PDA

View Full Version : Installed My New Anti Veb Stem Lucky?

JD400exrider
06-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Well i just installed my burgard anti vibe stem. Not rubbing on any plastics where the bottom nuts on the anti vibe stem are. After reading a few posts that a standard length stems will rub. I was expecting the same. Bought it on e bay as a standard length. Standing next to the stock stem it was the same height. Guess i got lucky :D

QuadTrix6
06-21-2003, 07:27 AM
any pics :cool:

bmw500hp
06-21-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
Well i just installed my burgard anti vibe stem. Not rubbing on any plastics where the bottom nuts on the anti vibe stem are. After reading a few posts that a standard length stems will rub. I was expecting the same. Bought it on e bay as a standard length. Standing next to the stock stem it was the same height. Guess i got lucky :D

There is something I don't understand here. How could the tolerances of a burgard stem differ to the point one is perfect and one grinds your plastic.

I am glad you got your stem and like it John, but something isn't making sense.

So is this a hit and miss thing or has the problem been addressed.

lil400exman
06-21-2003, 10:09 AM
your 2nd idea sounds right it has been addressed:p

Pappy
06-21-2003, 10:35 AM
it would also depend on how well the tank cover fits;) thats where the rubbing problem on muffs quad was...and it was maier plastic to boot

bmw500hp
06-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Thats cool, ya can't deny the stems are priced right!:)

JD400exrider
06-21-2003, 08:56 PM
My plastic is stock plastic. The tank cover fits like a glove :D There is a good 1/4"+ clearance. Had to adjust one tie rod a little and that was about it. No biggie. Taking them off in a few days for the new a arms anyways.
One thing i did notice was there was no hole on the bottom of the stem to put a cotter pin in. I think that would have been a good idea. The nut is a plastic type lock nut though.

06-22-2003, 01:36 AM
I have a maier tank cover and my anti-vibe hits it just enough to make a mark but it's not too bad..