PDA

View Full Version : Wisp parking?

gncc571
06-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Has anyone heard how they are going to do the parking? Are we going to have to what across the road for half the day like last year.

12gofast
06-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I didnt wait last year! I had no problems with parking there.

Pappy
06-21-2003, 03:34 PM
amen...im getting there around noon if at all possible. last year was a mess:scary:

propartsracing
06-22-2003, 02:49 AM
Mike talked to John Ayers at the last national... he said that a different person runs the parking there, so he really didn't know what was up. I have an e-mail into Racer Productions to find out, because if it's going to be tight again (in the pro pits), we're not going to bring the motorhome.

Will let you know whenever I hear back from Racer.

Trish

Teufel
06-23-2003, 05:07 AM
Why would there be anymore room this year in comparison to last year :confused:confused: :confused:

Pappy
06-23-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Teufel
Why would there be anymore room this year in comparison to last year :confused:confused: :confused:

last year they had some parking at the actual course...and parking about 2 miles away with noway to get quads and gear to the course:scary: i know 2 people that got so jacked up they said screw it and went home:confused2

12gofast
06-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Last year Teufel and I got there around 8 AM and we didnt have any problems finding a place to park and pit....it was quite easy and we had a good spot if I remember correctly

gncc571
06-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 12gofast
Last year Teufel and I got there around 8 AM and we didnt have any problems finding a place to park and pit....it was quite easy and we had a good spot if I remember correctly
8 am on Friday or Saturday,we got there about 9am Friday and sat at the fair gounds across the highway for half the day before they would let anyone in at the track.

cdalejef
06-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Yep....we had to go to the fair grounds friday night, unload our stuff, camp, load everything back up in the morning and made it over to the track 1 hour before the morning race.

lt250r91
06-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Here you go Directly from gnccracing.com

WISP GNCC GATE/PARKING PROCEDURE

Racer Productions has set the schedule for this weekend's MSR Grand National Cross Country Race, to be held at the Wisp at Deep Creek Mountain Resort, McHenry, Md. Round 9 of the 2003 series will attract the top off-road riders in America to challenge the mountain.

To accommodate the anticipated large crowd, all participants must register at the Racer Headquarters located at the Garrett County Fairgrounds on Route 219 directly across from the Wisp prior to being admitted to the resort. Participants will receive a parking pass at registration that will designate when they are permitted to move their pit rig to the Wisp. Once permitted to move your pit rig to the Wisp, simply stop at the Wisp gate and show the attendant your arm band and parking pass, and you're in. Our parking crew will then assist you with where to park.

Camping at the Fairgrounds is free in the meantime. Small campfires are permitted at the Fairgrounds, but please, no campfires on the Wisp property.

All spectators will also be required to go to the Fairgrounds for parking and use the complimentary GNCC Shuttle service to and from the Wisp. Registered participants will be permitted to use the day-only parking lot at the Wisp for non-pit vehicles (no trailer or camper).
So if you arrive on Friday but cannot move your pit rig to the Wisp until Saturday, you can still drive over and park during the day at the day-only lot.

Gate fees will be collected at the Fairgrounds as well. The gate fee for this event is $15 per person 7 years and older, which includes unlimited ski lift access, so be sure to take advantage of this exciting ride. Spectators and competitors will be given arm bands, which will permit entry to the Wisp at any time prior to midnight daily.

GNCC Golf registration will be held at the Parts Unlimited tent on Friday at Noon. Be sure to stop at the Fairgrounds first and get your gate pass and register to race (if you are a racer). If there is a line at registration, let the girls know you are a golfer and they will give you the fast pass to the front of the line. Remember, anyone can golf. The fee is $80, and supports America's Team in its quest for world bragging rights at the ISDE this November in Brazil. For more information on GNCC Golf, check out the ISDE section of GNCCRacing.com.

Everyone is invited to the Parts Unlimited Hospitality Dinner and GNCC Golf Tournament Awards Banquet Friday evening at 7:00 pm under the Parts Unlimited Tent (it's the really, really big one). GNCC Racing is proud to have Parts Unlimited as presenting sponsor to America's Team. If you are camped at the Fairgrounds for the evening, catch the shuttle, hitch a ride with someone or drop your trailer and drive over and join us. There is a special day-only parking lot that you can park in while you are there for the party.

The schedule is as follows:

Friday:
9 am ATV, Youth, Pro Bike & GNCC Golf Participants Registration at Garrett County Fairgrounds
These participants will be permitted to move to the Wisp once they have signed up for the event. Due to limited space at the Wisp, competitors are asked to leave extra vehicles at the Fairgrounds free of charge.

Noon GNCC Golf Tournament Registration at the Parts Unlimited Tent

1 pm GNCC Golf Tournament Team Selection at the Parts Unlimited Tent

1:30 pm GNCC Golf Tournament Players' Meeting

2 pm GNCC Golf Tournament Shot Gun Start

7 pm PARTS UNLIMITED GOLF BANQUET at the Parts Unlimited Tent

6 pm - 9 pm GNCC Shuttle Service between Fairgrounds and Wisp

Midnight Gates close until 6 am

Saturday:
8 am ATV & Youth Registration (cont.) at Garrett County Fairgrounds
Participants will be permitted to move to the Wisp once they have signed up for the event. Due to limited space at the Wisp, competitors are asked to leave extra vehicles at the Fairgrounds free of charge.

8:30 - 9 pm GNCC Shuttle Service between Fairgrounds and Wisp

10 am ATV Novice, Utility, Four Stroke Stock & Women Racing at the Wisp

1 pm ATV Pro, A & B Racing at the Wisp

2 pm Bike Registration at Garrett County Fairgrounds

4 pm Youth Racing at the Wisp
The Youth race will be limited to 1 hour for this event.

6 pm Bike competitors permitted to move Pit Vehicles to the Wisp.
Participants will be permitted to move to the Wisp once they have signed up for the event. Due to limited space at the Wisp, competitors are asked to leave extra vehicles at the Fairgrounds free of charge.

8 pm ATV and Youth competitors requested to move to the Fairgrounds to make room for the bikes.
We call this the 'ol switch-a-roo'.

Midnight Gates close until 6 am

Sunday:
8 am Bike registration (cont.) at Garrett County Fairgrounds

8:30 - 7 pm GNCC Shuttle Service between Fairgrounds and Wisp

10 am Super Senior, Women and Novice Racing at the Wisp

1 pm Pro, A & B Racing at the Wisp

The Wisp is a special GNCC event, and we appreciate your cooperation. Please, do not ride your bike on the golf course, do not litter and keep your pit area clean. It's not often that a golf resort invites a racing crew to its facility to enjoy. We want to come back, so we need your help. Have a good time and let us know if you need anything or have any questions over the weekend.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but believe that you will have a more enjoyable GNCC experience by following these simple procedures, especially if it rains. Thanks for your understanding.

See you at the races!!
Racer Productions

Sounds like last year all over :( :confused: :grr: :(

cdalejef
06-24-2003, 01:33 PM
So does this mean we will NOT be able to camp at the track friday night?

Pappy
06-24-2003, 01:36 PM
i think ill just get a hotel room and walk in again:mad: can you say clusterfoxtrot...again!!!!!!:grr:

lt250r91
06-24-2003, 03:07 PM
I agree with you Pappy this is going to be other big mess.

Jeff as far as camping on the track Racer Production did say:

Originally posted by lt250r91

Camping at the Fairgrounds is free in the meantime. Small campfires are permitted at the Fairgrounds, but please, no campfires on the Wisp property.

I take this as that you will be allow just no extra vehicles or camp fires on the track.

cdalejef
06-24-2003, 03:50 PM
OIC....we have a rider racing in the morning so I was hoping we could camp there

BTW.....your quad is in a million pieces!!!:eek2:

popo
06-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Does this mean "No garbage lid races" Looks like I'll be on the shuttle. I tink it's gonna rain too. :huh does this place even get muddy?

465Stroker
06-24-2003, 11:07 PM
I hope they actually have pitting areas next to the track incase it rains... If it rains the hill that most pitted on last year in front of the Wisp Hotel is going to get torn up!
Why are they letting the bikes register at the same time as us? They should have to wait till Saturday - If not I am sure the bike guy will be registering for the ATV race just so that they can get a good pit area early...:ermm:

06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
So when exactly did Monkeyboy and Slapnuts take over Racer Productions???? :confused:

popo
06-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
So when exactly did Monkeyboy and Slapnuts take over Racer Productions???? :confused:

We could only whish. There would be some green smoks in them bong firs and girly dancers on the podium.

Pappy
06-25-2003, 02:47 AM
weather report for that area shows possible t-storms late friday into saturday. if that place is wet....i cnat imagine they will let us park where they did last year

jlhughes750
06-25-2003, 02:55 AM
pappy i just might end up seeing u guys sat. still up in the air...

????????:confused: :confused: :confused: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i gotta ride this weekend and i have tree work to do on sunday so i might run down to Wisp and race!!!!

Pappy
06-25-2003, 02:57 AM
i hope to see you there J..is dan running? and why dont you and dan come to hatfield....plenty of riding there and a few mullets to laugh at also:devil:

jlhughes750
06-25-2003, 04:13 AM
Pappy i am really into checking out a Hatfield trip!!!!!!!!!!when and where gimme the details.... as for DK, i don't know what his deal is lately, we load for the race, he don't show, we load for a ride and sit and wait, he don't show, DON'T BOTHER CALLING EITHER SO, I GUESS HE MIGHT BE DONE.. DID HE EVER CALL U ABOUT THE FRAME(LOVINS)....(sorry i hit the caps lock)

anyway maybe i'll be there, i gotta get u my stuff to PC

later,J

Pappy
06-25-2003, 04:27 AM
HATFIELD is from july 9th to the 13th,,,there is a big thread in the "where to ride" section. its a cheap weekend but the most fun ive ever had:D

03GNCC270
06-25-2003, 04:39 AM
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CAMP AT THE WISP. HOWEVER YOU WILL HAVE TO GET OUT TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE BIKES AFTER YOU ARE DONE SAT. THE BIKES ARE NOT ALOWED IN TIL WE ARE DONE. IF YOU ARE STAYING FOR THE BIKE RACE YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE FAIRGROUNDS. YOU WILL HAVE TO REGISTER OVER AT THE FAIRGROUNDS LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR AND THEN GO OVER TO THE WISP. IF YOU GET THERE LATE YOU WILL HAVE TO REGISTER IN THE MORNING.

WOOLIN
06-25-2003, 10:12 AM
THE GNCC WEB SITE HAS ALL OF THE PARKING AND CAMPING INFO POSTED. :confused2

lt250r91
06-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
BTW.....your quad is in a million pieces!!!:eek2:

I better not found the parts listed on ebay:D

See everone at the track.

And Popo I was told cooler lids are faster that trash can lids.

popo
06-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91
I And Popo I was told cooler lids are faster that trash can lids.

O my bad, You got the steak on RSVP?

lt250r91
06-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by popo
O my bad, You got the steak on RSVP?

Your welcome to come join us at the steakhouse if you'd like. I think we're planning on going Friday night. I'll let you know at the track and then you can decide. See you there.

Mike