PDA

View Full Version : Millionaires?

AlaskaSpeed
06-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Any millionaires members of the site?

Sporttrax400ex
06-20-2003, 03:26 PM
my dads company takes in 2million a year but it all goesright back out in 2 more cars soo we dont see half of the money..

bansheeguy77
06-20-2003, 03:30 PM
from the looks of some the quads we have alot

AtvMxRider
06-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sporttrax400ex
my dads company takes in 2million a year but it all goesright back out in 2 more cars soo we dont see half of the money..

:huh

Flyin#3-1/2
06-20-2003, 03:52 PM
yea i think there must be a lot of millionaires on here...or else people who know how to save up money:ermm: unlike me who pulls in around -50,000 a year....lol

QuAdRaCeR244
06-20-2003, 03:56 PM
i'm the richest man in the world.:macho

p@iNn3ck
06-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Ben??????

QuAdRaCeR244
06-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Ben??????

what?:scary:

user101
06-20-2003, 04:50 PM
"cough" "cough" PAPPY

j/k:p

hes a certified billionaire

Pappy
06-20-2003, 04:54 PM
bhahahahahhaa....billionaire my arse:macho

user101
06-20-2003, 05:07 PM

Chef
06-20-2003, 05:07 PM
We make about $120k a year. We gross about 1.8 Million though.

QuAdRaCeR244
06-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chef
We make about $120k a year. We gross about 1.8 Million though.

who is "we"?:confused2

mx517
06-20-2003, 05:21 PM
millionares...... i'd be happy to make 10 thousand

Brad
06-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mx517

amen :(

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 04:02 AM
We make about $120k a year. We gross about 1.8 Million though. Doin' what??? ....and who's we???....Mom and Dad??:rolleyes:

QuAdRaCeR244
06-21-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by mx517

10 grand a year? :eek2: that is not much at all

cheetah
06-21-2003, 04:30 AM
My dad's company grosses about 10 mil a year, but they clear only about 600,000 a yr and that is all to the company since it is a corporation.

QuAdRaCeR244
06-21-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
My dad's company grosses about 10 mil a year, but they clear only about 600,000 a yr and that is all to the company since it is a corporation.

what is the company?

cheetah
06-21-2003, 05:17 AM
We make woodchips for use to make paper, we make landscaping mulch, lumber, and sell logs as raw material. It may not sound like such a big operation. But when you have a contract with big players like Weyerhauser (formerly mead paper), they pay good money for the raw material.

Derek
06-21-2003, 05:35 AM
A million dollars. WOW. Thats alot of money. I can only clear about 10 thousand a year but i dont see very much of it.

bansheeguy77
06-21-2003, 05:48 AM
woah i might make around 5-7grand a year with my new job

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Doin' what??? ....and who's we???....Mom and Dad??:rolleyes:

Don't roll your eyes at me. My dad works 80+ hours a week. How many do you work?

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 06:13 AM
Don't roll your eyes at me. My dad works 80+ hours a week. my poINT exactly:rolleyes: jackass,

Derek
06-21-2003, 06:17 AM
my ponit exactly:rolleyes: jackass,

yes yes donnie is a spoiled little chit.;)

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:19 AM
my ponit exactly:rolleyes: jackass,

Yes, your ponit exactly, how many hours do you work a week, again?

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 06:21 AM
cheF seems to think his "chit" dont stink,when in reality...hes still suckelin' off mommy and daddy,how about you,do you pay your own way or depend on someone else too,sure he has a nice R,but I lost any respect when I found when momy and daddy paid for it,word has it around the locals is hes just a spoiled baby:rolleyes:

I have a family (3 kids) and bust my @ss to pay for my stuff,home,cars,toys,etc.......

not comparing my dad to myself...lmao:rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
06-21-2003, 06:21 AM
so nice to see bickering and NOT be a part of it......lmao

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:24 AM
chet seems to think his "chit" dont stink,when in reality...hes still suckelin' off mommy and daddy,how about you,do you pay your own way or depend on someone else too,sure he has a nice R,but I lost any respect when I found when momy and daddy paid for it,word has it around the locals is hes just a spoiled baby:rolleyes:

Yea...I heard about that Chet guy...what a jackazz.:ermm:

Derek
06-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
so nice to see bickering and NOT be a part of it......lmao

You made the thread so you are apart of it.:rolleyes:

Pappy
06-21-2003, 06:26 AM
working in the family business has more headaches then you can imagine.....chef will earn everything he has if he hasnt started already

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 06:30 AM
Yea...I heard about that Chet guy...what a jackazz.:ermm: fixed that typo,:o

AlaskaSpeed
06-21-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Derek
You made the thread so you are apart of it.:rolleyes:

****...!!!! I can't escape the cloud of controversy, no matter how hard I try..........:ermm:

AlaskaSpeed
06-21-2003, 06:33 AM
fixed that typo,:o

Jeremy, typos are not tolerated 'round here......;) :huh

As for Chet, I have no problem with a parent giving their kid stuff as long as the kid isn't a deadbeat. My wife's bro is worthless and has owned and lost countless businesses that my wife's father has bank rolled. Chet seems to have his $hit together, so I don't see a problem with it............JIM

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:36 AM
fixed that typo,:o

Good job :macho :D Now, where is Bothell? Is it close to Rainier, if it is, is it raining out there? I have a race there tonight, the track is mucho gay-o, and I hope it rains out!

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 06:43 AM
sorry about that Jim lol,its not so much the attitude the dude has torawds me...I could care less,its that the dude flaunts the stuff mommy and daddy bought him w/ the attitude that hes better then everybody else,thats not right ,it just dont fly w/ me man,and a few things Ive heard locally about the dude ......but what can ya expect when the folks still wipe his butt...

anyway ,glad to see ya haven't "downshifted" yet,lol;) keep it puinned!!!:D

AlaskaSpeed
06-21-2003, 06:47 AM
sorry about that Jim lol,its not so much the attitude the dude has torawds me...I could care less,its that the dude flaunts the stuff mommy and daddy bought him w/ the attitude that hes better then everybody else,thats not right ,it just dont fly w/ me man,and a few things Ive heard locally about the dude ......but what can ya expect when the folks still wipe his butt...

I work my *** off too and can see your point, I guess it's all how you perceive Chef's attitude. I used to think the same thing to a point about him, but have talked to him a lot during my Dale rebuild and he is actually a pretty down to earth kid.....a bit cocky, but I suppose some would call me a bit of an ********* at times too......;)

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:47 AM

When did I say, or even imply, that I was better than everybody else? Ever? Have you ever met me in person? Did I walk around acting like hot ****? Have you ever seen me at a race track walkin around like I was hot ****? I doubt it. What have you heard locally about "the dude"?

Derek
06-21-2003, 06:49 AM
When did I say, or even imply, that I was better than everybody else? Ever? Have you ever met me in person? Did I walk around acting like hot ****? Have you ever seen me at a race track walkin around like I was hot ****? I doubt it. What have you heard locally about "the dude"?

"psssst....that dudes got a small package":eek2::eek: :D ;)

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:51 AM
"psssst....that dudes got a small package":eek2::eek: :D ;)

:macho

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 06:52 AM
NEXT!!!!

Chef
06-21-2003, 06:55 AM
NEXT!!!!

You mean your not gonna tell me what you have heard about the dude?:confused:

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 07:01 AM
"psssst....that dudes got a small package":eek2::eek: :D ;) lol,....cheF,I dont wanna bicker w/ you,you do carry yourself well for your age,thats good,but work on the "tude" a bit,I'd rather get along w/ all you clowns,I dont talk IM or AOL w/ anyone so Im not tight w/ anyone like all you guys are,I was just stating my opinion w/ you,I was at the Tacoma dome last yr,I didnt know the dude w/ the black 400 was you at the time,maybe I'll introdue myself and see how you are in person 1 of these times,thats how you see how a true person is,anyway good luck tonight ...kick some butt!!....10-4?!!

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 07:02 AM
You mean your not gonna tell me what you have heard about the dude?:confused: not here man,we'll talk sometime

Chef
06-21-2003, 07:04 AM
lol,....cheF,I dont wanna bicker w/ you,you do carry yourself well for your age,thats good,but work on the "tude" a bit,I'd rather get along w/ all you clowns,I dont talk IM or AOL w/ anyone so Im not tight w/ anyone like all you guys are,I was just stating my opinion w/ you,I was at the Tacoma dome last yr,I didnt know the dude w/ the black 400 was you at the time,maybe I'll introdue myself and see how you are in person 1 of these times,thats how you see how a true person is,anyway good luck tonight ...kick some butt!!....10-4?!!

10-4 good buddy.:huh :macho

Pappy
06-21-2003, 07:12 AM
chef...i say screw what they think. if your parents were smart enough to get ahead and give you the best of things...more power to them.

i havent seen you stick it to someone except when we are all horsing around....

and if jtr wants to talk smack....run him:macho mommy and daddy cant buy talent:bandit: or maybe chef already handed you yer arse :eek: sounds like SMS to me:o

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
chef...i say screw what they think. if your parents were smart enough to get ahead and give you the best of things...more power to them.

i havent seen you stick it to someone except when we are all horsing around....

and if jtr wants to talk smack....run him:macho mommy and daddy cant buy talent:bandit: no but 28 yrs of riding/racing can:macho :macho :macho just dont have a PSI BB motor or I'd consider it,and that is an excuse but its legit:o :D

Chef
06-21-2003, 07:19 AM
I can use the 460 if you like?

Pappy
06-21-2003, 07:21 AM
no but 28 yrs of riding/racing can:macho :macho :macho just dont have a PSI BB motor or I'd consider it,and that is an excuse but its legit:o :D

sorry...when the flag drops the BS stops. im sure chef will take the 460 out if the PV scares ya

06-21-2003, 07:21 AM
YEah ok how about this im 17 right yeah my parents have bought me my chit but i dont think i could afford it making $6 an hour otherwise id be saving all year.....And frankly i wouldnt care if anyone thought i was spoiled...Just b/c my parents are blessed and like to do stuff for me and get me stuff...This doesnt me im a stuck up ******* who has everything handed to him on a silver platter... Just to clear that up and if i was eighteen i would be working at a better job making 1k a week however i am not eighteen blame the gov. not out parents....:D

Ryan
06-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Keyser_Soze
YEah ok how about this im 17 right yeah my parents have bought me my chit but i dont think i could afford it making $6 an hour otherwise id be saving all year.....And frankly i wouldnt care if anyone thought i was spoiled...Just b/c my parents are blessed and like to do stuff for me and get me stuff...This doesnt me im a stuck up ******* who has everything handed to him on a silver platter... Just to clear that up and if i was eighteen i would be working at a better job making 1k a week however i am not eighteen blame the gov. not out parents....:D

Who the heck are you :huh

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 07:30 AM
Chef,Ive flattracked for 8 or so yrs and hung it up,but am more of an mx guy,when I can keep from breakin it anyway,my R is worth about your wheels:rolleyes:(but its mine and I bought it myself haha) and I'd probably get my *** handed to me,but I'll run w/ ya just to show ya I can lol:macho :macho ....just not today:D ;)

Brad
06-21-2003, 07:56 AM
i got a raise yesterday!!!! NAW I MAKE 13$ AN HOUR wooo hooo:D

mrusk
06-21-2003, 08:52 AM
How old is chef? I always thought he was like 30?

matt

Pappy
06-21-2003, 08:54 AM
chef is still a whippersnapper:devil:

06-21-2003, 09:16 AM
WHo am i lol thats was great lol i just kinda popped in outta nowhere well ive been reading around here and stuff for quite a bit and ive been waiting a damn week for these crazy guys to activate my account so today was the first day i could finally start posting lol but anyways yes i am the one an only Keyser Soze (if that crazy ******* found out i was using his name hed whoop my ***) If anyone has seen one of the best movies ever "the usual suspects" they know who i am.......Oh yeah im not much of a guy on puntcuation and such as you can see!!:macho

Got Huevos?
06-21-2003, 09:17 AM

"...all of a sudden it was like BLAM and he came outta no-where..."

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Don't roll your eyes at me. this is the part that cracked me up...I felt like sayin'.."or what kid,ya gonna beat me up w/ your GI JOE action figure" lol "or tell your mom" lmao,never had a kid say that to me b4 :D

bluebaron
06-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Sporttrax400ex

half of 2 mill, is one million

hessianmx111
06-21-2003, 10:12 AM
i dont see any thing wrong with your parents helpin ya out or gettin ya stuff ya want if they want too. hed be foolish to turn it down.i never saw any where he said anything smart assy in his original post or any others, jtr had to say somethin about chefs mom and dad makin the money or whatever. chef never claimed he made the money himself.

muff
06-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
half of 2 mill, is one million

correct, but he doesnt get that much, he said that he didnt get the half of the 2 mil.

as for my parents, they buy me a lot of stuff, a helluva lotta stuff, buy they only buy me stuff that I need for the quad to work, if it makes it go faster or handle better i have to pay for that kinda stuff...but the rest of my family is into it to so its all good, my 15 year old sister got the manual clutch on the 400ex down pretty good to

FourFiftyFour
06-21-2003, 10:31 AM

Im 18 and Im only makin $6 an hr...... and sometimes I make $100 a week... (I work part time b/c of college) and I have bought all my quad stuff, I am still payin off for my Cannibal and I pay for everything that breaks and new stuff I need for it.... I dont get to spend any of my money on clothes, CDs, movies, video games, etc...... I spend ALL my money on racing..... I love it enough that its worth it..... maybe one day I will make enough where I can afford to buy a little bit more for myself and for others..... but right now I scrape every penny to pay for my quad........ but its the thing I love in life and Ive given up a lot just for racing, but when I start racing Nationals.. every penny that went into it is gonna be worth 10 x more than if i had just spent it on a lousy video game

Ben
06-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Jim asked a question in this thread and it turned to a flame war. Take this junk to private messages and out of the public area. Thanks :)

And on topic - I wish I was a millionare! Someone from this site once told me that they heard I was extremely wealthy - I said I wish! :scary:

Ben

AtvMxRider
06-21-2003, 12:38 PM
I've talked to Chef alot on aim and I can tell you he is a very nice person. I'm glad his parents are able to give him what they do. I've never got the impression that he thought he was better than anybody cause if I did he know's I would tell him to **** off!:D .

hessianmx111
06-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I've never got the impression that he thought he was better than anybody cause if I did he know's I would tell him to **** off!:D .
lmao,yup

310Rduner
06-21-2003, 02:14 PM
yeah, seriously Chef is a fine Young man.. haha;)

hey Donnie,, has your real age really made public news yet? i know everyone knows your young.. but do they know its 15 young..? hehe oops.. slipped..

hes a great guy to talk to on aim.. never pretends to be better than me.. he knows i only have a little ole 310.. buit he also knows ill smoke his shee if i have to..

and who cares if he cant start his bike first kick cause its too much compression for em... :muscle:

j/p bro.. you cool...

oh hey btw donnie.. when you get on aim ill tell ya why im sending back this POS maier and getting fullbore....:blah:

310Rduner
06-21-2003, 02:18 PM
ohh and just thought of this.. he never said hes better.. he just lets us know his bike might be better than ours...

might.... lol jk

Woodsrider
06-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Alright enough is enough!:grr: :macho Chef and JTR, both of you show up at Capitol Forest tomorrow for the poker run, and I'll personally hand both of you your arses:D Just kidding guys, but I think there are enough of us on here from western Washington to put a ride together and meet everyone.

And Chef, If your folks are doin so well, hows 'bout a hand out, I been tryin to save up for a set of shocks, but the kids' feet keep growin and the roof leaks:p

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Alright enough is enough!:grr: :macho Chef and JTR, both of you show up at Capitol Forest tomorrow for the poker run, and I'll personally hand both of you your arses:D haven't been there since I broke my tail-bone a few yrs back mx'n:uhoh: now that I think about it...about 7-8 yrs, but my bikes all-ready set-up to do that,We'll have to get together for a ride sometime soon,:cool:

Quad18star
06-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Man is wish I could be rollin in the $$ but it hasn't happened yet . Maybe the lottery will be in my favor soon . :devil: I've been fortunate enough to have my parents help me out with some of the most important things in my life . They've helped me pay for my college which is almost 10Gs a year and have helped me pay for some of the expensises of buying a car . I work my *** off 44 hours a week making $8 an hour just so that I can pay back some of the bills they've helped me with . That's why I don't have a quad right now . I don't see anythign wrong with parents or family helping their kids out with schooling , vehiculs , payments or maybe even a sport like this one . If I become rich one day , for sure I'd buy my kids the best things on the market , just cuz I know it's hard to get through things sometimes . But if the parents teach the kids good morals , not the " I'm rich so I'm better than you are" attitude , and the kid respects that , I think they deserve everything they get . Some of my buddies are millionaires and you wouldn't be able to know it if they passed you on the street . They're just ordinary 20 year olds who work hard for their money and don't think that they are better than anyone else . An example of this is one of my closest buddy , the one Forum bought his 426 motor from . This kid could have been set for life , his parents were going to give him the keys to the grocery store they own that pulls in millions per year , but he didn't want it handed to him . He wanted to earn it . Now he's in college taking courses so that he can open up his own business and " make it" himself . That takes lots of ballz to do. I'd have jumped on that and never looked back :D

rdmex
06-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Don my bud. I used to think he was old too, hes only 15 :bandit:

roostin_dale
06-21-2003, 05:51 PM
A always thought Chef was about 35 or sumthing...never woulda new he was only 15

FourFiftyFour
06-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
A always thought Chef was about 35 or sumthing...never woulda new he was only 15

He told everyone he was 20..... but then we all found out he was 15

jcv400ex
06-21-2003, 06:46 PM
I'm a Millionaire in training! :blah:

From starting my own business, I can tell you one thing....NO WAY my kid is going to walk into it when I hang it up and think he/she's getting it scott free. It was a pain in the arse, I think I took 10 years off of my life! I can't stand when kids just fall into their parents hard work without any effort. If you've been there from age 15, working beside ma and pa, taken your fair share of bumps and bruises, then MAYBE you deserve to buy it from them for a nominal fee.......

AtvMxRider
06-22-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
He told everyone he was 20..... but then we all found out he was 15

I always thought he was 12.......:ermm:

Woodsrider
06-22-2003, 12:46 AM
haven't been there since I broke my tail-bone a few yrs back mx'n:uhoh: now that I think about it...about 7-8 yrs, but my bikes all-ready set-up to do that,We'll have to get together for a ride sometime soon,:cool:

How about August?

JTRtrx250r
06-22-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
How about August? that'd be sweet!!:cool:

bansheeguy77
06-22-2003, 02:50 AM
quadstar what you said was pretty good. my dad bought my first quad that was it. i had to pay for the rest and everything on them, even gas. i had to sell my quad to get a car but i didnt have enough so my mom bought me a car. just an old 1 to get me from place to place for now. i pay for everything and i try my best to get stuff i want. I hate seeing kids who have everything handed to them. If your in the family business do something to earn it. If u sit there and live off ur parents without moving thats what i hate. in no way am i talking about any1 on here or chef i was actually referring to like jack osbourne or some *** like that. If the kid is good they should be helped 100%. but they should know the value of a dollar thats the main thing. Parents paying for half of stuff is nice too. I think the parents should pay for college but thats just me.

bansheerider_13
06-22-2003, 03:11 AM
i understand what you guys are saying completely my dad and my uncle own a paving and sealing bussness together so i work almost 6 days a week in the summers from 6am to about 6 or 7 pm my parents bought my bikes for me but i have to pay for every else for them but since i am working for them now they wont pay for anything thats why i just sold my bike yesterday to get a car

JTRtrx250r
06-22-2003, 03:36 AM
sounds like SMS to me:o lol,where and how do you figure that:huh :rolleyes: I gotta alot of respect for flattrackers but its the easiest form of atv racing,been racing since that kids mom thru him as a wet pup........so,once again papsmere.....how do you figure that lol:huh

I full-on agree w/ a few of these guys,......pay your own way,w/o the "suckle-boy syndrome",it teaches you the facts of life,the kids got a few yrs left w/ mom and dad ,but for some reason I can see the kids still livin w/ the folks after hes 18,my kids (twin boys) are gonna have their bags packed, lemme tell ya,their the same age and I'll be damned if they arn't gonna earn their way in life,just gives a kid morals and teaches them to work hard and to appreciate the things the earn and pay for,then...you can truely give em the world,.....b/c then they'll have an idea on what to expect w/ a bit of reality

I bought all their 1st bikes,karts,atvs,but when and if they wanted to step up........they work for it

;) ;) ;)

Pappy
06-22-2003, 03:42 AM
SBS...lmfao thats not what SMS stands for but your the expert...lmfao

Derek
06-22-2003, 03:47 AM
Not me. My parents got money but they make me for EVERYTHING. If I go to the mall and want a shirt then my mom says, "youve got a job, you buy it."

JTRtrx250r
06-22-2003, 03:50 AM
Not me. My parents got money but they make me for EVERYTHING. If I go to the mall and want a shirt then my mom says, "youve got a job, you buy it." your folks have good morals man,when I was younger,mine said the exact same thing....and I thought thet were just being mean lol

roostin_dale
06-22-2003, 03:56 AM
Not me. My parents got money but they make me for EVERYTHING. If I go to the mall and want a shirt then my mom says, "youve got a job, you buy it."

Man..my parents do the same thing to me! You get use to it after awhile!

Pappy
06-22-2003, 04:00 AM
your folks have good morals man,when I was younger,mine said the exact same thing....and I thought thet were just being mean lol

since when does giving your children the finer things in life mean you cant instill good values and morals:huh

Derek
06-22-2003, 04:03 AM
since when does giving your children the finer things in life mean you cant instill good values and morals:huh

Sure my mom and dad teach me good morals. But Pappy is right. I have a neighbor thats dad is a brain doctor. He gives his kids EVERYTHING. Well they have just as good morals as I do if not better.

bansheeguy77
06-22-2003, 04:09 AM
hah derek my dad is the same way...if its something he likes he will buy it tho...my mom always trys to buy me stuff and always offers to pay but i usually dont let her...if i have money i buy it and provide my way...i hate depending and taking other peoples money. i dont think its so much about morals its does the kid know the value of a dollar? and how to survive in the real world.

JTRtrx250r
06-22-2003, 04:11 AM
since when does giving your children the finer things in life mean you cant instill good values and morals:huh it dont pap,depends on how they go about it,I aint got all the answers man.....,if you give a kid everything they want....they learn to expect it,...not to mention if they dont ,they get let down:ermm:

Quad18star
06-22-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't agree with kicking the kids out of the house at 18 , like someone said in an earlier reply . I'm 20 right now and still live at home . If I had to pay for an apartment , bills , food, etc , I don't think I would be in College right now . I just wouldn't be able to afford it . I can see if the kid wasn't in school , not going to college or University or just dropped out , then YES I would pack his or her bags and tell them to make it themselves . But like I said , for someone that has to pay 10 Gs a year for college , make car payments , insurance payments , and whatnot , the kid wouldn't be able to make it . When you have nearly 35 hours of class time each week , it's hard to make enough money to support yourself . Minimum wages or student wages just don't cut it .

Quad18star
06-22-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't agree with kicking the kids out of the house at 18 , like someone said in an earlier reply . I'm 20 right now and still live at home . If I had to pay for an apartment , bills , food, etc , I don't think I would be in College right now . I just wouldn't be able to afford it . I can see if the kid wasn't in school , not going to college or University or just dropped out , then YES I would pack his or her bags and tell them to make it themselves . But like I said , for someone that has to pay 10 Gs a year for college , make car payments , insurance payments , and whatnot , the kid wouldn't be able to make it . When you have nearly 35 hours of class time each week , it's hard to make enough money to support yourself . Minimum wages or student wages just don't cut it .

AlaskaSpeed
06-23-2003, 09:44 AM
a lot of interesting views

Bretmd94
06-23-2003, 10:03 AM
I have daydreams every day about being a millionaire. All i think about is what quads i would build and own.

But here i am at work, working for 10$ an hour in the summer, probably not going to get through college, and never reachign a million. I want to buy a 450cc bike by then end of the year be it a yamy or a honda. Hopefully i will get some help.

BTW I even get help from my parents a bit and im 20. I did buy my KX125 alone though, and the 400ex is actually my dads (even though he never rides it). :ermm:

MOFO
06-24-2003, 12:30 AM
No. I am not a millionaire. :eek:

XANDADA
06-24-2003, 02:25 AM
close, but not near...

spiderrider04
06-24-2003, 04:07 AM
I wish I was a millionaire, but anyway laet me tell you about the "rich kid" in drivers ed.

There was some of us talking and he was like, yeah we own 26 fourwheelers and 22 waverunners. I was like yeah ok, but i didn't say it. Then he goes on about how is dad has like $65 million and that he went to Paris. I didn't believe a word this kid was saying. He thinks he is better than everybody else.

O by the, way he said his dad owns some kind of machine business.

zephead400ex
06-24-2003, 04:24 AM
Far from it! I do work my *** off though! I go to college full time and work 40 hours a week, which keeps me busy. On top of that I coach a 9-10 grade Boys B-ball team and have a tournament almost every weekend. Oh ya...I have a gf too!

Damn...where does the riding fit in??:mad:

peace

dpizz450
06-24-2003, 06:13 PM
im not sayin im a millionare or nuttin but have anyone of yall ever seen in the store louisiana fish fry or cajun seasoning or tonys seafood? well my family uncles and aunts n cousins n all tehm we all own that n we make 7 mil a year :ermm: :ermm:

Castor-426ex
06-24-2003, 06:16 PM
ok..i admit it

im not:D :(

Pappy
06-25-2003, 03:53 AM
freakystone is correct.....too many people are lazy and want it all for free.

money is where ya make it....you just have to be a bit smarter and willing to do the time and it will come:)

yellowex01
06-25-2003, 03:02 PM
I give my son pretty much anything he wants. BUT he has been setting tile since he was 3!!!!!

yellowex01
06-25-2003, 03:05 PM
So far he has had 02 pw50 and 02 raptor 80

DEAL
06-25-2003, 03:28 PM
I know kids that treat their parents like **** and still get whatever they want.
Sometimes its because the parents are actually scared of their child.
I pay for most of my stuff. Not saying my parents don't help me sometimes but I apperciate it.

Derek
06-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
I know kids that treat their parents like **** and still get whatever they want.
Sometimes its because the parents are actually scared of their child.
I pay for most of my stuff. Not saying my parents don't help me sometimes but I apperciate it.

sounds like this kid needs a nice swift kick to the arse.

crazybuffalo
06-25-2003, 06:14 PM
im no where near it but im sure that many here are