PDA

View Full Version : 426ex vs predator comparison

Dune Surfer
06-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I sold my 426 to get a predator. I was having of buyers remorse thinking I would miss my honda. With this in mind I went for a ride on my new predator today. After riding awhile I opened the bad boy up. Let me tell you when that pred hits about half throttle hang on. Incredible power. So much faster then my honda. You can ride it like a two stroke. I was laughing out loud. There is no comparing the two quads. The predator wins hands down .Power, handling, suspension kick a 400's arse. Honda better get on the ball.
Some here will say the honda is better, all I can say to that is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. LMFGDAFO. I just wish I would have gotten rid of that POS honda earlier. air cooled sucks.
do yourself a favor go over to the dark side buy a predator:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :D

TroyLeePred03
06-21-2003, 07:30 PM
once u go black u dont go back:D ....glad you like it...everyone that rides one doesnt have a complaint besides one guy said it was too fast..lol...im sure the 400 loyals here are gonna chew your arse on this one:p

Chanman420q
06-22-2003, 04:49 AM
id get one, but im having trouble paying off my air cooled honda :mad:

WalshKFX
06-22-2003, 06:25 AM
good choice man. i just bought a kfx and i wish i got the pred. i like the kfx but the problems are killing me. if i had the money then i would.

TroyLeePred03
06-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
good choice man. i just bought a kfx and i wish i got the pred. i like the kfx but the problems are killing me. if i had the money then i would. wat problems are u having?

nacs400ex
06-22-2003, 03:04 PM
I dunno, but up here the Pred's cant do nothen to a 400ex. On the MX track... the preds can't handle like a 400ex at all. I am sorry maybe it is faster, but I am not switching.

I can see if I rode dunes, because they are more of a duning type quad, but for MX hell no. How bout this, You keep your predator for awhile and see the reliablity. Cause I know for a fact it wont hold up like a Honda. But enough with my opinions on them.

Good Luck with your Pred, and safe riding with all that power :)

One question for ya, what you gunna say when Honda drops the new 450??

"Damn, shoulda bought one of those" ????????

Dune Surfer
06-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
I dunno, but up here the Pred's cant do nothen to a 400ex. On the MX track... the preds can't handle like a 400ex at all. I am sorry maybe it is faster, but I am not switching.

I can see if I rode dunes, because they are more of a duning type quad, but for MX hell no. How bout this, You keep your predator for awhile and see the reliability. Cause I know for a fact it wont hold up like a Honda. But enough with my opinions on them.

"Damn, shoulda bought one of those" ????????

The honda I had was a pain in the *** Took forever to find a solution to blowing head gaskets, when I did the case cracked. So truthfully I would never buy a honda. I know their rep but mine was a lemon. And I don't ride mx mostly dunes and trails.

06-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
The honda I had was a pain in the *** Took forever to find a solution to blowing head gaskets, when I did the case cracked. So truthfully I would never buy a honda. I know their rep but mine was a lemon. And I don't ride mx mostly dunes and trails.

Hmmm so how fast/slow is a lemon :D :blah:

I am waiting to ride a modded pred because the stock one I had a chance to ride wasnt doing much for me beyond the excelent suspension for a stock machine.

Your correct about the mid to top rpm hit it was a blast.

06-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Give us a review after 2 years of use...:)

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:29 AM
I sold my 426 to get a predator. I was having of buyers remorse thinking I would miss my honda. With this in mind I went for a ride on my new predator today. After riding awhile I opened the bad boy up. Let me tell you when that pred hits about half throttle hang on. Incredible power. So much faster then my honda. You can ride it like a two stroke. I was laughing out loud. There is no comparing the two quads. The predator wins hands down .Power, handling, suspension kick a 400's arse. Honda better get on the ball.
Some here will say the honda is better, all I can say to that is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. LMFGDAFO. I just wish I would have gotten rid of that POS honda earlier. air cooled sucks.
do yourself a favor go over to the dark side buy a predator:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :D ROFLMGDAO! Glad you liked it.....I knew you would;)

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex

I can see if I rode dunes, because they are more of a duning type quad, but for MX hell no. How bout this, You keep your predator for awhile and see the reliablity. Cause I know for a fact it wont hold up like a Honda. But enough with my opinions on them.

"Damn, shoulda bought one of those" ???????? I guess its a rider issue then.:o :p ;) TIll get you some clips of it on the MX, it kicks *** on the track IMO....in air is awesome, and on the trails is takes you where you want to go.....I know we all cant love the same quads, we all have our own opiions, :)

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Give us a review after 2 years of use...:) I would be happy too ...

Dune Surfer
06-23-2003, 05:43 AM
Give us a review after 2 years of use...:)

My EX didn't last that long:eek2: So open your mind the preator couldn't be worse;)

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Hmmm so how fast/slow is a lemon :D :blah:

I am waiting to ride a modded pred because the stock one I had a chance to ride wasnt doing much for me beyond the excelent suspension for a stock machine.

Your correct about the mid to top rpm hit it was a blast. soetime next month, I am getting Troy a surprise mod for his Preddy.....:D Its a Vortex CDI.Has 10 settings and adds around 1800RPM's...... Thsi will bump it right around 10,200 if Im correct...Right now ,ours has alot of get up with the K&N direct, but taps out so fast it needs a CDI Badly......Im tellin ya, with a K&N direct with a pipe and dropping a tooth, this thing has no problem ....Too bad the CDI was so damn expensive:grr:

Dune Surfer
06-23-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I guess its a rider issue then.:o :p ;) TIll get you some clips of it on the MX, it kicks *** on the track IMO....in air is awesome, and on the trails is takes you where you want to go.....I know we all cant love the same quads, we all have our own opiions, :)

you go girl:D

06-23-2003, 05:59 AM
My EX didn't last that long:eek2: So open your mind the preator couldn't be worse;)

mines had 3 years of XC and MX racing and not one motor issue...:)

I've owned 2 polaris quads and they both eventually couldn't handle the abuse i gave them..even after suspension mods. I"m not wishing bad luck on any of you I hope it last a long time. But Dune Surfer made it sound like a 400ex is a POS. Going to GNC, GNCC, local harescrambles and local MX races.. you'll see more 400ex's racing than any other quad on the market. I did see the front end of a predator get bent up pretty bad this weekend from a simple nose plant by a man that wasn't even jumping..:( Rolled a 15ft double, went over the bars and it jacked the front end up alot more than I thought it would have..

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 07:42 AM
mines had 3 years of XC and MX racing and not one motor issue...:)

I've owned 2 polaris quads and they both eventually couldn't handle the abuse i gave them..even after suspension mods. I"m not wishing bad luck on any of you I hope it last a long time. But Dune Surfer made it sound like a 400ex is a POS. Going to GNC, GNCC, local harescrambles and local MX races.. you'll see more 400ex's racing than any other quad on the market. I did see the front end of a predator get bent up pretty bad this weekend from a simple nose plant by a man that wasn't even jumping..:( Rolled a 15ft double, went over the bars and it jacked the front end up alot more than I thought it would have.. I had a friend hit a cow on his farm with it in third gear,and came out with no damage.....I think its all a hit and miss with all the quads, Ive heard good and bad about all makes and models....

Pappy
06-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I had a friend hit a cow

damn thing is living up to its name:scary:

nacs400ex
06-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Well if I taped the ATV Canadian Nationals I would show you. You can ask 400exBro for some footage, I think he taped it. But I dont know if he cant get it onto his computer. I am not doubting its a fast machine. But for me I dont think its the right machine. Good luck with your preds, lets be glad we all have quads :p

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 08:57 AM
The beauty of the Predator is all the nice extras it has,how much money would I have to sink inot my 400ex to give it what the Predator has..............I love my Honda and in fact ,Ill be buying the next new one(if its a keeper;) ) .Tony, I get a visual of you riding and laughing.,and now Im crackin up!!!!!!LMAO:p

seven
06-23-2003, 10:47 AM
For a stock quad the predator is a great all around quad. I have got to ride one on a mx track and they hold there own. My only complaint is the lack of low end power but the mid and top makes up for it. Maybe the new yamaha will be better but nobody knows yet.

Dune Surfer
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
I knew this tread would start everybody talking:D Don't get me wrong the ex is a good quad. Understand that I ride mostly dunes and some trails in the summer. I never plan on racing. I'm not a small guy at 240 lbs my fat arse is to much of a load for even a built ex to pull up big dunes all day in 90 degree heat.
The sand just sucks so much power.
So if you are a bigger rider that needs more power here are your choices.

DS... Just to big, even for me.

Raptor... Their tyranny problems and reluctance to repair them turned me off on Yamaha. Plus they need a-arms, shocks , and an axle to be good in the dunes.

Banshee... king of the dunes, but clunky to ride, red sticker in cali means no riding all summer, no thanks.

Kawy 700. no thanks. auto trans tank

250R sweet bike but just getting to old.

Predator... good power, great suspension and handling. scary to buy polaris but the best choice for me. If you haven't ridden one you would be surprised.

Thank God we all have quads!!

TroyLeePred03
06-23-2003, 06:22 PM

Predator... If you haven't ridden one you would be surprised.

Thank God we all have quads!! yes thank god most of us do and enjoy them no matter what it is.....and honestly if u havent ridden one then dont talk ....u see things but do u have a first hand experience?no everyone ive talked to thats ridden one likes it for what it is....i suggest u all go to a dealer and say youd like to test ride one to see what it is all about or ask someone that owns one to take it for a quick circle spin to see what its about...i doubt u will hate it...i was sketchy on it at times wondering is it that heavy?is it gonna lack power?is it gonna need lots of mods?will i have warranty issues?....many first year questions...but once i started opening the crate that warm day in winter the snow melted it was perfect i uncrated her, poured gas in, connected the battery started her up warmed it up and took a put up the road...i almost **** my pants going up the road in 1/4 throttle i almost went over backwards...lol..i was impressed greatly and i took pictures that night got it all polished and cleaned up i rode it the next day put my first hour on it and changed the oil and its run mint since:cool:

own2424
06-24-2003, 04:38 AM

Banshee... king of the dunes, but clunky to ride, red sticker in cali means no riding all summer, no thanks.

Yea, Banshees are great out there. I have no sticker crap on my quad, so maybe BLM might pull me over this winter when I come back (HAHA). I think I'm up for another Banshee, just a little more worked out with some nice T5's on it. Nothing compares to a shee out there, but some poeple just dont favor the 2stroke or maybe they JUST CANT HANDLE THE POWER of this beast! :macho

RuffRyder400ex
06-25-2003, 02:09 AM
glad you like it. i would get one but i cant afford it

Ryan
06-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Dune Surfer, since the quad is about 415 pounds..... I hear you can shave about 15 pounds off of it, easily. Take some extra added crap off of it, and it will be lighter ;) .

Just a thought :macho .

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Dune Surfer, since the quad is about 415 pounds..... I hear you can shave about 15 pounds off of it, easily. Take some extra added crap off of it, and it will be lighter ;) .

Just a thought :macho . I bet the new fullbore will be lighter........:macho :blah: :cool:

RED121572
06-29-2003, 08:31 AM
My predator is bone stock. I dont so much consider my EX to have mild mod's anymore. At 12.5.1 and 435cc's.....its nothing to sneeze at.

My EX bottom end is stronger than the Predator. The predator still wins hands down for mid to top end power.

Even though I prefer riding the Polaris over my EX on most rides, I could never part with the ole Honda. :D

RED

400exredrider
07-03-2003, 03:53 PM
i have a predator and a duncan 440ex yes the predator is fun to ride cause its like a 2 stroke with a breath taking revv BUT i race MX and let me tell you this there is no way a predator can catch a 400ex on the mx track maybe its just me but every time someone with a pred asks me to race them 1 around the track they dont get cloes to the 400ex maybe its just them but ive seen som good riders drivin them and not beable to keep up another thing.my buds wanted me to go on a trail ride with them.which i normally dont do but i dont mind it.i said i aint taking my 440 its mx setup and too wide and my pred is in the shop gettin a free oil change other wise i wolda done it sop my bud that has 2 stock exes said just take one of mine so there was 2 400exs and 2 predators my bud sucks at ridint but the guys on the pedators werent bad but they way it turnt out through all them tight trail is me leading them all on with old red and at one point i had to stop and wait for the other guys.but i dunno im a exprienced racer havent done much trail riding tho so not bad for me to do that to them!!:p i like the pred but im waiting for honda to come outta the shell cause red will always bee in my veins