manufacturer lots before:eek2:

06-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Mine still have the air in them from when i mounted the tires up 3 months ago...:confused:

When me and Jeff mounted them..we cut all accesive rubber left from the mold. Like on the inside of the tire were it meets either the bead side or the inside..we cut it and made it a clean edge all the way around and I haven't had a problem since. Mountin the tires on the rims was a ******...I can say that..:grr: But no leaks and there holding up great...:)

QuadRacer041
06-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Mine still have the air in them from when i mounted the tires up 3 months ago...:confused:

When me and Jeff mounted them..we cut all accesive rubber left from the mold. Like on the inside of the tire were it meets either the bead side or the inside..we cut it and made it a clean edge all the way around and I haven't had a problem since. Mountin the tires on the rims was a ******...I can say that..:grr: But no leaks and there holding up great...:)

who asked you anyway.....:devil: :eek: :D

im kiddin, ill remove the rings and try that, but i even put a little rubber cement around the beads too,:( .....we'll see what happens

Pappy
06-22-2003, 03:50 AM
i found my problem...the valve stem insert was loose. nomore leak:D

YamaWarr0121
06-22-2003, 04:23 AM
mine leaked, but i was informed by K&K that you have to tighten the bolts on the ring in opposing order, half turns until you tighten them to the correct torque, once i did that, no more leaking problems..