PDA

View Full Version : x-6 what the heck???

cals400ex
06-21-2003, 06:36 PM
i just put on my new x-6 stainless steel system and it feels as if i lost power. i don't know why. i rejetted to a keihin 165 main. i also run an open air box lid. my bike is all stock besides that. plug looks like a good color. i put new exhaust gaskets in the head and i used anti seize on the header/silencer connection. there is not an exhaust clamp on the header/silencer but that is normal. i am running a 42 pilot and the clip is down one from stock on the needle. any suggestions would be great.

Pappy
06-21-2003, 06:38 PM
its possible the pipe helps make power in the mid range and top end and a slight loss of bottom:confused:

06-21-2003, 06:48 PM
nah u got wrong jets or somethin...cuz i gained power big time

06-22-2003, 03:23 AM
:confused: when u figure it out let us know

on z throttle
06-22-2003, 03:54 AM
:ermm: Maybe you jetted it wrong, that 165 main sounds quite large for your mods and I would have changed you slow jet to a 45 and NOT move the pin setting. (but thats just my oppinion) I got GOBBS of more power with mine:devil:

bmw500hp
06-22-2003, 04:09 AM
168 what builder reccomended with an x6 / 416 and cam..sounds large for stock motor

cals400ex
06-22-2003, 04:25 AM
also, i noticed that it leaks a little at the welds before the silencer. if you all wouldn't mind, would you check yours to see if it leaks? it would not be noticable by sound or anything. i just started it and slowly followed my hand along the whole pipe and it seems to have a little leak at the welds and where the end cap is rivoted to the silencer. i am not sure what to do. as for the jets, my plug was a nice tan color. however, i didn't do a plug chop. the nice color could of been from the pilot or needle, possibly not the main jet. C and D is who recommended the 165 with an open lid and a 160 keihin with the lid in place. they said 42 or 45 pilot. the needle they recommended in the factory place but with my factory gutted pipe it ran better in the 4th notch so i left it there for now. i could change anytime though. if i call them tomorrow, i would be able to get a new pipe wouldn't i? i should not have to pay for shipping on this one back either correct? however, i do think C and D had awesome service. any questions i had they were glad to answer. the pipe even came here two days before they said it would. so i am pleased with their service and will be doing business with them again when i decide to get more parts for the 400ex. thanks for the help.

Blake24
06-22-2003, 05:32 AM
I dont think its your pipe. I think you need to mess around with the jetting a bit.

cals400ex
06-22-2003, 08:12 AM
oh no, i don't think it my pipe either. i just wanted a different one since i just bought this one and have 10 minutes of riding on it and it leaks. by the way, this thing wasn't cheap and i figure if i pay what i did for a pipe, it better not have any problems. i will rejet the bike and see what happens but i won't be riding it anymore until i give them a call. i just don't want to ride it because i know it leaks and they may not take it back if i ride it more.