PDA

View Full Version : atv tie-down picture .will this work?

ant
06-21-2003, 04:39 AM
is this how you would do it?

ant
06-21-2003, 04:40 AM

Sportrax10
06-21-2003, 04:45 AM
It would probably work, but I would feel more safe with one of the quads in the truck bed, JMO.

tants
06-21-2003, 04:47 AM
is that a 5x8 trailer? its way to small for 2 quads...

throw the little quad in the bed of the truck.

Giz400ex
06-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Why not put 1 quad in the box of the truck and the other on the trailer??? I would have to say if a cop seen that, he would probably stop ya for a improper secured load or whatever you would call it? It doesn't look safe:eek:

Derek
06-21-2003, 05:41 AM
It will work. Tommy and I are experts in the class of getting quads hauled. If i were u Id put on in the bed but if you cant then put the smaller quad on the trailor the right way with the rincon sideways. Use alot of tie downs. U dont wanna look back and see your quad unside down on the highway.

ZSK
06-21-2003, 05:42 AM
I agree, That looks very unsafe. I'd put one quad in the back of the truck, if you don't, at least strap the front and back end of each quad to the trailer (the front end to the side of the trailer, same for the back) That MIGHT be fine for a short trip, but I would really reconsider those accomodations

UglyMotha™
06-21-2003, 05:52 AM
you only need two straps per quad both are fine on the trailer but they would be more secure if you straped them on the a-arms and the rear axle the way you have them if you hit a bump the quads suspension can squat and your straps will either come loose or snap

Tommy 17
06-21-2003, 05:59 AM
hehe the wonder trip to rausch.... we drove 3hours 20 mins like this in the rain and it worked perfectly fine...

bsb64
06-21-2003, 06:31 AM
Keep in mind that those straps are gonna loosen up as you go. Kind of a loony setup if you ask me, no offense. Be sure to stop every so often a tighten those straps. Why don't you put the little quad in the truck bed?

Derek
06-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by bsb64
Keep in mind that those straps are gonna loosen up as you go. Kind of a loony setup if you ask me, no offense. Be sure to stop every so often a tighten those straps. Why don't you put the little quad in the truck bed?

I think its time you get some new straps.

UglyMotha™
06-21-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Derek

i bet he doesn't use rachet straps, if there loosening up i bet he is useing those clamp typ ones, that suck i don't have any problems with my rachet strap getting loose from ohio all the way to florida

Derek
06-21-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i bet he doesn't use rachet straps, if there loosening up i bet he is useing those clamp typ ones, that suck i don't have any problems with my rachet strap getting loose from ohio all the way to florida

Yea ive never had a problem with my rachet straps. Nor did we have any troubles with Tommy's the whole way to Rausch.

Narly R
06-21-2003, 07:10 AM
Ok first of all that a Ozark not a Rincon right? But once we had one bike standing in the back and one on its wheels, and I think it would be better to put the one standing facing forwards with the front tires in the top of the cab, do you see what I mean? that way I think it might be a little more sturdy!:ermm:

Tommy 17
06-21-2003, 07:22 AM
narly i put mine in the way i did bc of this reason....

the wheelie bar met right in the L of the bed wall meetin the bed floor in the back of the truck towards the cab... os that ment that it could no move backwards anymore... so that make it stable that way... also the seat hit the top of the bed right below the window stoppin it from tilting back... that quad could not move back if it tried....

if u put it in backwards... and the tie down let go it would fall right on the cab and take out the whole roof... this way it can not hit the roof under any circumstance... i tried both ways trust me...

Narly R
06-21-2003, 07:31 AM
Well i only tried that one so I belive ya and thanks for the info!:)

250rAL
06-21-2003, 08:22 AM
If your cam-buckle type tie downs are loosening, then they aren't Ancra. They never loosen but the cheap hardware store variety do.

bsb64
06-21-2003, 09:16 AM
Actually, I do use ratchet straps. And they do come loose. I don't leave my quads in gear when I haul them, just the parking brake. From what I've heard leaving it in gear will wear out the tranny. I haul them 3 hrs to Tower City, always stop half way there to check the straps, and they are usually getting loose, not real loose, but looser. I also, understand that ratchet straps are a consumable item that wear out, but mine are new.

UglyMotha™
06-21-2003, 09:19 AM
ya get what ya pay for ;)

ant
06-21-2003, 09:37 AM
i should have posted that there is a third atv going into the p/u bed...
thanks for your replys...
ant

Stevie-D
06-21-2003, 10:50 AM
if you dont want the ratchets to loosen up, just take the ends of the strap that are excess, and wrap them around the ratchet and tie them good, that way they SHOULD NOT LOOSEN UP!

TheRedRebel17
06-21-2003, 11:07 AM
personally, i would stand the little uqad up and down in the bed of the truck. then put the next smallest atv behinfd that with teh tail;gate down and it should work...and put the biggest on the trailer

TheRedRebel17
06-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
personally, i would stand the little uqad up and down in the bed of the truck. then put the next smallest atv behinfd that with teh tail;gate down and it should work...and put the biggest on the trailer

Like tommy posted..which is this

06-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Derek

I think its time for a trailer :D

Derek
06-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
I think its time for a trailer :D

I got 3 and tommys got one. We just decided we didnt need to haul a trailor the whole way there for no point.