PDA

View Full Version : White Plastics?

Dale512
06-20-2003, 03:38 PM
How does White Plastic hold up? Does it show scratches real easy, how about staining? Does it stain easy and how is it too keep clean?

Pappy
06-20-2003, 03:42 PM
it scratches the same as any other color....it will stain a bit easier...but being white you can use stronger cleaning agents on the tuff areas to get it white again.

fuddrucker
06-23-2003, 05:42 AM
I've had white for about 3 years now and it has held up pretty well. There are a few areas where it is darkening but I can usually just use some mineral spirits to clean it up real good.

Here is a pic of it after a wash and a coat of Future Acrylic floor finish. The floor finish REALLY shines it up, hides the scratches, and makes it look like new. This works really well on white.

I have a red 300ex and it (floor finish) looks great on it as well, BUT, after a wash, it has some milky white patches and looks dull until I re-apply. On white though, it does not seem to do this.

XANDADA
06-23-2003, 06:12 AM
I just bought a set of new white oem for the R and trashed them the first time out. The area under the gas tank is now permenantly stained from my legs rubbing it. I won't get white next time around:(

spincr4hire
06-23-2003, 08:47 AM
take some Comet or Ajax on a wet rag to it, it should come out, thats what I usually do with those stains where my boots always scuff the plastic.

XANDADA
06-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
take some Comet or Ajax on a wet rag to it, it should come out, thats what I usually do with those stains where my boots always scuff the plastic.

I'll have to give it a shot, thanks...